ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Re: OT: NFL Draft Watch Thread 

Post#801 » by taj2133 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Report: Teddy Bridgewater close to Jets deal
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2018, 2:52 PM EDT

Getty Images
With the quarterback dominoes falling quickly, the Jets can’t afford to be left out.

And they may have found their Plan B.

According to Bryant McFadden of CBSSports.com, the Jets are nearing a deal with Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

With guys flying off the shelves, it might be the best business the Jets can do, though it won’t take them out of the running for a rookie quarterback. The Jets pick sixth overall.

Bridgewater showed promise before a traumatic knee injury cost him more than a year. He was healthy enough to be active last year, but the Vikings were hesitant to go away from hot-hand Case Keenum.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#802 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That’s what you think. I bet he goes top 10.

My opinion isn't the bible. But Allen is a second round QB at best.

I agree but I know he will go top 10 based off hype

The eye in the sky don't lie fam. Allen sometimes struggles to make simple 5 yrd passes to wide open receivers while being pressured in the pocket.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

OT: NYJ negotiating with Bridgewater (and McCown?) 

Post#803 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Looks like the Jets are in negotiations with Bridgewater. They would also like to sign McCown to be his backup and mentor, which is a good idea. Don't know much about Bridgewater or the nature of the impact his injury will have on him going forward.

Thoughts?

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-working-on-deal-for-teddy-bridgewater/268605284
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Re: OT: NYJ negotiating with Bridgewater (and McCown?) 

Post#804 » by Fury » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:04 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Looks like the Jets are in negotiations with Bridgewater. They would also like to sign McCown to be his backup and mentor, which is a good idea. Don't know much about Bridgewater or the nature of the impact his injury will have on him going forward.

Thoughts?

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-working-on-deal-for-teddy-bridgewater/268605284

Only like the Bridgewater signing if we're taking a QB at 6. Eww @ McCown being his "mentor." I mean, I guess he can mentor him but he'd also have to mentor the guy at 6. We don't really need McCown with Bridgewater, tho.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#805 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Fury wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Looks like the Jets are in negotiations with Bridgewater. They would also like to sign McCown to be his backup and mentor, which is a good idea. Don't know much about Bridgewater or the nature of the impact his injury will have on him going forward.

Thoughts?

Only like the Bridgewater signing if we're taking a QB at 6. Eww @ McCown being his "mentor." I mean, I guess he can mentor him but he'd also have to mentor the guy at 6. We don't really need McCown with Bridgewater, tho.

I don't see us picking a QB at 6 now. We need help at too many other positions.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#806 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 pm

This thread is basically the NFL thread on this forum at the moment viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1557151&start=800
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Post#807 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That’s what you think. I bet he goes top 10.

My opinion isn't the bible. But Allen is a second round QB at best.

I agree but I know he will go top 10 based off hype

He threw from the 10 to the 20 just straight showing off.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Re: NFL Watch Thread 

Post#808 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Jets are dumb if they don’t go QB at 6. That if the QB is worthy. I like Teddy and him and Case is just the reality of the NFL. All about what have you done for me lately or I’d there someone better than you.

However Jets with all this money have to show a pulse like come on.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#809 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 pm

K P 6 wrote:Jets are dumb if they don’t go QB at 6. That if the QB is worthy. I like Teddy and him and Case is just the reality of the NFL. All about what have you done for me lately or I’d there someone better than you.

problem when you have a front office/coach on the hot seat. They probably wont survive a 4-12- 5-11 year...they tend to make win now moves. I don't think drafting a rookie qb changes things fast enough to keep there job security...probably not best for the long term for the jets but its always an issue when you don't have a long term commitment with front office and coach.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#810 » by denterprise » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Good pick up for Jets if they do sign Bridgewater. Hopefully he has fully recovered from his injury because is a talented QB.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#811 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Fury wrote:

Thoughts?

FWIW a lot of people say McCown is really good at breaking down film and Manziel ( I know a terrible source but still...) recently said he had no idea how to look at film until McCown came to Cleveland and showed him what to look for and what to actually study. I'm guessing whatever QB is being picked this year will be 3rd string until we're out of the playoff hunt and then will get their shot year 2. Makes me think they're willing to stand pat at 6 and take a shot on one of the "project" guys like Allen or Jackson instead of the big trio up top.

Also I know people will get pissed if we pass up on a QB at 6 but Teddy, pre-injury, showed signs of being more than just a game manager. Maybe they believe in Teddy more than anyone they think they'll get at 6? Can't blame them either.... He's got impressive tape.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#812 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Jets are dumb if they don’t go QB at 6. That if the QB is worthy. I like Teddy and him and Case is just the reality of the NFL. All about what have you done for me lately or I’d there someone better than you.

problem when you have a front office/coach on the hot seat. They probably wont survive a 4-12- 5-11 year...they tend to make win now moves. I don't think drafting a rookie qb changes things fast enough to keep there job security...probably not best for the long term for the jets but its always an issue when you don't have a long term commitment with front office and coach.

Sound like the Knicks
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#813 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Sound like the Knicks

bingo everyone trying to keep there jobs and owners not allowing them to build the right way. Now I can't say I know enough about woody johnson and him letting his football guys do football stuff...but Dolan is always looming over the knicks it why we never pick a young up and coming front office guy to pair with a young up and coming coach and build the right way.

ROSTER

EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#814 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:26 pm

The Knicks and Jets are nothing alike besides having some painful loses in their history books (The Jets may lead the Knicks in that department). The problem with the Jets is that for some reason they can't seem to find a franchise QB. They have had talented teams in the past, Top 3 defenses. But only a game manager at QB to show for it. That won't get it done in the NFL. You need a franchise QB

And teams normally don't "rebuild" in the NFL like the NBA do. There's a reason why the draft has 7 rounds. You can turn your franchise around rather quickly if you draft well.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#815 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Signing McCown with Teddy is a JOKE
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#816 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Mecca wrote:Signing McCown with Teddy is a JOKE

McCown is done. This shouldn't stop them for drafting a QB in my opinion. Teddy is likely the starter next year. Hack and Petty are outta here though.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#817 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:

McCown is done. This shouldn't stop them for drafting a QB in my opinion. Teddy is likely the starter next year. Hack and Petty are outta here though.

No, they promised McCown the starting job already lol.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#818 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:

they were hot after cousins and now turn to plan B signing two qb's...sounds like you are right they have no interest drafting a young QB at least not with an early pick.

ROSTER

EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#819 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:

Mark Teddy off then, he's not coming here to backup McCown. But all signs are that we're gonna draft a QB anyway. So all is good.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#820 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:

Mark Teddy off then, he's not coming here to backup McCown. But all signs are that we're gonna draft a QB anyway. So all is good.

It's gonna be both. No all isn't good because a 3rd string QB doesn't get reps in practice and won't play next year.
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks