ImageImageImageImageImage

2/14/2018 GT: Wizards @ Knicks 7pm MSG St Valentine's Day Massacre

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mrcalzone
Veteran
And1: 2,910

Re: 2/14/2018 GT: Wizards @ Knicks 7pm MSG St Valentine's Day Massacre 

Post#41 » by mrcalzone » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am

what a difference 6 years makes...
BossaNova13
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#42 » by BossaNova13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 am

I wish them another great team win.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#43 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am

BossaNova13 wrote:Bradley Beal will torture Tim for 30-40minutes.

Satoransky gonna expose our overrated guards.

:lol: Our guards are not over rated. That’s for sure.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am

seren wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Maybe THJr can guide us to another useless win here.

KNicks would have been so much better off signing Holiday for two years 5 million per. They'd have among the worst records in the league and 13 million more in cap space.

Wow. Just looked at Holiday's numbers. Pretty much the same except much more efficient than Hardaway. Can't believe we have to watch Hardaway chucking three more years and clog the cap while doing that.

I'm in my post mid-season acerbic form, but still. I get the THJr on the one hand. Solve one of the wing positions at a relatively decent (not awesome) price, which looks better based on some calculation of THJr being a player on the rise and the cap going up. And I know he's been hurt. I just wish the Knicks were a team that for once realized the right and true way to rebuild and held off another year. I mean, we saw that the Knicks didn't look all that great with KP healthy and THJr out. And Holiday is decent, but he's really not quite as good. So that would have accomplished more losses and the cap saving different of about 12 million a year. Hey, that's Courtney Lee's salary. I mean, it's especially annoying when you see what Baker got, which is close to what Holiday got. So, what the two moves proved to me, in the short time Mills had the reigns (and face it, it's not like Perry has complete autonomy) is that he overvalued Baker, undervalued Holiday and rushed into signing THJr, probably for some combination of making a splash, undoing a "Phil move", getting "his guy" in here, MOLLIFYING KP AND JANIS, and the whole "solving SG now at bargain $ later". It also shows an over optimistic (hence not realistic) assessment of where the team was and where it was going, because even with KP staying healthy and THJr, the team was really still this year, a draft pick, and all of next year away from being anywhere near good. And to me, if you are 2+ years away from good, you don't sink the rest of your cap into Baker/THJr.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#45 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:John Wall being a whiny girl and having to clear the air with Gortat, makes me think this guy is going to force a trade in the off seasons especially since the Wizards failed to get Durant.

Seems clear, Jeff is going to roll out the Vets while sodomizing Noah in a gimp suit on Gal-lentine’s Day.

Tim Hardaway Jr shoots 6 for 20, 1/8 from downtown.

Mudiay will have a stat line that looks nice on paper but in reality didn’t engage anyone in a losing cause.

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#46 » by seren » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:John Wall being a whiny girl and having to clear the air with Gortat, makes me think this guy is going to force a trade in the off seasons especially since the Wizards failed to get Durant.

Seems clear, Jeff is going to roll out the Vets while sodomizing Noah in a gimp suit on Gal-lentine’s Day.

Mudiay will have a stat line that looks nice on paper but in reality didn’t engage anyone in a losing cause.

Alan Hahn was suggesting the Knicks trade for Wall.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#47 » by Tron Carter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Red Vines wrote:Trey Burke revenge game. (Hey Jennings, who's in the GLeague now?!?)

Nah DNP-CD
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#48 » by Tron Carter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
seren wrote:

KNicks would have been so much better off signing Holiday for two years 5 million per. They'd have among the worst records in the league and 13 million more in cap space.

Wow. Just looked at Holiday's numbers. Pretty much the same except much more efficient than Hardaway. Can't believe we have to watch Hardaway chucking three more years and clog the cap while doing that.

I'm in my post mid-season acerbic form, but still. I get the THJr on the one hand. Solve one of the wing positions at a relatively decent (not awesome) price, which looks better based on some calculation of THJr being a player on the rise and the cap going up. And I know he's been hurt. I just wish the Knicks were a team that for once realized the right and true way to rebuild and held off another year. I mean, we saw that the Knicks didn't look all that great with KP healthy and THJr out. And Holiday is decent, but he's really not quite as good. So that would have accomplished more losses and the cap saving different of about 12 million a year. Hey, that's Courtney Lee's salary. I mean, it's especially annoying when you see what Baker got, which is close to what Holiday got. So, what the two moves proved to me, in the short time Mills had the reigns (and face it, it's not like Perry has complete autonomy) is that he overvalued Baker, undervalued Holiday and rushed into signing THJr, probably for some combination of making a splash, undoing a "Phil move", getting "his guy" in here, MOLLIFYING KP AND JANIS, and the whole "solving SG now at bargain $ later". It also shows an over optimistic (hence not realistic) assessment of where the team was and where it was going, because even with KP staying healthy and THJr, the team was really still this year, a draft pick, and all of next year away from being anywhere near good. And to me, if you are 2+ years away from good, you don't sink the rest of your cap into Baker/THJr.

the more you break it down, the sadder it reads.
R.I.P Black Mamba
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#49 » by seren » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
seren wrote:

The fact that he considered 71 million as a bargain for a player who has never and will never be close to one of the top 50 players in the league is jawdroppingly idiotic. Bear in mind by the summer of 2017, we all knew that the cap will flatten and all the 2016 deals looked horrible at that point. Toronto had to give up a first rounder to unload Demarre Carroll, a player whose resume is way ahead of Hardaway's and whose contract was much smaller. Portland had to eat up 21 million in dead money to unload a similar player with a similar contract in Crabbe.

This all comes down to what you rightfully said about Mills' player evaluation. He considered Hardaway as borderline all-star. He thought Hardaway could be our Klay Thompson. His contract showed that. His role on the team showed that. The fact that Hardaway was a Knick for two years make this even worse.
NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Post#50 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 pm

mrcalzone wrote:

Probably the last fun knicks team to watch
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#51 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm

seren wrote:

Alan Hahn was suggesting the Knicks trade for Wall.

What a hack he's become. Trade what, Alan?
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#52 » by Trav_NYK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 pm

this will be Frank's game to go off, watch...
"This is Me7o"
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,960

Post#53 » by Besart19 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Porzingis
Parker
Doncic
Ntilikina
Wall
Strength and Honour!
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#54 » by Reign23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 pm

could be a trap game. hope charlotte wins in orlando, cause we have to lock up that 9th seed as soon as possible.
formerly known as knickst4pe
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#55 » by nyczlegacy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Trav_NYK wrote:this will be Frank's game to go off, watch...

predicting 2 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists in 29 minutes played, -12
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#56 » by GEOLINK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

mrcalzone wrote:

Had Time Warner Cable during this time and MSG was completely blocked because of some dispute crap over money leaving all its customers duped during most of that season.

When Linsanity happened the demand from the customers to bring MSG back to TWC was so high that it made TWC and MSG/Cablevision to come to an agreement.

For this game in particular I remember watching it on a stream. The game or so after I was back watching on TV.

Special time indeed.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#57 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm

King of Canada wrote:I'd love to see the vets sit a little more. Not that they've been winning, but we really need to start trying to lose here.

With the Knicks roster....they need no try at all. Losing is only natural to that bunch.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#58 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:40 pm

SoCalKnickFan
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#59 » by SoCalKnickFan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:47 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
:lol: :lol: :rock: :rock:

Life is a highway and I wanna ride it to 23-59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Knicks theme song... The great David Byrne/ Talking Heads

SoCalKnickFan
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#60 » by Red Vines » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

The last game Jack starts. Or not.

Return to New York Knicks