Kawhi Leonard To Meet With Gregg Popovich To Finalize Return

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kawhi Leonard To Meet With Gregg Popovich To Finalize Return 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Kawhi Leonard will meet with Gregg Popovich to discuss when he will return to the Spurs' lineup. Leonard could return on Tuesday or Thursday.

"I'll see Kawhi tomorrow and we'll see how he's feeling and see how ready he is and see how ready I think he is, and we will go from there," Gregg Popovich.

Leonard has played in just nine games this season due to right quadriceps tendinopathy.

Via Tom Orsborn/San Antonio Express-News

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Kawhi Leonard To Meet With Gregg Popovich To Finalize Return 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm

And he will be back to get them back in the playoffs
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#3 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

watch the games.
look for whether or not there's an mutual understanding of minutes restriction.

look to see if the grouping of Kawhi/Murray/Alrdridge works well. notably murray/kawhi. if it's a your turn/my turn for Murray / Kawhi - that'll be telling

and most importantly, look to see how often Kawhi breaks from the motion offense to run top iso or elbow iso.
and on D, look to see how often Kawhi refuses to run switch and stays man-2-man.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 pm

They need him to return really really bad, they've been losing tons of games.

Him being back would bring improvement to every aspect of the team, he's that important. Lama's gotta understand that he is too inconsistent to carry a team to a chip. Kawaii needs to be the leader that makes everyone better
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:They need him to return really really bad, they've been losing tons of games.

Him being back would bring improvement to every aspect of the team, he's that important. Lama's gotta understand that he is too inconsistent to carry a team to a chip. Kawaii needs to be the leader that makes everyone better

it's a standoff. i bet POP blinks first.
Kawhi showing the world that SAS needs him more than visa versa.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am

gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:They need him to return really really bad, they've been losing tons of games.

So, you mean like, he's actually not injured/hurting?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

yes. he cut the Org strings of control/oversight over him. correctly.
he's taking control of his body/career.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:24 am

gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

Real hard to believe these are all straight lies:

Popovich revealed Tuesday that the next step rests with Leonard's doctors.

"He's got to be cleared by his medical staff that he's seeing. And until he gets cleared, we can't make a decision on when he's coming back," Popovich said. "So once he gets cleared, then he and I can sit down and talk, and see what we think about an appropriate time to come back. But that clearance has to be obtained first."

Popovich, who said the team will continue to err on the side of caution when it comes to Leonard's injury, said he has seen the forward work out, but Leonard "needs a little bit more work."

Leonard stepped away from playing to focus on rehabbing the injured quad after a nine-game return to the Spurs that ended on Jan. 13.

Leonard, who received first-team All-NBA honors the previous two seasons, resumed working out in San Antonio on Feb. 27 and is feeling "much better," according to the source. There remains optimism that he will return this season, the source said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22749350/san-antonio-spurs-f-kawhi-leonard-not-return-thursday-new-orleans-pelicans

By a guy like Pop, no less.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:So, you mean like, he's actually not injured/hurting?

"He's got to be cleared by his medical staff that he's seeing. And until he gets cleared, we can't make a decision on when he's coming back," Popovich said. "So once he gets cleared, then he and I can sit down and talk, and see what we think about an appropriate time to come back. But that clearance has to be obtained first."

Popovich, who said the team will continue to err on the side of caution when it comes to Leonard's injury, said he has seen the forward work out, but Leonard "needs a little bit more work."

Leonard stepped away from playing to focus on rehabbing the injured quad after a nine-game return to the Spurs that ended on Jan. 13.

Leonard, who received first-team All-NBA honors the previous two seasons, resumed working out in San Antonio on Feb. 27 and is feeling "much better," according to the source. There remains optimism that he will return this season, the source said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22749350/san-antonio-spurs-f-kawhi-leonard-not-return-thursday-new-orleans-pelicans

it's a realtime standoff without pissing off the fandom. there's pressure being applied by both sides. look at how theyre moving (or refusing to move) on this chess board - not how theyre feeding commentary about it.
we saw this happen earlier this season with LBJ v Kyrie, and LBJ v IT. we see it in LAC w WEST v RIVERS.
this standoff is GEN LEE v GEN HOOKER civil war. neither side acknowledging the others Leverage(or lack of leverage).
Kawhi is choking SAS season. Pop will run out of oxygen soon.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 am

gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

it's a realtime standoff without pissing off the fandom. there's pressure being applied by both sides. look at how theyre moving (or refusing to move) on this chess board - not how theyre feeding commentary about it.
we saw this happen earlier this season with LBJ v Kyrie, and LBJ v IT. we see it in LAC w WEST v RIVERS.
this standoff is GEN LEE v GEN HOOKER civil war. neither side acknowledging the others Leverage(or lack of leverage).

Huh? I don't see any of those guys faking injuries. Or:

Read on Twitter
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Real hard to believe these are all straight lies:

Huh? I don't see any of those guys faking injuries.

the comp was to turf war. real strife.
Kawhi can play. he's choosing to play on his terms. if he's not playing, it's likely bc Pop wants it on Pop's terms. Kawhi wants the steering wheel. Pop wants him to get in line.
strings are cut.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 am

gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

Huh? I don't see any of those guys faking injuries.

the comp was to turf war. real strife.
Kawhi can play. he's choosing to play on his terms. if he's not playing, it's likely bc Pop wants it on Pop's terms. Kawhi wants the steering wheel. Pop wants him to get in line.
strings are cut.

I know what you're saying, those things happen. But I mean none of those guys were faking injuries, lying and acting, that would put this on a totally different level, worse than DWill. Things like this:

Read on Twitter

If this is indeed fake, this would make him a serious headcase/phony, and there has never any indication that he is one.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion