ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/18 College & Draft Thread (Pt. 6) - Currently 8th (2.5 back of Top 5, 4 back of Top 3)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

If The Knicks pick OUTSIDE top 4 (Bags, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba off board)

Mikal Bridges
33%
Miles Bridges
3%
Michael Porter Jr
28%
Trae Young
9%
Jaren Jackson Jr
11%
Kevin Knox
1%
Wendell Carter
4%
Colin Sexton
9%
Robert Williams
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 113

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: 2017/18 College & Draft Thread (Pt. 6) - Currently 9th (2.5 back of Top 5, 4 back of Top 3) 

Post#681 » by whocares1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Seriously though at 9 how do you pass on young.

I totally get it if we were in the top 7 but at 9 thats a steal.

1a-Mikal 1B-Young 2 knox. Those are my guys at 9.

You don't like Sexton?

Not at all. I dont like guards that can't shoot. We already have frank. Young and frank backcourt fits much better than sexton and frank backcourt.

He's shooting 34% from three and 78% from the line. It's unfair to say that he can't shoot. He has nice form and should only get better.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Re: 2017/18 College & Draft Thread (Pt. 6) - Currently 9th (2.5 back of Top 5, 4 back of Top 3) 

Post#682 » by El Poochio » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Jay10 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:KNICKS WILL TRADE NTILIKINA AND THEIR DRAFT PICK FOR KAWHI LEONARD

KNICKS BRASS LOOK FOR ANOTHER STAR PLAYER NEXT YEAR TO SELL SEASON TICKETS WHEN KP IS OUT

THEY SEE KAWHI AS THE PERFECT WELCOME GIFT FOR DAVID BLATT WHO IS SET TO TAKE OVER

DAVID BLATT WILL BRING BRAD WANAMAKER AND WILL CLYBURN WITH HIM TO NEW YORK

THEY TARGET KEMBA WALKER AND THINK KEMBA KAWHI WILL CONVINCE KP TO STAY

:lol: @ "Convince Kristaps to stay"

Mills nor Perry have a connection to Kristaps.

If a team offers up a lot on draft night, Kristaps is as good as gone. Remember, Phil wasn't the only person in the front office that was reported as being open to trading Kristaps last summer.

Phil Jackson was set to trade KP to Sixers for the #1 pick last draft and future picks to draft Lonzo Ball, James Dolan blocked the move and KP entourage including KP and Janis won the tug war and control Knicks now

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#683 » by Jay10 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:KNICKS WILL TRADE NTILIKINA AND THEIR DRAFT PICK FOR KAWHI LEONARD

KNICKS BRASS LOOK FOR ANOTHER STAR PLAYER NEXT YEAR TO SELL SEASON TICKETS WHEN KP IS OUT

THEY SEE KAWHI AS THE PERFECT WELCOME GIFT FOR DAVID BLATT WHO IS SET TO TAKE OVER

If a team offers up a lot on draft night, Kristaps is as good as gone. Remember, Phil wasn't the only person in the front office that was reported as being open to trading Kristaps last summer.

Phil Jackson was set to trade KP to Sixers for the #1 pick last draft and future picks to draft Lonzo Ball, James Dolan blocked the move and KP entourage including KP and Janis won the tug war and control Knicks now

Phil was only here for 3 years, while Mills has been here for decades.

And with how quickly Mills signed THJr., I think Mills told Dolan to fire Phil.

Mills knew Phil wasn't going to sign THJr., so he made sure to get him fired before free agency.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,837

Post#684 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

In 2 years we may potentially have a core of KP, Barrett/Doumbouya/Reddish, Bridges, Frank...we gonna be LIT
El Poochio

Post#685 » by El Poochio » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Jay10 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

Exactly, Mills know how the dynamics work in New York and the house words "There Must Always Be A Star In New York"

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#686 » by Jay10 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Exactly, Mills know how the dynamics work in New York and the house words "There Must Always Be A Star In New York"

What i'm saying is, Phil had no relationship to Dolan prior to getting the job, while Mills has been around Dolan for years, and would have more freedom to trade Kristaps if he wanted to.
El Poochio

Post#687 » by El Poochio » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Jay10 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

What i'm saying is, Phil had no relationship to Dolan prior to getting the job, while Mills has been around Dolan for years, and would have more freedom to trade Kristaps if he wanted to.

MILLS WILL SAY KETCHUP LIKE TOMATO SAUCE HOMIE TO DOLAN AND SQUIRT KETCHUP SAUCE ON HIM WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR HOT DOGS ON HOT DOG STAND VENDOR WILL DRIVE THEM AWAY THROWING SALT

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#688 » by Red Vines » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:58 pm

If we end up with Mikal we need to find a way to get Shamet, Graham, or Brunson in late first, early second round. Waive Mudiay for all I care.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#689 » by Marty McFly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Juco24 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
Yeah... if that draft holds true and we pick 9 - I'm thinking Knox or Miles or even Sexton. Heck, personally I'd take SGA before Trae. Just don't see him as a good pro. Maybe after he hits the weights... but for now, I think he's just too small. I definitely see him as a project. When Knox has his head on straight, he'd fit great with the current nucleus. Same with Miles. Sexton & SGA pushes Mudiay out the door and that may not be a bad thing. For me - one of the Bridges (preferably Mikal) or Knox & call it a day.

Dude c'mon thats crazy. I can understand people saying sexton over trae(i dont agree but whatever) but SGA over young is absolutely ridiculous.

Yep! Just as ridiculous as selecting D Mitchell over Faultz. Or Mitchell over Ball. Or Mitchell over Fox. etc etc. Young just doesn't do it for me.
you're really going to sit there and act like you wanted mitchell over every single one of those guys?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,119

Post#690 » by Juco24 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Dude c'mon thats crazy. I can understand people saying sexton over trae(i dont agree but whatever) but SGA over young is absolutely ridiculous.

Yep! Just as ridiculous as selecting D Mitchell over Faultz. Or Mitchell over Ball. Or Mitchell over Fox. etc etc. Young just doesn't do it for me.
you're really going to sit there and act like you wanted mitchell over every single one of those guys?

Heck Nawww!!! But I am saying that just because a player is touted as being better - doesn't mean he will be. And just because a mock draft has a player higher doesn't always pan out! Bottom line: I'd take SGA ahead of Trae
El Poochio

Post#691 » by El Poochio » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Ian Begley ✔
@IanBegley
Continuing their scouting trip across the country, Knicks front office members Scott Perry and Steve Mills spotted at Busty Bull Gentlemen's Club watching Sexton live.
12:10 PM - Mar 13, 2018

YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#692 » by YouthMovement » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:04 pm

whocares1 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Kill me for it but im not a fan of Trae Young. The Jury is out. Teams simple doubled him and that was it.

They didn't just double him. They were playing a zone defense designed to specifically stop him. He creates not only his own shot, but all his teammates are useless without him.

Yea I don’t love trae recently but teammates are generally horrendous and the big 12 was pretty tough this year
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#693 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

Dolan knew Fultz was a bust. Dolan da GAWD.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#694 » by camillepd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

I think we end up with Landry Shamet in the 2nd round.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#695 » by GONYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:53 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

Yeah... if that draft holds true and we pick 9 - I'm thinking Knox or Miles or even Sexton. Heck, personally I'd take SGA before Trae. Just don't see him as a good pro. Maybe after he hits the weights... but for now, I think he's just too small. I definitely see him as a project. When Knox has his head on straight, he'd fit great with the current nucleus. Same with Miles. Sexton & SGA pushes Mudiay out the door and that may not be a bad thing. For me - one of the Bridges (preferably Mikal) or Knox & call it a day.

It makes perfect sense if you care about defense and roster construction
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,197

Post#696 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I really dont understand the young hate a 9.

I just dont.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,393

Post#697 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:I really dont understand the young hate a 9.

I just dont.

If he was taller I think he’d have more support
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#698 » by fatalogic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:39 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

I just dont.

I want to see how he operates in an nba system. His team's offense right now is give trae the ball and wait for him to do something. Everyone compares him to Steph but Steph doesn't need the ball to be dangerous.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,119

Post#699 » by Juco24 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:39 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

I just dont.

He's listed as 6'2"... I'm calling BS to that!! I think 5'11" and doesn't have long arms. Again, great shooter but I don't see a guy who can finish around the rim. DJ Augustin with a much better stroke. (also a #9 pick)
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#700 » by whocares1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 pm

fatalogic wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I just dont.

I want to see how he operates in an nba system. His team's offense right now is give trae the ball and wait for him to do something. Everyone compares him to Steph but Steph doesn't need the ball to be dangerous.

Trae is a really good spot shooter, and in order to play off the ball, there has to be someone else on his team good enough to handle the ball. That isn't the case.

Return to New York Knicks