ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#2181 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 1, 2018 12:17 am

levendis wrote:Ron Baker makes more than Lucas Duda, what a world

Lucas Duda had a broken back and is on his way out of MLB.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#2182 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 1, 2018 12:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Lucas Duda has a broken back, we still signed him.

But he signed with the Royals for 3.5 million, which is where that statement came from.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#2183 » by reub » Thu Mar 1, 2018 1:39 am

Don't get so down on the Mets over a couple of nagging injuries. We've got a top notch training staff now and a nutritionist too. Besides Mickey Callahan's love trumps all things bad this year. We won't fail.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2184 » by levendis » Thu Mar 1, 2018 1:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

not only did he just sign with the Royals, but he's a solid player. Projected to put up similar production to Hosmer who just signed that mega deal. Baseball is just really devaluing 1B/DH types
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2185 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 1, 2018 6:17 pm

levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

not only did he just sign with the Royals, but he's a solid player. Projected to put up similar production to Hosmer who just signed that mega deal. Baseball is just really devaluing 1B/DH types

We'll see. Lucas was horrible the second half of last season with the Rays. He hit .175.
Free Palestine
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2186 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 1, 2018 10:06 pm

Yo Wingo, get your man Reub out of our Yankee thread trolling and baiting us before we start giving y'all that same energy!!
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2187 » by reub » Thu Mar 1, 2018 10:20 pm

Mecca wrote:Yo Wingo, get your man Reub out of our Yankee thread trolling and baiting us before we start giving y'all that same energy!!

I'm not baiting you, Mecca. I'm giving my honest opinion of the Yankees there. I want them to do well but I can see their potential flaws. That's all I'm saying.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#2188 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 12:12 am

reub wrote:
Mecca wrote:Yo Wingo, get your man Reub out of our Yankee thread trolling and baiting us before we start giving y'all that same energy!!

I'm not baiting you, Mecca. I'm giving my honest opinion of the Yankees there. I want them to do well but I can see their potential flaws. That's all I'm saying.

Honestly, nothing would satisfy me more than watching the Yanks with all this lauded talent fall flat. The problem is that with all of that offense, the pitchers are going to have pretty low pressure. For us, we basically need 3 Cy Youngs out there going 7 IP of 1 run baseball. Yankees literally barely need quality starts. It's basically "keep it under 5."

For us (mets) we need some luck. Yankees are deep so even if Judge and Sanchez miss substantial time, they still have formidable batters in that line up. H2h, when HEALTHY we match up favorably against the Yanks. The problem is that doesn't happen for us.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#2189 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 2, 2018 12:41 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:Honestly, nothing would satisfy me more than watching the Yanks with all this lauded talent fall flat. The problem is that with all of that offense, the pitchers are going to have pretty low pressure. For us, we basically need 3 Cy Youngs out there going 7 IP of 1 run baseball. Yankees literally barely need quality starts. It's basically "keep it under 5."

For us (mets) we need some luck. Yankees are deep so even if Judge and Sanchez miss substantial time, they still have formidable batters in that line up. H2h, when HEALTHY we match up favorably against the Yanks. The problem is that doesn't happen for us.

Judge regresses, Tanaka/CC fall off completely, Severino was a one year wonder. Sprinkle injuries here and there... Oh who am I kidding, they have three guys who will mash 40 homeruns. Bird is a complete wildcard, but has so much damn protection around him. They have the prospects to plug any holes, aka their pitching when the time comes. I can't stand the Yankees, but damn do I envy the position they got themselves in.

I wish Wright would've had protection most of his career, it was a shame to watch teams pitch carefully to him after Los Mets were gone.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#2190 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 12:45 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:Honestly, nothing would satisfy me more than watching the Yanks with all this lauded talent fall flat. The problem is that with all of that offense, the pitchers are going to have pretty low pressure. For us, we basically need 3 Cy Youngs out there going 7 IP of 1 run baseball. Yankees literally barely need quality starts. It's basically "keep it under 5."

Judge regresses, Tanaka/CC fall off completely, Severino was a one year wonder. Sprinkle injuries here and there... Oh who am I kidding, they have three guys who will mash 40 homeruns. Bird is a complete wildcard, but has so much damn protection around him. They have the prospects to plug any holes, aka their pitching when the time comes. I can't stand the Yankees, but damn do I envy the position they got themselves in.

I wish Wright would've had protection most of his career, it was a shame to watch teams pitch carefully to him after Los Mets were gone.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2191 » by reub » Fri Mar 2, 2018 1:11 am

They have big question marks at 3B and 2B. Hicks had a career year, isn't a kid and is injury prone. Bird had a nice postseason but that's only a handful of games and he's been injured a lot. Gardner is on the downside. Stanton will see all new pitchers and could struggle with that. Judge can easily have a sophomore slump with his propensity for strikeouts. Sanchez has hands of stone. CC is lucky to give you 4 innings and Tanaka has had arm troubles and likes 5 days of rest. Severino was worked to death last year and the Yankees better hope that his arm doesn't fall off. Gray was far from clutch for them. Chapman missed a month with shoulder problems and struggled quite a bit with control. Plus they have a guy managing them who has never managed or even coached in the majors. I think that they'll miss Girardi. All I'm saying is that they have warts just like our Mets do but I like the Mets pitching better than theirs.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2192 » by reub » Fri Mar 2, 2018 7:50 pm

Montero had a good outing today. We have NINE starting pitchers, folks.

Noah
DeGrom
Harvey
Matz
Wheeler
Vargas
Lugo
Wheeler
Gsellman
Montero

We can trade 4 of them to the Yankees when they get desperate.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2193 » by reub » Fri Mar 2, 2018 11:25 pm

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2194 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 3, 2018 3:25 am

reub wrote:Harvey showing "extra life" in his fastball:
https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-matt-harvey-debuts-strong-at-camp/c-267469636

Dude, ixnay on the ankeesynay atehnay.

Let's see how the season develops. If things are looking good in June, then maybe we pounce.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2195 » by reub » Sat Mar 3, 2018 11:14 pm

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2196 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 4, 2018 5:01 am

The Callaway staff is challenging the catchers to take control of the pre-game planning for the pitchers as they want to undertake more responsibility for taking charge during games. They also have been experimenting with play-calling wristbands like the ones QBs in the NFL use.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/sports/baseball/mets-catchers-wristbands.html?referer=https:
Free Palestine
PV2nice
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#2197 » by PV2nice » Sun Mar 4, 2018 5:48 am

reub wrote:I heard the three bozos on WFAN that replaced Mike Francesca saying yesterday that Swarzak had injured his pitching hand, which was totally untrue. These three are constantly bashing our Mets and I want it stopped! Who should I call?
https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/2/27/17059682/anthony-swarzak-injury-calf-spring-training-mets

No one from the Mets are allowed to go on air with Wfan (and ESPN) and I’m sure that has a lot to do with the bashing.
[img][img]https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_1920w/Boston/2011-2020/2017/04/04/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/09052008_mp05pat222-6869591.jpg[/img][/img]
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2198 » by reub » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:19 pm

PV2nice wrote:
reub wrote:I heard the three bozos on WFAN that replaced Mike Francesca saying yesterday that Swarzak had injured his pitching hand, which was totally untrue. These three are constantly bashing our Mets and I want it stopped! Who should I call?
https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/2/27/17059682/anthony-swarzak-injury-calf-spring-training-mets

No one from the Mets are allowed to go on air with Wfan (and ESPN) and I’m sure that has a lot to do with the bashing.

The three bozos are obsessed with bashing the Mets. But when they resort to outright lying who would want to listen to that?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2199 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 4, 2018 9:45 pm

Matz got blown out again.

.2 Inning, 5 hits, 5 ER, 2 BBs, 0 Ks. His ERA is now at 54.00 pitching against A and AA hitters.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2200 » by reub » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Matz got blown out again.

.2 Inning, 5 hits, 5 ER, 2 BBs, 0 Ks. His ERA is now at 54.00 pitching against A and AA hitters.

If Matz falters we've got 8 other starters to put in there. I don't consider him an essential piece. DeGrom is feeling better. Noah is throwing heat. Harvey has more life in his fastball. Vargas is steady. Gsellman has looked good. You know I like Montero. Lugo looks good also.

Return to New York Knicks