ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#2201 » by reub » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Matz got blown out again.

.2 Inning, 5 hits, 5 ER, 2 BBs, 0 Ks. His ERA is now at 54.00 pitching against A and AA hitters.

If Matz falters we've got 8 other starters to put in there. I don't consider him an essential piece. DeGrom is feeling better. Noah is throwing heat. Harvey has more life on his fastball. Vargas is steady. Gsellman has looked good. You know I like Montero. Lugo looks good also.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2202 » by reub » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:56 pm

That other team who will go nameless has plenty of youth (and maybes) but we have Cespedes, Bruce, Conforto, Gonzalez, Frazier, Cabrera, Rosario plus a deep bench and that's nothing to sneeze at.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#2203 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:41 pm

lol gonzalez isn't making the team, he's hot garbage now and needs 2 hours of prep for his back whenever he plays.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2204 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 12:04 am

Matt Harvey with 3 scoreless innings today. If he continues his resurrection along with Noah and DeGrom (and 5 other starters) there will be no stopping this juggernaut.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#2205 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:52 am

Sweet, so the game plan is to have an 8 man rotation? Mets missed the boat on a Matz trade, ESPECIALLY if he cost us McCutchen. Matz to me is never going to give us a full season and just can't battle through injuries. I'll always remember his first game with us, he was hitting for RBI's, pitched great and his grandpa was going crazy.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#2206 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:58 am

reub wrote:That other team who will go nameless has plenty of youth (and maybes) but we have Cespedes, Bruce, Conforto, Gonzalez, Frazier, Cabrera, Rosario plus a deep bench and that's nothing to sneeze at.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gee, wish I had the remains of Gonzo Asdrubal and .220 Frazier over Andujar, Bird, and Gleybar Torres. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2207 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:05 am

Mecca wrote:
reub wrote:That other team who will go nameless has plenty of youth (and maybes) but we have Cespedes, Bruce, Conforto, Gonzalez, Frazier, Cabrera, Rosario plus a deep bench and that's nothing to sneeze at.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gee, wish I had the remains of Gonzo Asdrubal and .220 Frazier over Andujar, Bird, and Gleybar Torres. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair Bird has to prove he's not the next Nick Johnson.
Andujar can hit, Yankees just don't have a need for a DH for awhile. His glove will be exploited if it's as bad as they say.
Torres is impressive no doubt, but don't forget that last year Rosario was the number one prospect in all of baseball.

More so than any other sport, prospects don't mean squat until they actually produce.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2208 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:08 am

Mecca wrote:

Thank you for your opinion. Can you teach Stanton how to catch a fly ball now? Bird hit .190 last year...that's 30 points lower than Frazier did.How did Tanaka pitch the other day? Maybe we'll trade you Montero if you behave yourself.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2209 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:10 am

reub wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Thank you for your opinion. Can you teach Stanton how to catch a fly ball now? Bird hit .190 last year...that's 30 points lower than Frazier did.How did Tanaka pitch the other day? Maybe we'll trade you Montero if you behave yourself.

Oh, and when are you getting a major league manager?
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2210 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:30 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Mecca wrote:

To be fair Bird has to prove he's not the next Nick Johnson.
Andujar can hit, Yankees just don't have a need for a DH for awhile. His glove will be exploited if it's as bad as they say.
Torres is impressive no doubt, but don't forget that last year Rosario was the number one prospect in all of baseball.

More so than any other sport, prospects don't mean squat until they actually produce.

Reub came into the Yankees thread talking sh*t to us so I'm just keeping the same energy.

Bird was arguably our best hitter in the off-season. He was just injured last year.
Andujar has slugged throughout the minors and Spring Training. He also has a cannon. Not really worried about his glove. Worst case scenario, we move Gardner in the off-season and DH Andujar.

Torres was ranked higher than Rosario across the majority of rankings. I'd call them a push.

I didn't even bring up our proven guys like Sanchez, Judge, Severino, etc.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2211 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:30 am

reub wrote:
reub wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Oh, and when are you getting a major league manager?

LMAO at caring about managers in analytics world 2018. Front offices manage the game and we have an elite FO. Can't say the same about you guys :lol:
Brooklyn Nets
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2212 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:43 am

Mecca wrote:Reub came into the Yankees thread talking sh*t to us so I'm just keeping the same energy.

Bird was arguably our best hitter in the off-season. He was just injured last year.
Andujar has slugged throughout the minors and Spring Training. He also has a cannon. Not really worried about his glove. Worst case scenario, we move Gardner in the off-season and DH Andujar.

Torres was ranked higher than Rosario across the majority of rankings. I'd call them a push.

Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

More so than any sport in New York, the Yankee hype machine runs rampant. Most Yankee fans know this, but not every prospect is going to make the damn team. Your going to have to move some of them because they all can't make the roster. That's why I think the Yankees are going to be just fine. It's just funny that in the great farm system that the Yanks have right now, there all going to be future all-stars.

As you can see Reub is a different special, leave him alone. :lol:
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2213 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:57 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Mecca wrote:Reub came into the Yankees thread talking sh*t to us so I'm just keeping the same energy.

Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

More so than any sport in New York, the Yankee hype machine runs rampant. Most Yankee fans know this, but not every prospect is going to make the damn team. Your going to have to move some of them because they all can't make the roster. That's why I think the Yankees are going to be just fine. It's just funny that in the great farm system that the Yanks have right now, there all going to be future all-stars.

It's all in good fun. Mecca is a good guy.
Go in peace!
But go!
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2214 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 6, 2018 3:03 am

Manhattan Project wrote:

Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

You guys know I like to see the Mets win. But Reub wanted to play war so i'm returning the favor. :lol:

What I see the Yankees doing is flipping Frazier/Adams for an Ace when the time comes. Andujar is going to hit in this league. I can almost guarantee that, and Torres is so polished, his floor is so high. They already have Sanchez/Sevy/Judge as perennial all-stars. Didi will always be a borderline guy. Torres definitely has all-star potential. I didn't even bring up Florial who's potential is through the roof.
Brooklyn Nets
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#2215 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:00 am

Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

You guys know I like to see the Mets win. But Reub wanted to play war so i'm returning the favor. :lol:

What I see the Yankees doing is flipping Frazier/Adams for an Ace when the time comes. Andujar is going to hit in this league. I can almost guarantee that, and Torres is so polished, his floor is so high. They already have Sanchez/Sevy/Judge as perennial all-stars. Didi will always be a borderline guy. Torres definitely has all-star potential. I didn't even bring up Florial who's potential is through the roof.

Let Reub have his fun now. The regular season starts in less than a month.

We love Reub.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2216 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:01 am

Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

You haven't mentioned the suspect starting pitching yet. Is Severino the man? Will Tanaka's arm fall off? Can CC pitch more than 4 innings? How good (or bad) is Montgomery? Will it be sunny or grey when Gray pitches? Who is your fifth starter again? Will Chapman hurt his shoulder again and will his velocity drop off? Or Judge's potential second year collapse (that was a ton of strikeouts!). Or the poor defense at 3B and catcher. Or the dependence on a lot of guys who haven't even performed for one whole season yet (Bird hit .190 last year). The Yanks have a lot of players with potential but potential is not performance. I wish you well, though. Just keeping it real.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2217 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

Let Reub have his fun now. The regular season starts in less than a month.

We love Reub.

It's all meant in fun. Nothing malicious. Let's hope that we can continue this discussion in the World Series later this year.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#2218 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:03 am

reub wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
Jesus Montero?
Phil Hughes?
Joba Chamberlain?
Eric Duncan?

You haven't mentioned the suspect starting pitching yet. Is Severino the man? Will Tanaka's arm fall off? Can CC pitch more than 4 innings? How good (or bad) is Montgomery? Who is your fifth starter again? Will Chapman hurt his shoulder again and will his velocity drop off? Or Judge's potential second year collapse (that was a ton of strikeouts!). Or the poor defense at 3B and catcher. Or the dependence on a lot of guys who haven't even performed for one whole season yet (Bird hit .190 last year). The Yanks have a lot of players with potential but potential is not performance. I wish you well, though. Just keeping it real.

Spoiler:
They'll probably go out and sign Alex Cobb and someone else.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2219 » by reub » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:08 am

I just noticed that the Yankees thread is a sticky but the Mets thread isn't.
We demand equal time!
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2220 » by reub » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:28 am

Rosario is okay. Things are breaking right for us already.
https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/3/6/17087958/amed-rosario-mri-totally-clean-mets-injury-update-shortstop-spring-training

And Lugo (our 8th starter?) pitched well again.

Return to New York Knicks