Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Spring Training Thread: ST Games Start Today - 2/23 

Post#181 » by humanrefutation » Fri Mar 9, 2018 4:35 pm

jute2003 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Alright, guys. I get that we joke around, but please knock it off with the personal attacks. You can disagree without getting needlessly personal or questioning fandom. Thanks.

Are we still allowed to question other aspects of twirly's life?

This wasn't just about twirly or directed at any specific poster. Just be mindful that there is a point where teasing can go from being lighthearted to crossing a line. And let's not fall into this trap of attacking posters personally because you disagree with their opinions about baseball. This board has thrived because we know how to toe that line.

If anyone has any questions about my moderating, feel free to PM me. Thanks. Let's move on. 8-)
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: 2018 Spring Training Thread: ST Games Start Today - 2/23 

Post#182 » by humanrefutation » Fri Mar 9, 2018 4:38 pm

I wonder if we're planning to lead off Yelich permanently. I assumed Cain would get the nod, but I could see the argument for Yelich.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,201

Post#183 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:08 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I wonder if we're planning to lead off Yelich permanently. I assumed Cain would get the nod, but I could see the argument for Yelich.

I think Counsell is leaning Yelich because he has a higher OBP and he can steal just as many bases if he's allowed to run.
Misery loves company
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#184 » by humanrefutation » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:30 pm

Davis just hits one out off Gallardo.

We've got some nice OF depth, but Davis has become a really solid power hitter in this league.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#185 » by humanrefutation » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:41 am

Has anyone traveled down to Maryvale for Spring Training? I'm thinking of doing that sometime in the next couple years.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#186 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:47 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Has anyone traveled down to Maryvale for Spring Training? I'm thinking of doing that sometime in the next couple years.

Ive gone twice in the last 5 years. Both times I went I did not rent a car and used public transportation everywhere. They have plenty of light rail and buses, however, we failed to notice that one game was in Goodyear and we were in Tempe. I believe it would have been a 30 minute car ride but took us 2 hours via train as far as it could go, bus as far as they went and a taxi so don't make the same mistake I did (I'm sure you wont, I was only 22) we also stayed in Tempe at a motel 6 I believe, rooms were cheap, under $100 and it was within walking distance of everything. The ASU campus was within a mile or so, plenty of things to look at lol.

Maryvale is a fine park, my buddy is an MLB umpire so he was able to get us some sweet seats but seats are usually at or under $20. If you go try to go for a week if you can, then you can see a few different parks and explore the nightlife and not feel rushed. Hike Camelback mountian, go to Mill St in Tempe if you want to party. We ate at Top Of The Rock restaurant in Tempe, really cool view of the area and great food.

Also, we scooped up some really cheap Suns tickets, I'd recommend that if you can maybe you can even get lucky and the Bucks play them that late in the year. It was funny, the game we went to we were the only people to give Michael Redd (was on the Suns at that point) a standing O and everyone around us asked where we were from and we ran into a few more Wisconsin people.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#187 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:39 pm

lololololololololol

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36484&view=unread&sid=a9980730cae6a7b5b893f1f023ac9432#unread

There are two mods here with connections to the Brewers. Legit connections. Both of their sources have told us that HH has no insider info.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#188 » by humanrefutation » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:24 pm

trwi7 wrote:lololololololololol

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36484&view=unread&sid=a9980730cae6a7b5b893f1f023ac9432#unread

There are two mods here with connections to the Brewers. Legit connections. Both of their sources have told us that HH has no insider info.

:rofl:

I rarely check into bf, but I took a look at HH19's Twitter timeline and it set off my BS detector pretty much immediately.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#189 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:31 pm

I went back and checked his posts at bf.net. He gets credit for calling the Lucroy trade but he said that Cleveland was out and that he thought Boston would land him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

trwi7
RealGM

Post#190 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:45 pm

More of High Heat's greatest hits.

I could see a blockbuster trade with the Dodgers. It's not out of the realm to see Braun, Guerra, Gennett and Thornburg heading West for Puig, McCarthy, Bellinger, DeLeon, Verdugo, Yadier Alvarez, Sheffield, Will Smith/Austin Barnes.

This may seem to be more of a fantasy baseball offer, but the stars do line up for it. Maybe not everyone listed but a good portion. Would really set the Crew up for 2019 and beyond.

Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#191 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:05 pm

:lol:
trwi7 wrote:More of High Heat's greatest hits.

I could see a blockbuster trade with the Dodgers. It's not out of the realm to see Braun, Guerra, Gennett and Thornburg heading West for Puig, McCarthy, Bellinger, DeLeon, Verdugo, Yadier Alvarez, Sheffield, Will Smith/Austin Barnes.

This may seem to be more of a fantasy baseball offer, but the stars do line up for it. Maybe not everyone listed but a good portion. Would really set the Crew up for 2019 and beyond.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#192 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Wait, so the mods knew and never did anything about it?

Why the hell do you guys post there?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#193 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:53 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Wait, so the mods knew and never did anything about it?

Their reasoning was they needed a consensus from the mods and not all of them were around. I mean, I get it but it's also kind of BS. If other mods know the two mods that have sources and they know their sources (not know them but know they have them) then just confront him via PM and see if he cops to making **** up and go on from there. This seems to have taken forever when it could've been stopped at least a month ago. You don't need a mod consensus for this.

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#194 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 am

trwi7 wrote:

Their reasoning was they needed a consensus from the mods and not all of them were around. I mean, I get it but it's also kind of BS. If other mods know the two mods that have sources and they know their sources (not know them but know they have them) then just confront him via PM and see if he cops to making **** up and go on from there. This seems to have taken forever when it could've been stopped at least a month ago. You don't need a mod consensus for this.

Did they know the whole time? Or did they just get this info recently?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#195 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:00 am

I am always very skeptical about this stuff and HH seemed like a true mental midget, but I was fooled if so for one of the first times by this sort of thing.

I also had gone back a few weeks ago and he was right enough about 2 or 3 things that I was willing to believe it. He got lucky as hell with the Yelich/“series of moves”/Cain stuff. And he had the Luc/Cleveland deal before that.

Good on him for making something of it.

For whatever it’s worth, though, I also stopped believing him again when it was clear he was digging for attention and you start to wonder if he truly had a source on the inside and several thousand twitter followers that his source wouldn’t stop talking to him.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#196 » by trwi7 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Did they know the whole time? Or did they just get this info recently?

They said they found out around the time that he said he was done posting on bf.net and deleted his twitter account. I don't remember exactly when that was, maybe 3-4 weeks?

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#197 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Walker to the Yanks if there was ever a chance for the Brewers to try to keep him around.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#198 » by DingleJerry » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had someone there telling him something, who knows how privy that person was to anything, maybe one or two nuggets the person had lined up and made HH look good. But then it divulged to him seeking attention and trying to prove himself and likely embellishing, and the other side kept trying to prove it wrong and the fighting just got old. I took it for what it was the whole time, some dude on the internet, could be something behind could not be, it's just another grain of info to add to whatever else you can get.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#199 » by crkone » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 pm

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-talk-about-the-brewers-mediocre-projection/

Alas, the bottom line for the Brewers is the bottom line. While making a couple of impressive additions that should turn major 2017 problems into long-term strengths, they’ve increased their payroll (albeit not quite back to where they were in 2014-15). They’ve bet on the upside of affordable young and prime-aged players such as Anderson, Arcia, Davies, Santana, Shaw, and Villar. It doesn’t all show up on the projections, and in some cases, the parts don’t all fit together that well. A trade of somebody in the outfield/first-base cluster (obviously, not Cain or Yelich) for another rotation option makes sense, and if we can see it from here, so can general manager David Stearns. That doesn’t mean it’s going to happen or that everything will work out well enough for the Brewers in 2018. It will take a few breaks in their favor to be as good as last year, a team that can rise from the muddle in the middle of the NL to claim a playoff spot.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#200 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

As of right now they've basically done the only thing I was dead set against which is going halfway in. Either go for it or don't.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers