ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#141 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The reason why the Mudiay-Frank backcourt hasn't be good is bc of Mudiay. He makes everyone else on the court worse, not better. And it gets worse when Jeff has him in the game.

Depends on your definition of "worse".

I think Manny is out there doing the Lord's work.

Jeff is smarter than we think? :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
JSmoraga
Ballboy
And1: 16

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#142 » by JSmoraga » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The reason why the Mudiay-Frank backcourt hasn't be good is bc of Mudiay. He makes everyone else on the court worse, not better. And it gets worse when Jeff has him in the game.

Depends on your definition of "worse".

I think Manny is out there doing the Lord's work.

Horny gave him the keys to the Panzer? :lol:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#143 » by br7knicks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 pm

i get the knicks are tanking. but this is why i don't want lee to go. he's the leader the knicks have been needing

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/courtney-lee-rants-over-knicks-effort-and-stats-back-him-up/

i stopped watching the knicks because of effort - this is usually why i stop watching. i can handle losing. i can't handle losing when there's no effort being given by THE ENTIRE TEAM
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#144 » by Meat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

br7knicks wrote:i get the knicks are tanking. but this is why i don't want lee to go. he's the leader the knicks have been needing

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/courtney-lee-rants-over-knicks-effort-and-stats-back-him-up/

i stopped watching the knicks because of effort - this is usually why i stop watching. i can handle losing. i can't handle losing when there's no effort being given by THE ENTIRE TEAM

Then knicks don’t need leaders, they need assets and young prospects. Lee might net one of those.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#145 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

br7knicks wrote:i get the knicks are tanking. but this is why i don't want lee to go. he's the leader the knicks have been needing

That article only blames a "couple of guys" who "need to pick it up". I missed the game so, I can't say who was sucking it up out there but, Jeff and Courtney have issues with them.
:beer: RIP mags
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#146 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Doesn't look like Jack is going to play so that article was not credible.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,382

Post#147 » by JXL » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

That article only blames a "couple of guys" who "need to pick it up". I missed the game so, I can't say who was sucking it up out there but, Jeff and Courtney have issues with them.

My guess is that it rhymes with "Runaway"...
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#148 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:16 pm

JXL wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

and measley...but it starts with the coaching staff. They never once held someone accountable for defense throughout the year and they wonder why guys are slacking off at that end.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#149 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

and measley...but it starts with the coaching staff. They never once held someone accountable for defense throughout the year and they wonder why guys are slacking off at that end.

Chuckaway wasn't giving effort or he just sucks? I can believe Beasley wasn't. I'm not even sure he cares about being in the NBA some nights. Dude is flaky.
:beer: RIP mags
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#150 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:

Chuckaway wasn't giving effort or he just sucks? I can believe Beasley wasn't. I'm not even sure he cares about being in the NBA some nights. Dude is flaky.

ROSTER

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,382

Post#151 » by JXL » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

He's not consistent at all in doing the little things. If anyone tells you "guards don't get rebounds", they're lying, and show them this video.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#152 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 pm

JXL wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

He's not consistent at all in doing the little things. If anyone tells you "guards don't get rebounds", they're lying, and show them this video.

theres just too much standing around this team does. That should be easily correctable if you had the right coaching staff...there is no way there should be that much standing around...

ROSTER

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#153 » by br7knicks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Meat wrote:

Then knicks don’t need leaders, they need assets and young prospects. Lee might net one of those.

You need leaders who will make good impressions and instill a good work ethic. The coach isn't doing it either. Otherwise you get players developing bad habits, like KP, the Knicks supposed franchise player.

You need leaders, not just young assets. A young leader would be great. That ain't KP though. Knicks will continue to flounder if he's in charge
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#154 » by Meat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:40 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Meat wrote:

You need leaders who will make good impressions and instill a good work ethic. The coach isn't doing it either. Otherwise you get players developing bad habits, like KP, the Knicks supposed franchise player.

You need leaders, not just young assets. A young leader would be great. That ain't KP though. Knicks will continue to flounder if he's in charge

what bad habit does kp have?

who was the great leader that ushered the the gsw dynasty?
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#155 » by levendis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Meat wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Meat wrote:Then knicks don’t need leaders, they need assets and young prospects. Lee might net one of those.

what bad habit does kp have?

who was the great leader that ushered the the gsw dynasty?

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#156 » by NYKAL » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Meat wrote:

every team needs leaders! Also, leaders do not have to be old heads, they just need to be respected.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,671

Post#157 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

theres just too much standing around this team does. That should be easily correctable if you had the right coaching staff...there is no way there should be that much standing around...

you think they're being coached to stand around on defense?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#158 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:

i think they not being held accountable for standing around, so yes in a round about way that is coaching. If Timmy is standing around he should be benched. Same with Beasley or any player for that matter. The accountability is the issue...Jokic was benched for a 4th qtr by mike malone and he is better than anyone on the knicks roster outside of KP. If Jokic can be benched for poor defense...why can't our guys?

ROSTER

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,671

Post#159 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

i think they not being held accountable for standing around, so yes in a round about way that is coaching. If Timmy is standing around he should be benched. Same with Beasley or any player for that matter. The accountability is the issue...Jokic was benched for a 4th qtr by mike malone and he is better than anyone on the knicks roster outside of KP. If Jokic can be benched for poor defense...why can't our guys?

i'd do it. was curious about your correction methods in mind. makes sense to me, especially if it's known that's why.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#160 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i'd do it. was curious about your correction methods in mind. makes sense to me, especially if it's known that's why.

i mean I don't know if that is the only reason but from watching the team all year I hear jeff talk about the lack of effort on the defensive end yet nothing gets done about...no lineup changes no minute cuts. If a player isn't held a accountable (especially mediocre to poor defenders) they will regress to a point where it is very difficult to be a productive player.

Defense is a skill...but effort isn't a skill. Standing around is unacceptable but i'll bet you THjr is starting today...that right there is a big issue for me.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks