ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks | Bucks PG: "Where the post game at" Edition of the PG

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Re: Knicks | Bucks PG: "Where the post game at" Edition of the PG 

Post#101 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm

duetta wrote:Another good loss, but we're not moving up in the tankathon.

We are 1.5 games out from the closest team (Chicago at 8). We are 3 from spots 6 & 7.
We have 16 games left. To move 3 spots up would be hard, unless one of those teams goes on a winning streak.
But to catch Chicago, who we play once more, that is really possible (especially since they changed their rotation and starting playing the older guys, per the league.) And we all know one what spot can do (cough Curry cough.)...
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#102 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
duetta wrote:Another good loss, but we're not moving up in the tankathon.

We are 1.5 games out from the closest team (Chicago at 8). We are 3 from spots 6 & 7.
We have 16 games left. To move 3 spots up would be hard, unless one of those teams goes on a winning streak.
But to catch Chicago, who we play once more, that is really possible. And we all know one what spot can do (cough Curry cough.)...

I've been watching the last few Nets games, those kids are playing hard (and good ball) right now. Don't know their remaining schedule but they are my wildcard darkhorse in this race. Chicago is a possibility but their management was trying to tank...we'll see if getting called out by the NBA is enough to curtail those efforts.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#103 » by vallen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:People sleeping on Frank still? Straight impact player without scoring the ball. That to me is impressive. Every best knick lineup Includes him. I wonder why ?

honestly you can beat it into peoples head a million times and they still ignore facts. He has been underwhelming on offense but he still moves the ball and plays great individual/team defense and it shows. The knicks generally suck especially on defense and if you look with him on the court and off the court the splits are insane. But people don't like stats...they want to use there subjective eye test.

4 pts 2 ast in 30 mins per game as a starter is all the stats one needs to know. no matter how good he is on defense it wont make up for the lost production elsewhere.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#104 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 pm

vallen wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:People sleeping on Frank still? Straight impact player without scoring the ball. That to me is impressive. Every best knick lineup Includes him. I wonder why ?

honestly you can beat it into peoples head a million times and they still ignore facts. He has been underwhelming on offense but he still moves the ball and plays great individual/team defense and it shows. The knicks generally suck especially on defense and if you look with him on the court and off the court the splits are insane. But people don't like stats...they want to use there subjective eye test.

4 pts 2 ast in 30 mins per game as a starter is all the stats one needs to know. no matter how good he is on defense it wont make up for the lost production elsewhere.

No one is defending the fact he sucks on offense right now. However he has impact on the court without much offense. So add the offense and we have a player.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#105 » by mpharris36 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:48 pm

K P 6 wrote:
vallen wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

No one is defending the fact he sucks on offense right now. However he has impact on the court without much offense. So add the offense and we have a player.

thats seems too difficult of a concept to grasp
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,881

Re: RE: Re: Knicks | Bucks PG: "Where the post game at" Edition of the PG 

Post#106 » by GONYK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:59 pm

K P 6 wrote:
vallen wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

People talk about Frank like he can't improve. The player he is now is who he will always be.
vallen
RealGM

Post#107 » by vallen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 pm

K P 6 wrote:
vallen wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

offense is a needed impact. according to this board Renaldo Balkman should have been a 10x allstar. he doesnt impact the game enough to compensate what we are losing for 30 minutes of standing around and passing once hes past the half court line. he dont drive he dont shoot. the 1 steal and one block isnt imapctful enough to win games consistently. its still 5 on 5 defensively, but 4 on 5 offensively.

its irrelevant because he may not even finish the year as starter let alone ever earn the job consistently. comparing him to what we have isnt real comparisons. but should let you know how good he is. hopefully he develops into a decent backup but hes not even there yet.
vallen
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Knicks | Bucks PG: 

Post#108 » by vallen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:10 pm

GONYK wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
vallen wrote:

People talk about Frank like he can't improve. The player he is now is who he will always be.

the NCAA is littered with 19 year olds who wont make it, and scarce in 19 year olds who do. I think he can improve too, but how much realistically ? im just hoping for a decent role player while other have their expectation so high it really ends up hijacking every single thread.

the only way you can know my frustrations is if you woke up and saw 10 threads about how great Lance Thomas is. the hype for a role player is beyond insane. obviously people can have an idea of what a player will and wont become or there would be no scouts or mock drafts. its not like were watching him blindly. every once in a while there are signs (flashes) he can be an NBA player. none of those signs say superstar.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:14 pm

if he can make a jump like kris dunn, that would be great. aint no point in complaining bout frank anymore cause hes still gonna be the same player by the time the season ends. we just gotta see what he does in the offseason and hopefully he improves next year.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#110 » by ctorres » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:16 pm

THjr in his last 8 games...

34.4 mpg, 22.1 ppg, 49.3% fg's, 36.2% 3pt fg's, 100.0% ft's, 3.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.0 spg

Now if only he could lead the Knicks to victories and put these numbers up through an entire season. I wish he wasn't so Jekyll and Hyde.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#111 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm

ctorres wrote:THjr in his last 8 games...

34.4 mpg, 22.1 ppg, 49.3% fg's, 36.2% 3pt fg's, 100.0% ft's, 3.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.0 spg

Now if only he could lead the Knicks to victories and put these numbers up through an entire season. I wish he wasn't so Jekyll and Hyde.

that's the thing with him. he's too streaky. he's really a 6th man at heart. :nonono:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#112 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:31 pm

ctorres wrote:THjr in his last 8 games...

He had a 20(?) game stretch before injury with siimilar production. They flashed his streaks this year in pregame. I can't remember them. Think someone also posted similar ones in the Timmy thread. Made me think, once again, that the local media gets ideas from this site.

Timmy has certainly shown flashes of the guy they paid for. Multiple 30 point games. Played some defense for a little bit. He got hurt and has been inconsistent to bad more often than good since. With the poor PG play and no KP...he is going to struggle. He's not going to carry a team. He's at best...3rd option?

I don't expect to see much with the way Jeff is coaching either the rest of the season. I expect him to maybe be a 12-15mil player during his time here...IF we can get better players around him. I think the talent is there. It's consistency that he struggles with. Not a good money move for a rebuild.
:beer: RIP mags
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#113 » by ctorres » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:that's the thing with him. he's too streaky. he's really a 6th man at heart. :nonono:

A poor man's Eric Gordon/Gordon Hayward would be great :(
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#114 » by Red Vines » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:33 pm

There was a hilarious moment during the Bucks broadcast--they were promoting 90's night with Bell Biv Devoe. Marques Johnson says deadpan "Never trust a big butt and a smile" and then has to explain it to Jim Paschke LOL.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#115 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:40 pm

ctorres wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:that's the thing with him. he's too streaky. he's really a 6th man at heart. :nonono:

A poor man's Eric Gordon/Gordon Hayward would be great :(

i don't really have a problem with him as a player. he's a decent 6th man. but his contract is the issue. he's getting paid like a top 3 starter on this team when that's not who he is. it was a bad signing for us
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#116 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm not going to rehash the Melo trade. Anyway you slice it, Knicks were taking back someone who made 15 million plus and probably had some issues. Kanter seems like the sort of level of guy who would come back - not expiring, decent player, sort of overpaid. The upside he's not on the team any longer than Melo would have been. Other than Miss Cleo level stuff of when either opts in or out. It's easy to say all this and that about eating contracts etc. Who knows if such things were on offer. I'd say, on the face of it, it seems like a logical kind of trade for Melo that reasonably competent teams would make. Sure it could be better, but it always felt like "yeah, that's about what a Melo with NTC would look like"
I'm not really a Kanter fan, just facing facts. There are the deals I would like, and then reality. Kanter seems like a reality piece back. I'll be glad when he expires or is willing to play for 8 million a year as a backup. Or KOQ for that same price. Both decent, semi flawed backup C's.

I also said I'm not sold on Perry either way. He's been ok with cheap deals for cast off kind of guys who've been ok. That's solid. Mudiay trade doesn't look good right now but I understand it in theory. Even if I judge it now as bad, his track record is still "ok". It's also still early yet. Ok could turn "good" and just as easily (and likely, on the Knicks) turn bad.

If the Knicks Front Office came out and said, "We'll eat at least 1/2 of Melo's contract..." the Knicks would have received sweetened deals everywhere from Houston, LA, and OKC.
Why?

Cap Space is EVERYTHING in the NBA. As Knick fans, we all know...ONE bad contract sets you back 3-4 yrs BUT....BUT...For the elite teams who are competing to dethrone Golden State it IS in their mind, adding an equalizer with MORE space to improve the team.

The Knicks wouldn't have to accept a $18M contract with an option next season because they are eating a contract, thus don't have the cap space. Keep in mind, that's expiring with cap space next season. Kanter is going to take that option because no one is that stupid.

I don't blame Scott Perry for this mess. It's a mess he inherited. However the Knicks were stupid to hire someone so late...and paid the price.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#117 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:52 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Mudiay's points are so ugly. He looks like a spas out there sometimes.

How about creating an all Fugly team... players who do things, but everything they do is F ugly.
First two drafted on the team: Lance, Mudiay

Troy Williams, second team :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#118 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I'm not going to rehash the Melo trade. Anyway you slice it, Knicks were taking back someone who made 15 million plus and probably had some issues. Kanter seems like the sort of level of guy who would come back - not expiring, decent player, sort of overpaid. The upside he's not on the team any longer than Melo would have been. Other than Miss Cleo level stuff of when either opts in or out. It's easy to say all this and that about eating contracts etc. Who knows if such things were on offer. I'd say, on the face of it, it seems like a logical kind of trade for Melo that reasonably competent teams would make. Sure it could be better, but it always felt like "yeah, that's about what a Melo with NTC would look like"
I'm not really a Kanter fan, just facing facts. There are the deals I would like, and then reality. Kanter seems like a reality piece back. I'll be glad when he expires or is willing to play for 8 million a year as a backup. Or KOQ for that same price. Both decent, semi flawed backup C's.

I also said I'm not sold on Perry either way. He's been ok with cheap deals for cast off kind of guys who've been ok. That's solid. Mudiay trade doesn't look good right now but I understand it in theory. Even if I judge it now as bad, his track record is still "ok". It's also still early yet. Ok could turn "good" and just as easily (and likely, on the Knicks) turn bad.

If the Knicks Front Office came out and said, "We'll eat at least 1/2 of Melo's contract..." the Knicks would have received sweetened deals everywhere from Houston, LA, and OKC.
Why?

Cap Space is EVERYTHING in the NBA. As Knick fans, we all know...ONE bad contract sets you back 3-4 yrs BUT....BUT...For the elite teams who are competing to dethrone Golden State it IS in their mind, adding an equalizer with MORE space to improve the team.

The Knicks wouldn't have to accept a $18M contract with an option next season because they are eating a contract, thus don't have the cap space. Keep in mind, that's expiring with cap space next season. Kanter is going to take that option because no one is that stupid.

I don't blame Scott Perry for this mess. It's a mess he inherited. However the Knicks were stupid to hire someone so late...and paid the price.

This isn't baseball. How do we eat half his contract? Is that even possible? The Melo trade as not a bad one outside of the glut at center it caused.

The fact that they let the GM make the pick...fire him in a week. Then let Mills handle FA BEFORE hiring the next GM is backwards ass stupid. Thank God Mills didn't handle the Melo trade!!

So...Mills is obviously Dolans ass man. He's been here since the destruction began. We have to hope Perry can reverse the curse!!! He's off to a decent start IMO. This summer is a pivotal moment in the course of this franchise. If he Knicks this up....it will hurt my soul.
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#119 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:

Why?

Cap space is everything. Yeah, this trade didn't add any. I think that's the best that could happen. Whatever. You don't like Perry or the trade.
I'm not the biggest fan of Kanter, especially at his price. In a year, hopefully he's gone. Perry? Who knows. He's been "ok". I'm not a fan or hater yet.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#120 » by BKlutch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Mudiay's points are so ugly. He looks like a spas out there sometimes.

How about creating an all Fugly team... players who do things, but everything they do is F ugly.
First two drafted on the team: Lance, Mudiay

Troy Williams, second team :lol:

This could be the FAF league: Fugly As Fuqq

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Return to New York Knicks