ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Re: Official Tim Hardaway JR Thread 

Post#221 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Capn'O wrote:The thing is, he's in a slump, playing out of his role, and attacking instead of letting the game come to him. It's gonna lead to a lot of losses. I'll allow it. If we don't get the right pieces for him to be in the right role it's all moot anyway.

How about he take an uncontested jump shot for once. He's in this slump because he wants to be. This many years in the league he doesnt know whats a good or bad shot.

Read on Twitter
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#222 » by god shammgod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 pm

only 3 years left. the knicks will suck for the next 2 at least. maybe you'll be able to use his large expiring deal in a trade during year 4.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#223 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:He and KP like to force up shots to get in rhythm. That’s not how he will break out of this slump. He needs to get in the paint more frequently and shoot in rhythm off plays

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He honestly doesn't look like he's changed much since his first go around with the team. The only difference is he's putting up more shot attempts now than he did during his rookie campaign (where he was a chucker in the highest regard.)

I just don't understand how someone as streaky as Hardaway continues to rely on his jumper to get him out of his shooting slumps. He's actually a very good slasher with pretty good ability around the rim. At least attempt to draw some contact and get to the free throw line.

It's basic basketball 101- if your shot isn't falling down, go inside and try to get some easy buckets. It's good to see he has ridiculously high confidence in his shooting ability- not even hesitating on attempted game winners when he shoots bad all game- but he needs to mix up his offense a bit and make things easier for himself.

Well in the past (1st stint) when his shot wasn't falling he didn't provide anything else of value. His game has expanded, his passing and court vision have improved (though not significantly but, noticeably) and he's hitting the boards too.

His passing has improved marginally and as far as rebounding goes, he did attempt to be aggressive with defensive rebounds in his first stint here- I even remember a time when he was yelling at Melo for a blown rebound.

I don't think anyone wanted him here at that ridiculous deal. I think the timeline of Melo's deal was the reason this team even entertained the idea of obtaining hardaway- I can't imagine they would've signed him if we already had McDermott and Kanter over here. That would've solidified this team at the 2 and 3 with Lee and McD.

I thought his claim to fame was supposed to be his improved defense. He had his moments earlier in the year with his defensive intensity but it's since waned for I'd say about the last 2 months. He barely gives any effort on that end.

I've read people mention him as a potential 3rd option; I can't see that possible at this stage in his career. I also don't expect him to improve in any facet of his game really. He's shooting 40% from the field, 30% from 3, has become a turnstile on defense and is making an exorbitant amount of money for a guy who should probably be relegated to a 6th man role.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#224 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:The thing is, he's in a slump, playing out of his role, and attacking instead of letting the game come to him. It's gonna lead to a lot of losses. I'll allow it. If we don't get the right pieces for him to be in the right role it's all moot anyway.

How about he take an uncontested jump shot for once. He's in this slump because he wants to be. This many years in the league he doesnt know whats a good or bad shot.

Read on Twitter

Clyde mentioned that. Said he was in a slump but, his bad shot selection wasn't helping things at all. The few weeks when he was playing well he was taking good, often open shot. His feet were set, he was in balance, not he's just jacking them up.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,976

Post#225 » by Capn'O » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:28 pm

NYKAL wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Clyde mentioned that. Said he was in a slump but, his bad shot selection wasn't helping things at all. The few weeks when he was playing well he was taking good, often open shot. His feet were set, he was in balance, not he's just jacking them up.

Agreed. He's forcing the issue right now, trying to right the ship.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#226 » by mpharris36 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
K P 6 wrote:How about he take an uncontested jump shot for once. He's in this slump because he wants to be. This many years in the league he doesnt know whats a good or bad shot.

Read on Twitter

jeff's mantra is shooters gotta keep shooting. God forbid he tried to get THjr different (easier looks). Maybe get him to the foul line more often to get him out of slumps instead THjr is just jacking up 3's

timmy's shot selections is ass a lot of times but he's missing make-able shots too and it doesn't seem like our coaching staff has any answers
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#227 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

jeff's mantra is shooters gotta keep shooting. God forbid he tried to get THjr different (easier looks). Maybe get him to the foul line more often to get him out of slumps instead THjr is just jacking up 3's

timmy's shot selections is ass a lot of times but he's missing make-able shots too and it doesn't seem like our coaching staff has any answers

I cant tell the last time he held his follow through.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#228 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
He honestly doesn't look like he's changed much since his first go around with the team. The only difference is he's putting up more shot attempts now than he did during his rookie campaign (where he was a chucker in the highest regard.)

I just don't understand how someone as streaky as Hardaway continues to rely on his jumper to get him out of his shooting slumps. He's actually a very good slasher with pretty good ability around the rim. At least attempt to draw some contact and get to the free throw line.

It's basic basketball 101- if your shot isn't falling down, go inside and try to get some easy buckets. It's good to see he has ridiculously high confidence in his shooting ability- not even hesitating on attempted game winners when he shoots bad all game- but he needs to mix up his offense a bit and make things easier for himself.

Well in the past (1st stint) when his shot wasn't falling he didn't provide anything else of value. His game has expanded, his passing and court vision have improved (though not significantly but, noticeably) and he's hitting the boards too.

His passing has improved marginally and as far as rebounding goes, he did attempt to be aggressive with defensive rebounds in his first stint here- I even remember a time when he was yelling at Melo for a blown rebound.

I don't think anyone wanted him here at that ridiculous deal. I think the timeline of Melo's deal was the reason this team even entertained the idea of obtaining hardaway- I can't imagine they would've signed him if we already had McDermott and Kanter over here. That would've solidified this team at the 2 and 3 with Lee and McD.

I thought his claim to fame was supposed to be his improved defense. He had his moments earlier in the year with his defensive intensity but it's since waned for I'd say about the last 2 months. He barely gives any effort on that end.

I've read people mention him as a potential 3rd option; I can't see that possible at this stage in his career. I also don't expect him to improve in any facet of his game really. He's shooting 40% from the field, 30% from 3, has become a turnstile on defense and is making an exorbitant amount of money for a guy who should probably be relegated to a 6th man role.

I don't really disagree with anything your saying. He's was only really good for what, maybe a 3week span? He's a role players who's role is to space the floor but, instead he's going back to being O'fer (which I nicknamed him during his 1st stint.) because he will often go 0 for who know how many 3pt shots he took.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#229 » by Handledatruth » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 pm

If THJ had Courtney Lee's shot selection he'd be an all-star.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#230 » by NYKAL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

this feels very familiar. Didn't he regain his jumpshot just in time to ruin the tank last time around?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#231 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm gonna be like a lot of other posters:

He's trash.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#232 » by itsme23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm

He is. Should have traded him for Lowry when given the opportunity.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#233 » by NYKAL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:49 pm

itsme23 wrote:He is. Should have traded him for Lowry when given the opportunity.

didn't they want a draft pick too? That would be too much
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#234 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:32 pm

They hung him out to dry in the 2nd half, if he played with Burke they couldn't get away with doubling so easily. Story of the season really--PGs who can't shoot.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#235 » by duetta » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:59 pm

He's the new Jamal Crawford - a boom or bust scorer (although he plays better defense - but distributes less well).
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#236 » by seren » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Wish he had more games like this before the trade deadline. Maybe we could have sent him somewhere for a shorter contract.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#237 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#238 » by god shammgod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol

jesus :lol: . even the opponents know timmy aint sh*t.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#239 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm

seren wrote:Wish he had more games like this before the trade deadline. Maybe we could have sent him somewhere for a shorter contract.

You know damn well Mills wasn't going to do that.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#240 » by Knox » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol

jesus :lol: . even the opponents know timmy aint sh*t.

He got Punked Man ! :banghead:
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens

Return to New York Knicks