Which rival team has the best chance of acquiring LeBron James in 2018?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which rival team has the best chance of acquiring LeBron James in 2018? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:29 pm

1. 76ers
2. Lakers
3. Rockets
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Re: Which rival team has the best chance of acquiring LeBron James in 2018? 

Post#2 » by WizardsWorld » Fri Mar 9, 2018 1:26 am

Rockets and it's not close at all.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#3 » by thenbaman » Fri Mar 9, 2018 2:11 am

The rockets are the only team he can't go to,sixers or lakers are
the only teams that have the salary cap to pay him.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#4 » by bigmean » Fri Mar 9, 2018 3:26 am

Houston would have to gut there team and not resign capela, I dont see that happeing. Sixers move enough to sign Lebron and trade for another star say CJ mcCollum
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#5 » by DthTrap » Fri Mar 9, 2018 5:43 am

James Harden is with Addidas there would be a conflict like Kyrie over endorsements. I rather he stay in Believe Land or go to Toronto.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#6 » by colaroaster » Fri Mar 9, 2018 6:04 am

houston should stretch ryan anderson
pass_it_around
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#7 » by pass_it_around » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:42 am

As a Laker fan, I am sad to say the 76ers is the team most ready to win now. The 76ers probably need to find a replacement for reddick though if he does come back on a smaller deal. The 76ers would still need outside shooters if LBJ decides to go there.

If LBJ decides to go to the Lakers, KCP and Brook Lopez are probably gone, unless they are willing to come back on smaller deals. The Lakers would still need shooters.
Joe-P
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Joe-P » Fri Mar 9, 2018 1:50 pm

LeBron James is one of the greatest of all time. And signing him comes at a price both price and player role wise. Any of the teams here would love the King. But thinking about it the Rockets have no chance salary wise. Would they give up Capela? Probably not. Capela is going to get the rockets bank this off season. The Lakers are fun to look at. IT will probably leave, especially with some of the plays he's done i'll be surprised if the management doesn't want him back. KCP and Lopez will take some money to get, And LeBron is gonna get all of that if they pitch to him. Maybe KCP could be brought back on a small deal but the doubt is there when LeBron wants to win now wherever he goes. You could say the 76ers have the smartest chance but do they? They have a little over 30 mil in the cap for him, but what about Simmons when his contract is up? He will get paid heavy, Redick is gone no doubt unless they convince a really small deal (probably not). They probably have enough for LeBron/Simmons/Embiid to work but should they? In my opinion no, but I understand why. The defensive potential of Simmons/LeBron and the way he could shape the young PG/SF hybrid would be amazing. But odds are LeBron will go back to Cleveland or another team that Can pay over 28 and goes deep in the playoffs. *cough cough* warriors. My favorite pick here is Philly.
DthTrap
Freshman

Post#9 » by DthTrap » Fri Mar 9, 2018 4:04 pm

Brooklyn has a young deep team with shooters and a legit stud at the 5. Jarrett Allen will become a center like Steven Adams but maybe not as gritty. Add King James and its a finals appearance. Why nobody talks about them i mean think about it.

Dinwiddie
Russell
LBJ
RHJ
Allen

With Carrol and Levert off the bench thats a finals appearance or maybe a win. I wanna see King James elevate a team not be a cupcake like Durant.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#10 » by luss54321 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 4:08 pm

Lakers - Pretty much zero chance. They don't have a single player LeBron is interested in playing with. They're a very young team that would be a few years away from contending even with LeBron. LeBron isn't interested in rebuilding at this point in his career.

Sixers - Same problem as the Lakes. Very young, still in the early stages of rebuilding. Simmons/Embiid are light years ahead of Ball/Ingram, but they are still unproven players. Embiid has been in the league 4 years and he's been injured for 3 of them. Simmons can't shoot the ball and he basically has the same game as LeBron. It's hard to imagine them on the floor together.

Rockets - They would be the best team in the league with LeBron. Hands down. I'm not sure if LeBron wants to play in the West and that's really the only reason I can imagine him passing on Houston. I'm also not sure if LeBron wants to play with Harden and likely take a back seat to his ball hogging ways. If Houston wins the title this year LeBron won't go. It would be a weak move on par with KD to GS.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#11 » by luss54321 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 4:12 pm

DthTrap wrote:Brooklyn has a young deep team with shooters and a legit stud at the 5. Jarrett Allen will become a center like Steven Adams but maybe not as gritty. Add King James and its a finals appearance. Why nobody talks about them i mean think about it.

Dinwiddie
Russell
LBJ
RHJ
Allen

With Carrol and Levert off the bench thats a finals appearance or maybe a win. I wanna see King James elevate a team not be a cupcake like Durant.

Bro I almost spit out my coffee I laughed so hard when I saw Brooklyn mentioned.
DthTrap
Freshman

Post#12 » by DthTrap » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:19 pm

luss54321 wrote:
DthTrap wrote:Brooklyn has a young deep team with shooters and a legit stud at the 5. Jarrett Allen will become a center like Steven Adams but maybe not as gritty. Add King James and its a finals appearance. Why nobody talks about them i mean think about it.

Dinwiddie
Russell
LBJ
RHJ
Allen

Bro I almost spit out my coffee I laughed so hard when I saw Brooklyn mentioned.

Why not they have shooters on the team. Joe Harris ,Nik Stauskas, Dinwiddie, Carrol,Levert n Russell can all shoot. Besides u missed the whole point i was making bout LBJ elevating a team n not being a cupcake.
Tussin33
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#13 » by Tussin33 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 am

DthTrap wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Dinwiddie
Russell
LBJ
RHJ
Allen

Why not they have shooters on the team. Joe Harris ,Nik Stauskas, Dinwiddie, Carrol,Levert n Russell can all shoot. Besides u missed the whole point i was making bout LBJ elevating a team n not being a cupcake.

That **** aint never happening bro. That's like the worst roster in the league. He getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round on the nets lol
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#14 » by LaRance » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Lebron has the Eastern Conference on lock. I just cant see him jumping ship to the west, although joining Rockets would probably give him the best opportunity to continue competing for a championship right away
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#15 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Nobody knows what LeBron will do but him and his family and hell he may not even know yet. As fans of said teams we all want him to give the teams a look. But when it comes down to the business side of it for him and those teams and what they must do to get him, well that's when the game gets real.

Anybody saying Houston fans or not....that's just coming off utterly dumb and naive to the business aspect of it. It's no way in hell Houston can get him and keep the same pieces they have now, no way no how it ain't happen'in. The Rockets would have to gut their roster of key players they have no. So yeah they can get him sure, but not with the same cast of guys they have playing now.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#16 » by Moooose » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 am

DthTrap wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Dinwiddie
Russell
LBJ
RHJ
Allen

Too bad, LeBron prefers to be that cherry on top of a cupcake.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#17 » by theman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Lakers are close to having enough cap to sign two max players. Julius Randle is looking good.

Clippers and Phili will have enough to sign him.

Houston would need to do a sign and trade.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#18 » by SeanDaRyan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

this poll is tampering
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#19 » by SeanDaRyan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 pm

imagine if he wanted to go to the Raps?! thats a Championship team right there!
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#20 » by donemilio21 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

theman wrote:Lakers are close to having enough cap to sign two max players. Julius Randle is looking good.

Clippers and Phili will have enough to sign him.

Houston would need to do a sign and trade.

Clippers don't have space to sign a low level FA, unless at least two of Milos, Wes Johnson, DJ and Austin Rivers opt out. All 4 are somewhat likely to opt in. Even if all 4 opt out, Clippers would still need to shed salary in order to create $30+ million cap space.

Return to Polls Discussion