ImageImageImageImageImage

NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Re: NYPost: Future Knicks Coaching Candidates 

Post#141 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

No good coach is coming here so don't get excited with your lists. Good executives and coaches stay FAR away from MSG. I mean, the Knicks were lucky JVG fell off from Riley's coaching tree, but after that, other than Larry Brown coming for a payday, the Knicks haven't had one good coach. Some have been bad, the rest just not moving the needle.

If, big if, Perry can rehab the organization's reputation (highly unlikely) then maybe they Knicks land a decent coach. Probably not. After they fire Jeff they'll hire another retread.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#142 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm

All things considered, Kidd might be the ideal candidate. He has experience, he was a HOF player, he'd get the most out of Ntilkina and he won't be a yes man to Perry, Mills and Dolan. Kidd should get an interview.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#143 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:All things considered, Kidd might be the ideal candidate. He has experience, he was a HOF player, he'd get the most out of Ntilkina and he won't be a yes man to Perry, Mills and Dolan. Kidd should get an interview.

naah
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#144 » by Synciere » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:All things considered, Kidd might be the ideal candidate. He has experience, he was a HOF player, he'd get the most out of Ntilkina and he won't be a yes man to Perry, Mills and Dolan. Kidd should get an interview.

I mean I know Realgmers hate everybody, and find fault with everybody, but some of the reports from the Bucks' board have been outright scathing. They complain about the offense in particular, but I wonder if that's not at least in part due to personnel. I was a big fan of Kidd's as a player, and in a vacuum would like him, but again, the departure and everything that's been said after gives me pause.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#145 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Stuck with Jeff I need these W's on my resume Hornacek.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#146 » by Synciere » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Reports, watching games/analysis, etc. It’s the truth. LeBron has been running over Lue for a while now. Blatt is an actual coach and would be great for a young team like ours. You disagree, that’s fine. IMO (based off watching games/analysis, reading a lot, reading Cavs fans opinions, etc, Lue really is nothing more than a “yes man,” unlike Blatt who actually coaches.

Blatt sat there, drew up plays and game plans, and when Lebron disagreed, erased his board and started again. At times Lebron didn't even have to say anything. He'd just look away or look at him the way I do when I want my son to stop acting out and don't want to spaz on him. Blatt was the epitome of a yes man, and I could easily see that reputation causing Star and superstar players to disrespect him off rip. I've watched all those games and read all those articles and spoken to all of those fans, especially since during that time I lived in Ohio, and it's clear to me that Lue managed to straddle that fence of better than Blatt. I don't want to hire a coach just for the young ones or just for veterans. I want a coach well versed in the league as it is today with the gravitas to handle all of the trappings, especially in a harsh NY market.

K. I find it interesting you saw this and also that Jackson isn’t that bad (lol), but to each his own. Enjoy your day.

Yeah I don't get the correlation. I just googled some of the reports from that time. Jackson never made some of these mistakes....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brutal-espn-report-says-lebron-192502385.html

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/22/cavaliers-david-blatt-fired-lebron-james-tyronn-lue-disconnect

Jackson went from 23 (shortened season) to 47 to 51 wins during his time in Golden State. Yeah, I think he did some things right. I don't think he was as bad as many try to say. Do I want him as a coach here, probably not, but he wouldn't be the worst hire, and I'd definitely want him over Blatt lol... Yeah, to each their own...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#147 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Synciere wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Blatt sat there, drew up plays and game plans, and when Lebron disagreed, erased his board and started again. At times Lebron didn't even have to say anything. He'd just look away or look at him the way I do when I want my son to stop acting out and don't want to spaz on him. Blatt was the epitome of a yes man, and I could easily see that reputation causing Star and superstar players to disrespect him off rip. I've watched all those games and read all those articles and spoken to all of those fans, especially since during that time I lived in Ohio, and it's clear to me that Lue managed to straddle that fence of better than Blatt. I don't want to hire a coach just for the young ones or just for veterans. I want a coach well versed in the league as it is today with the gravitas to handle all of the trappings, especially in a harsh NY market.

K. I find it interesting you saw this and also that Jackson isn’t that bad (lol), but to each his own. Enjoy your day.

Yeah I don't get the correlation. I just googled some of the reports from that time. Jackson never made some of these mistakes....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brutal-espn-report-says-lebron-192502385.html

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/22/cavaliers-david-blatt-fired-lebron-james-tyronn-lue-disconnect

Jackson went from 23 (shortened season) to 47 to 51 wins during his time in Golden State. Yeah, I think he did some things right. I don't think he was as bad as many try to say. Do I want him as a coach here, probably not, but he wouldn't be the worst hire, and I'd definitely want him over Blatt lol... Yeah, to each their own...

Ok. Saying he'd be better than Blatt is where the conversation ends. Jackson is horrendous, this cannot be understated. Enjoy your day...I'm done here.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#148 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

I wonder if his ego is too big to be an assistant coach? To have one of the best point guard to ever lace them up imo mentoring Frank and Emm.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#149 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

K P 6 wrote:Stuck with Jeff I need these W's on my resume Hornacek.

his lineup choices seem to support your opinion.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,932

Post#150 » by Jeffrey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Sean Miller anyone? He's done with NCAA.

Anyone wants any of these corrupt coaches in NCAA level?
BrOnXKing1
Starter
And1: 604

Post#151 » by BrOnXKing1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Jackson would just be awful. He couldnt take Curry and Klay to the next level. Golden state fans were fed up with him before he got fired
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#152 » by Mecca » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Sean Miller anyone? He's done with NCAA.

Anyone wants any of these corrupt coaches in NCAA level?

Not Miller, but depends on who breaks free.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#153 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Also could effect Alphabets free agency. You do it for the reasons you said but you never know.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#154 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm

BrOnXKing1 wrote:Jackson would just be awful. He couldnt take Curry and Klay to the next level. Golden state fans were fed up with him before he got fired

I'm not a fan of him either. He just had an annoying personality but I did think what you said is unfair. Those guys were babies when he coached them and were near contenders in the West. You're right that someone else had to take them to the next level but what he had accomplished up to that point was stellar and again, they were babies. You definitely give credit to Kerr but sometimes it's just that the players themselves mature and develop and id give more credit for thier development to Jackson. Kerr was the better finished product coach.

But Mark Jackson is an annoying **** tho
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#155 » by seren » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Would love to have JVG back. I doubt Dolan would do it given he resigned. Other than him, I am looking at eiher an international guy or some younger guy who is not a big name.

Return to New York Knicks