Blake Bortles Agrees Upon Three-Year, $54M Extension With Jaguars

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Blake Bortles Agrees Upon Three-Year, $54M Extension With Jaguars 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:16 pm

The Jacksonville Jaguars have re-signed Blake Bortles to a three-year, $54 million deal that could increase to $66.5 million with incentives.

Bortles was due to make $19.053 million in 2018 after the team picked up his fifth-year option last May.

"I told Ryan [Tollner], my agent, let's just get it done so I can just go play football. I really would love to just know and have confirmation that this is where I'm going to be, and now let's go work and continue to build on what we did last year and go play," Bortles said. "So, happy and relieved. Obviously extremely excited. It's a dream come true to be able to sign a second contract by the team that drafted me. That was one of my goals from the start so excited to get it all done and get rolling now."

Bortles completed 60.2 percent of his passes (the first time he surpassed the 60 percent mark) for 3,687 yards and 21 touchdowns with 13 interceptions.

The Jaguars went 10-6 and reached the AFC Championship Game.

Via Michael DiRocco/ESPN

Stanimal
Freshman
And1: 30

Re: Blake Bortles Agrees Upon Three-Year, $54M Extension With Jaguars 

Post#2 » by Stanimal » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:50 pm

$54M for Bortles is way too much. Not only that, I have a serious doubt that he will do much good for that team. Jags just shot themselves to the leg.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion