ImageImageImageImageImage

The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#181 » by Dantares » Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:35 am

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/emmanuel-mudiay-is-still-knicks-starting-point-guard-with-a-catch/

-looks like Mudiay is going to start next game

-Whoever starts to finish this season has no bearing on who starts next year

-Jeff thinks starting Ntilikina is not the most important thing, right now its about getting him more minutes

-Jeff was seen helping Mudiay with his shot again because that hitch has returned

-Mudiay was hinting that Jeff told him he's got to play better to keep his starting job.

-Jeff is mulling a starting lineup change because portland is small(I have no clue what this could mean)
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#182 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 12:31 pm

Burke should be starting over Doodiay
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,563

Post#183 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:13 pm

Dantares wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/emmanuel-mudiay-is-still-knicks-starting-point-guard-with-a-catch/

-looks like Mudiay is going to start next game

-Whoever starts to finish this season has no bearing on who starts next year

-Jeff thinks starting Ntilikina is not the most important thing, right now its about getting him more minutes

-Jeff was seen helping Mudiay with his shot again because that hitch has returned

-Mudiay was hinting that Jeff told him he's got to play better to keep his starting job.

-Jeff is mulling a starting lineup change because portland is small(I have no clue what this could mean)

so why did he play no 4th qtr minutes when he was having a good game, Jeff?

Also Mudiay continuing to start seems to help out the tank so I'm fine with it...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,254

Post#184 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:48 pm

Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#185 » by Fat Kat » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:58 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter

Good lord. I’m trying to hold off judging him, but it’s hard.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#186 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter

i guess we should say...keep up the good work :lol:

ROSTER

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#187 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:08 pm

That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#188 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:11 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?

ROSTER

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#189 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?

I was bashing Hornecek there for picking on Ntilikina.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#190 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:23 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I was bashing Hornecek there for picking on Ntilikina.

I do agree with your premise though. My favorite is when he talks about how bad the defense is and never punishes players for bad defense....like what do you expect dummy?

But that is exactly the type of idiot you need running the franchise when losing games is the #1 priority.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Post#191 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:30 pm

Barkley says we’re on the right track. He likes KP and Frank but LOVES Enes. :nod: :D

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/barkley-believes-knicks-are-on-right-path-next-draft-pick-will-be-key/267976294
Free Palestine
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#192 » by TruthBeTold » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:42 pm

:nod:
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#193 » by malik959 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:14 am

Man you guys kill me, you want to tank but on the other hand you want the best player on the floor :dontknow: . I really like Burke and can see him beating out Mudiay for starting guard Next year. Maybe even Frank with THJ and Mikal Bridges :lift: , man that would be awsome. Having Frank, Bridges, and KP as our defenders would make us one of the top defenses in the league. Frank can climb over that rookie wall and really show his defensive skills with some added muscle.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#194 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Barkley says we’re on the right track. He likes KP and Frank but LOVES Enes. :nod: :D

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/barkley-believes-knicks-are-on-right-path-next-draft-pick-will-be-key/267976294

There goes my respect for Barkley's opinion
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#195 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:25 am

malik959 wrote:Man you guys kill me, you want to tank but on the other hand you want the best player on the floor :dontknow: . I really like Burke and can see him beating out Mudiay for starting guard Next year. Maybe even Frank with THJ and Mikal Bridges :lift: , man that would be awsome. Having Frank, Bridges, and KP as our defenders would make us one of the top defenses in the league. Frank can climb over that rookie wall and really show his defensive skills with some added muscle.

I'd really like to see Frank with Mikal Bridges.

I could do without the THJr part though.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,382

Post#196 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:43 am

it's common sense.
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#197 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:07 am

LOL I really was a Burke-stan in Michigan. I wanted him so bad that draft. Good thing we didn't make my proposed trade. Found my old post in 2013 smh lol.

Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#198 » by WargamesX » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:25 am

Mecca wrote:LOL I really was a Burke-stan in Michigan. I wanted him so bad that draft. Good thing we didn't make my proposed trade. Found my old post in 2013 smh lol.

Its crazy to look back and realize the trash the knicks put around Melo in his prime :banghead:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#199 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:29 am

Mudiay is just not good at basketball. I'm sure he wrecked his AAU and high school with his natural size, strength and leaping ability. But he is like an average D1 level basketball player at best in terms of his actual skill at basketball (shooting, passing, dribbling and overall awareness). Then he went to China and learned nothing, and got to the NBA where the coaches are busy game planning and less interested in individual instruction. The cherry on top is he has never gotten his conditioning to an elite level. He's awful.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#200 » by Dantares » Thu Mar 8, 2018 5:49 am

Mudiay and Frank need to work hard on improving their weaknesses this summer. I'm confident Frank will be alright, I think his floor is 3 and D player like Courtney Lee and Danny Green and his ceiling is unknown at this point. Mudiay however could be out of the league if he doesn't show some improvement next year.

I want to see Burke run with the starters, i know he had some run with the starters last game when frank got in foul trouble and he didn't look that great but 1 game is a small sample size. why not go with Burke, Timmy and Frank right now. I mean its probably what Horny is gong to do the last 2 weeks of the season anyways so why not just start playing those guys together in the starting lineup now and see what happens.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Return to New York Knicks