Those who think the lottery is rigged... Should the Spurs get a high pick?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

If the lottery is rigged should Silver reward them with a very high pick?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 3, 2019 1:25 pm

Yes
26%
No
37%
The lottery is not rigged.
37%

Total votes: 68

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: Those who think the lottery is rigged... Should the Spurs get a high pick? 

Post#21 » by NBAFan93 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Lol... Yeah, if they are rigging it and the Spurs miss the playoffs, they should give them a high pick for the sake of the league cause they’ll do the most good w/ it. They really can only have the possibility to rig the top 3 though, right? The rest is just according to record if I understand it correctly...
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,259

Post#22 » by Sothron » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm

ropjhk wrote:I'd rather see Atlanta get the pick. Like the Spurs, you'd be rewarding a team who has made the playoffs for many years prior. Unlike the Spurs, you could pass off Atlanta getting the first as plausible luck.

Yes to Atlanta getting the #1 pick. Historic franchise that has never had a number one pick play for the team. The only other team we had one the guy screwed us by going to the ABA.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,961

Post#23 » by Cubbies2120 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Javier Acosta wrote:I was under the impore4ssion that it does not exist anymore.

It's still up and running. Registration for new accounts has been closed for a while, ever since the domain owner retired from the forum.

You also get a silly warning page about not giving out personal info when you punch in the web address.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,074

Post#24 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

A top-10 pick would do wonders for the Spurs.
They don't need to win the lottery, which would be incredibly improbably, but just do a little better than their record would place them if there were no lottery.
As of right now they would get the 13th pick if it went in order of standings. A little bit of lottery luck could land them at 8-10 easy.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,828

Post#25 » by azcatz11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Selfishly I would love the Spurs to get the #1 overall. I can't even imagine what they would turn Ayton into.

Oh well, one can dream :lol:
Un4given
Junior
And1: 483

Post#26 » by Un4given » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:As of right now they would get the 13th pick if it went in order of standings. A little bit of lottery luck could land them at 8-10 easy.

That is not how lottery works. The possible pick they could get with current order are 1,2,3,13 or 14.

To answer the OP i would like the first pick going to some of non tanking teams. But I think Jazz or Denver deserve it more than Spurs (in case they miss the playoffs).
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#27 » by NBAFan93 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Un4given wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:As of right now they would get the 13th pick if it went in order of standings. A little bit of lottery luck could land them at 8-10 easy.

That is not how lottery works. The possible pick they could get with current order are 1,2,3,13 or 14.

To answer the OP i would like the first pick going to some of non tanking teams. But I think Jazz or Denver deserve it more than Spurs (in case they miss the playoffs).

Yeah - the lottery part of the draft only impacts picks 1, 2 and 3. All non-playoff teams get lottery balls in odds proportional to the badness of their record, and the top 3 are picked. After the top 3, I believe it goes non-playoff teams in order of placement in conference, then after that it’s just straight record for the rest of the playoff teams. If I remember it all correctly.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,074

Post#28 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

NBAFan93 wrote:
Un4given wrote:

Yeah - the lottery part of the draft only impacts picks 1, 2 and 3. All non-playoff teams get lottery balls in odds proportional to the badness of their record, and the top 3 are picked. After the top 3, I believe it goes non-playoff teams in order of placement in conference, then after that it’s just straight record for the rest of the playoff teams. If I remember it all correctly.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
My bad on posting nonsense.
I'd love to see them get it, but honestly, they could still do wonders with a mid-first round pick and other teams need it more.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#29 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

no
Raptors til death
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#30 » by TommyPoints » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm still salty about Duncan, so a big NOPE from me!
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#31 » by Sark » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Javier Acosta wrote:
ZemGOAT wrote:Spurs get a top pick. Its 90% rigged or 10% they are the luckiest franchise of all time no debate.
This would be more shocking than Orlando getting the 1st pick twice.
Teams like Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Kings,Suns or Orlando etc. need it more than the Spurs

Spurs did not have one in forever. They needed one for years.

Are you forgetting David Robinson? They had 2 in a very short period of time, and were able to land 2 generational players.

Return to The General Board