ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#161 » by whocares1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
theres just too much standing around this team does. That should be easily correctable if you had the right coaching staff...there is no way there should be that much standing around...

you think they're being coached to stand around on defense?

i think they not being held accountable for standing around, so yes in a round about way that is coaching. If Timmy is standing around he should be benched. Same with Beasley or any player for that matter. The accountability is the issue...Jokic was benched for a 4th qtr by mike malone and he is better than anyone on the knicks roster outside of KP. If Jokic can be benched for poor defense...why can't our guys?

The Knicks are starting a player Mike Malone perma-benched. Phil liked Jeff because he's laid back and let's be honest Tim is a vet now he shouldn't have to be benched, he should simply know better. Jeff isn't a developmental coach, he's here because he was cool with running Phil's triangle.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,585

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 pm

whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
you think they're being coached to stand around on defense?

i think they not being held accountable for standing around, so yes in a round about way that is coaching. If Timmy is standing around he should be benched. Same with Beasley or any player for that matter. The accountability is the issue...Jokic was benched for a 4th qtr by mike malone and he is better than anyone on the knicks roster outside of KP. If Jokic can be benched for poor defense...why can't our guys?

The Knicks are starting a player Mike Malone perma-benched. Phil liked Jeff because he's laid back and let's be honest Tim is a vet now he shouldn't have to be benched, he should simply know better. Jeff isn't a developmental coach, he's here because he was cool with running Phil's triangle.

I think you're wrong about Jeff. He's definitely not "soft." Don't trust "Smiley Jeff." He's a tough mo-fo. You don't play all those years with Stockton and Malone while being coached by Jerry Sloan while being "soft." Don't you see Jeff seething on the sidelines when our defense falls apart or we make stupid turnovers? I do. All the time. He's been taking quick timeouts IN THE FIRST QUARTER. We just don't have the horses yet. We're rebuilding.

Were you one of the people here who said D'Antoni couldn't coach? :lol:
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,469

Post#163 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think you're wrong about Jeff. He's definitely not "soft." Don't trust "Smiley Jeff." He's a tough mo-fo. You don't play all those years with Stockton and Malone while being coached by Jerry Sloan while being "soft." Don't you see Jeff seething on the sidelines when our defense falls apart or we make stupid turnovers? I do. All the time. He's been taking quick timeouts IN THE FIRST QUARTER. We just don't have the horses yet. We're rebuilding.

he calls early timeouts and leaves the same group in though...the only person that got a quick hook was Frank early in the year when his "offense" wasn't good. He has yet to hold anyone accountable for poor defense. So lets no give Jeff a pass for his horrible coaching.

He comes from the Sloan coaching tree which trusts vets over developing young players. He's been horrible developing our players...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

he calls early timeouts and leaves the same group in though...the only person that got a quick hook was Frank early in the year when his "offense" wasn't good. He has yet to hold anyone accountable for poor defense. So lets no give Jeff a pass for his horrible coaching.

He comes from the Sloan coaching tree which trusts vets over developing young players. He's been horrible developing our players...

I do have issues with some of his rotations. I can't deny that. But the ball movement was much much better this year. We had some injuries towards the middle of the year that derailed us. Enes, then Timmy and then KP. All key players. Then we wanted to tank when Jeff wanted to still try and win games which caused him to play your boy much more than we wanted him too.

I'm not as hard on him for playing Lance or Beasley or Lee as I still think you need a vet out there to keep things calm. For example, we just can't play Dotson for 30 minutes a game. He simply not ready. And we don't want to ruin his confidence. Anyhow, those are my thoughts on him.

Who's going to do a better job? Blatt? Please.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#165 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I do have issues with some of his rotations. I can't deny that. But the ball movement was much much better this year. We had some injuries towards the middle of the year that derailed us. Enes, then Timmy and then KP. All key players. Then we wanted to tank when Jeff wanted to still try and win games which caused him to play your boy much more than we wanted him too.

I'm not as hard on him for playing Lance or Beasley or Lee as I still think you need a vet out there to keep things calm. For example, we just can't play Dotson for 30 minutes a game. He simply not ready. And we don't want to ruin his confidence. Anyhow, those are my thoughts on him.

Blatts a significantly better coach than Jeff...yes

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#166 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Players don't respect Blatt. You can blame Lebron.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#167 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Players don't respect Blatt

lebron didn't respect blatt because he treats everyone the same and lebron wants someone to suck up to him. Lets not let queen james sway whether blatts a good coach. He would get a young team playing the right way.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#168 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

lebron didn't respect blatt because he treats everyone the same and lebron wants someone to suck up to him. Lets not let queen james sway whether blatts a good coach. He would get a young team playing the right way.

What has Blatt done that makes you think he's any good?
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#169 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

i mean he a pretty damn successful euro coach and he was what like 84-40 in the NBA? He's won wherever he is and gets a lot out of his players.

Would he be my top top choice? No, but seeing how Mills/Perry will probably go with someone they have connections with Blatt is the best of the bunch by far...what are the others choices? Mark Jackson? Doc Rivers? Keeping Jeff? No thanks on all 3!

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#170 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

i mean he a pretty damn successful euro coach and he was what like 84-40 in the NBA? He's won wherever he is and gets a lot out of his players.

Would he be my top top choice? No, but seeing how Mills/Perry will probably go with someone they have connections with Blatt is the best of the bunch by far...what are the others choices? Mark Jackson? Doc Rivers? Keeping Jeff? No thanks on all 3!

Lebron coached that team to 84-40. He ignored Blatt in the huddles. He broke Blatt's plays. You know he told his teammates to listen to him and not Blatt. :lol:
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#171 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Lebron coached that team to 84-40. He ignored Blatt in the huddles. He broke Blatt's plays. You know he told his teammates to listen to him and not Blatt. :lol:

and thats a knock on blatt? LeBron wanted a puppet...if anything thats a plus that Blatt wasn't about to get railroaded by that princess.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#172 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

and thats a knock on blatt? LeBron wanted a puppet...if anything thats a plus that Blatt wasn't about to get railroaded by that princess.

I wanted evidence that this guy is a good coach and your response is agreeing that Lebron coached the team.

I got news for you. Jeff's coming back next year.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#173 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I wanted evidence that this guy is a good coach and your response is agreeing that Lebron coached the team.

doubt it, he was neither mills/perry choice they have no ties to him, no one has developed and he can't even use the KP excuse because we were falling apart before he got hurt.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#174 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

doubt it, he was neither mills/perry choice they have no ties to him, no one has developed and he can't even use the KP excuse because we were falling apart before he got hurt.

sig bet? :lol:
Free Palestine
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#175 » by JXL » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 pm

The verdict is clear, Hornacek is gone. Blatt is coming.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#176 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

sure why not. how long?

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#177 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

sure why not. how long?

1 month?
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#178 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

sure why not. how long?

1 month?

deal. If by the start of the 1st game next year Jeff is our coach i carry a sig of your choice...if anyone else is coaching the knicks by the 1st game you have to use a sig of my choice for a month.

ROSTER

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#179 » by HEZI » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Is it true that Derek Fisher is still on the Knicks payroll? I'm not sure what the buyout agreement looks like but if Fisher is still making money from the Knicks and they still owe him for the 5 year deal he signed in 2014 then that means he's still on the payroll until 2019. If that's the case then Mills/Perry won't be allowed to fire Jeff and will have to let him coach until his contract expires in 2019. I doubt Dolan, as foolish as he is, has interest in having 3 coaches on payroll while two of them aren't even coaching anymore.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#180 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
sure why not. how long?

1 month?

deal. If by the start of the 1st game next year Jeff is our coach i carry a sig of your choice...if anyone else is coaching the knicks by the 1st game you have to use a sig of my choice for a month.

As soon as Jeff is fired, you win.

Deal. :beer:
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks