ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks | Mavs PG: Tank Championship — EPIC Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Re: Knicks | Mavs PG: Tank Championship Edition 

Post#221 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:48 am

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Word, that's always been his game. Sneaky automatic from 18 feet as well. Should def look into him in off-season.

seems like he would be a nice compliment as a dirty work player next to KP at center. He will cover up some of KP rebounding issues.

I have first hand info that he's trying to play in the tri state area next year if he's a FA still.

Omg JVG loves him too

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: Knicks | Mavs PG: Tank Championship — EPIC Edition 

Post#222 » by seren » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am

I am very happy with Frank's development. His defense is way more ahead of any rookie I have watched so far. When he is given opportunity, he showed he can direct the traffic and he has a decent looking jump shot. With a couple of off-seasons, I can see him being a consistent contributor and the starting PG for a really long time. That is of course we show some patience and find a better coach.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#223 » by 2010 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am

Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
That is a grown ass man fight right there

:lol: maybe that's how they picked guys to trade for. Oak fought 'em and recommended the spunky ones.

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#224 » by HEZI » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am

2010 wrote:And just like that, the Trae vs. Sexton war was officially begun.

I can't even clown Sexton anymore seeing as what crap the Knicks are throwing into the guard rotation. He can't possibly be worse so eh I'm cool with him
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,216

Post#225 » by mpharris36 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am

vallen wrote:i love the jeff defense too. waaaah his lineups suck. like he had curry, green, and thompson on the bench. there werent any difference makers between rotations. everyone on this squad has their limitations. very few 2 way players.

i don't care to see beasley black hole for 33 minutes...sue me
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#226 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 am

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

care to comment?

Who is he?

He was our best beat reporter until he left. He was big on using analytics to back up his opinions.

Knicks hate analytics so makes sense

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#227 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
game to game (the totality of the season) anyone who takes one game no matter what happens is foolish

and have I ever said stats mean everything? They are a tool. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there not accurate.

mudiay has a horrible +/- since he's been here...is that not accurate that he hasn't been trash?

They aren't the end all be all but that assist in evaluating a player. Every front office will tell you the same.

Stats are a secondary tool.
You seem to use them as a primary one.

Stats are not always going to tell the truth about an individuals game in a TEAM sport.
Who’s on the floor with them. Who they are playing against. Scheme. Role. Them actually being humans with personalities and a life outside of basketball. These all have a toll on a players game day to day.

Basketball isn’t a science. Never will be.
That’s always been my argument with you MPH.

agreed, I have never said otherwise. They are a complimenting tool. But you don't care for any stat. That is where we disagree. They are valuable to use. I never have said they are more important than the eye test. They can be used to backup the eye test. That is all I have ever used them for.

Because I don’t wanna hear about a stat when I say something like Frank has no handle.

What is a stat actually doing for that observation?

Nothing.

That’s the point.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#228 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 am

HEZI wrote:
2010 wrote:And just like that, the Trae vs. Sexton war was officially begun.

I can't even clown Sexton anymore seeing as what crap the Knicks are throwing into the guard rotation. He can't possibly be worse so eh I'm cool with him

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#229 » by 2010 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 am

Lee needs to just sit. Fcuk these dumb honorary starts. What is the point of starting him then playing him only 15 mins total? All they doing is devaluing him and making his averages look worse which will not bode well during trade talks. Just sit the dude and start Frank or Iverson and develop them.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#230 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:53 am

2010 wrote:Lost in the sauce was the fact that Courtney Lee called teammates out in the video room then proceeded to be a complete zero in the very next game. Dude was held scoreless and only took 1 shot along with porous defense.

Should have been moved in the offseason once we traded Melo.

But nah.

We kept and even added more vets.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#231 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

Why isn't Burke starting still???? Mudiay is a quality backup. No more.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#232 » by Tron Carter » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

mpharris36 wrote:
vallen wrote:i love the jeff defense too. waaaah his lineups suck. like he had curry, green, and thompson on the bench. there werent any difference makers between rotations. everyone on this squad has their limitations. very few 2 way players.

i don't care to see beasley black hole for 33 minutes...sue me

you act as if iso beas hasn’t revolutionized the way we play basketball
R.I.P Black Mamba
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#233 » by levendis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
levendis wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mavs fans seem pretty happy with smith. ion get the hate. no one over there is talkin bout " we shoulda picked frank" :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1683287

frank will be a decent player for us. both teams got what they wanted.. right? yall n*gs so salty for nothing.

I really wanna know if hornet and Pistons fans are bitching. Those fan bases actually have something legit to complain about

i was actually lurkin over the hornets boards not too long ago and a lot of them like monk still. i believe he had a nice game recently.

That's pretty incredible. If you think the Frank/Smith stupidity is bad imagine this board if we had taken Monk 2 picks before Mitchell
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#234 » by Dantares » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Dantares wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:forreal. i was quiet most of the time in the game thread cause mad cats was actin salty.

we got ourselves a good tank win which is all that matters. lets get sexton here 8-)

What does Sexton do that Burke can't do? What are we going to hope Sexton becomes a 15/7 guard when burke can obviously do that right now. I mean I can understand giving up on mudiay but if Burke is a lead guard and plays close to 35 minutes next year then where will minutes come for Sexton who is only 6'2 and probably can't play in the same backcourt as burke.

trust me bro, i hear you on burke 100%. but it seems like we'll never give him a shot as a starter unfortuantely. until we do, im ridin with sexton. he can score at will, loves to play defense. and if we gettin sexton, im assuming we starting him next to frank.

if we actually let burke start right now and he kills it, no need to take a point guard in the draft at all.

I think his time is coming. Mudiay is just so bad, let him work on that awful jumpshot and conditioning in the summer and he can fight for the starting spot in training camp. I want to see Trey Burke unleashed right now.

I think it's going to be between the two bridges and I like them both. Can someone tell me what miles bridges flaws are? He seems like he can bully 3's in the post and his handles and perimeter game are good enough to take bigger players on the perimeter. He seems like he can get a mismatch whenever he wants Because he is so athletic and built like a tank.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#235 » by mpharris36 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 am

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Stats are a secondary tool.
You seem to use them as a primary one.

Stats are not always going to tell the truth about an individuals game in a TEAM sport.
Who’s on the floor with them. Who they are playing against. Scheme. Role. Them actually being humans with personalities and a life outside of basketball. These all have a toll on a players game day to day.

Basketball isn’t a science. Never will be.
That’s always been my argument with you MPH.

agreed, I have never said otherwise. They are a complimenting tool. But you don't care for any stat. That is where we disagree. They are valuable to use. I never have said they are more important than the eye test. They can be used to backup the eye test. That is all I have ever used them for.

Because I don’t wanna hear about a stat when I say something like Frank has no handle.

What is a stat actually doing for that observation?

Nothing.

That’s the point.

have i given you a stat about franks handle :lol:

usually I am giving stats that even though franks offense isn't up to par he is still productive on the floor because he is a ball mover and a defender. No matter where the NBA goes those are still valuable qualities to have in a guard. Sure he needs to develop his offense. But he was always going to struggle his first year or two offensively. We just need to see progress in the offseason.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#236 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 am

Mecca wrote:Why isn't Burke starting still???? Mudiay is a quality backup. No more.

mudiay went out lookin like steph curry in the first half..... then looked like ronnie brewer in the second :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#237 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 am

sadly the bulls lost too
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#238 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am

Dantares wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Dantares wrote:
What does Sexton do that Burke can't do? What are we going to hope Sexton becomes a 15/7 guard when burke can obviously do that right now. I mean I can understand giving up on mudiay but if Burke is a lead guard and plays close to 35 minutes next year then where will minutes come for Sexton who is only 6'2 and probably can't play in the same backcourt as burke.

trust me bro, i hear you on burke 100%. but it seems like we'll never give him a shot as a starter unfortuantely. until we do, im ridin with sexton. he can score at will, loves to play defense. and if we gettin sexton, im assuming we starting him next to frank.

if we actually let burke start right now and he kills it, no need to take a point guard in the draft at all.

I think his time is coming. Mudiay is just so bad, let him work on that awful jumpshot and conditioning in the summer and he can fight for the starting spot in training camp. I want to see Trey Burke unleashed right now.

I think it's going to be between the two bridges and I like them both. Can someone tell me what miles bridges flaws are? He seems like he can bully 3's in the post and his handles and perimeter game are good enough to take bigger players on the perimeter. He seems like he can get a mismatch whenever he wants Because he is so athletic and built like a tank.

fam i been wanting to see trey burke starting for weeks now. i don't know what jeff is thinking. dude is the dumbest coach in the league.

miles bridges got the build of a power forward but he's 6'6 so it's weird. i like him and mikal though
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#239 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Mecca wrote:Why isn't Burke starting still???? Mudiay is a quality backup. No more.

mudiay went out lookin like steph curry in the first half..... then looked like ronnie brewer in the second :lol:

Typical Mudiay as always. Dude is just way too inconsistent to be a starter. Just give Trey 5 games. I don't get why he got 15 minutes.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#240 » by mpharris36 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

he flip flopped usually he comes out like trash in the 1st half then looks like steph in the second.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks