ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Re: NFL Watch Thread 

Post#861 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:54 am

Read on Twitter

Hopefully the Jets are padding the defense now and then go offense heavy in the draft. But I'm not holding my breath, this team loves defense. Ryan Jensen is still out there btw.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#862 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 am

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:So what are we freaking out about again? Josh was a good soldier this year and the Jets literally HAVE TO spend 60 million this year. They were always going to give him the respect of being the leader in the clubhouse for the starting big. I'm sure Teddy or whomever we draft will win it by opening day

We guaranteed him starting job.

I doubt it fam. No guarantees in frickin March and McCown wasn't awful last year anyway. I'm thinking Teddy outplays him in camp and gets the job. McCowns a good vet he'll understand.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#863 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 am

Teddy will be a huge signing. He's young so his bones heal quicker and stronger. If the Jets do this the right way, I think the Jets can make the playoffs.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,435

Post#864 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 am

It's worth taking a flyer on Bridgewater for 1 year. However it's the Jets so I doubt it'll work out.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#865 » by mpharris36 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:20 am

williamson is a nice pickup for the jets
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 879

Post#866 » by Appleshampoo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully the Jets are padding the defense now and then go offense heavy in the draft. But I'm not holding my breath, this team loves defense. Ryan Jensen is still out there btw.

Jensen would be nice. Only 26. Should invest in the offensive line while on a spending spree. Jensen allows Wesley Johnson to return to backup C/OG.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#867 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 am

Jets may still draft a QB with the 6th pick. I think they should too. While we have a lot of holes to fill, it looks like they'll be filled through free agency. What if Bridgewater's knee doesn't hold up? So I'm guessing it'll be Mayfield.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-to-sign-teddy-bridgewater-on-wednesday/268605284

There's also a possibility, according to a source, that the Jets will still draft a quarterback with the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft, even with both McCown and Bridgewater on board. If that happens, then both of the Jets' other current quarterbacks -- Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg - would likely be gone. As it stands right now, the Jets will not be able to keep both.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#868 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:47 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, free agent Teddy Bridgewater has "a few choices."

She added that nothing is "imminent." A few hours ago it looked like Bridgewater was headed to the Jets but New York complicated things by signing Josh McCown. The Jets have the cap space to sign both, though Bridgewater would surely prefer to play somewhere he can start. Perhaps the Bills, who are looking to replace Tyrod Taylor, will get involved.

Yep. No Teddy. Year 2 Josh McCown. We better draft a QB at 6 or trade up and get one.

Whatever. I expect failure to be the norm for years to come. Another team with decades of lousy owners and mountains of crap that rolls down hill from there.

Awesome.

I don't get it. Teddy would be the no. 1. It would be his to lose as I understand it. McCown is the plan B.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#869 » by Oscirus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 am

Teddy's on a 5 mil contract. He's playing to get a big contract next year and mcown is a bridge qb. Jets are definitely drafting a qb. Bye Hackenberg
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#870 » by SARGO127 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:49 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Being a Titans fan, I’ve seen a lot of Avery. He’s a liability in the pass game but very very solid in the run game. Solid pickup at that price for you guys.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#871 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 am

Jets sign any offense besides an ancient journeyman QB and a guy whose knee is toast and hasn't played in 2 years?

I see they got one of those meh RB's. Is he 28 and ready to nosedive in production or does he theoretically have 2 years left or is he actually 25 or something like that. I'll have to look.
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 879

Post#872 » by Appleshampoo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets sign any offense besides an ancient journeyman QB and a guy whose knee is toast and hasn't played in 2 years?

I see they got one of those meh RB's. Is he 28 and ready to nosedive in production or does he theoretically have 2 years left or is he actually 25 or something like that. I'll have to look.

Crowell is 25. Has never been a full down back but wanted more touches in Cleveland. I wonder about reciever. Robby Anderson facing felonies and likley suspension, Enuwa returning from injury, Stewart and the Hansen brother kind of non existent. Even Sefarian Jenkins needs to be resigned or replaced.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#873 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Browns sign Hyde!! Giants have clear shot at Saquon. (Maybe) lol
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#874 » by Triple C » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Jets: BRIDGEwater
Knicks: Mikal BRIDGEs

8-)
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#875 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm

The New York Giants are expected to sign offensive tackle Nate Solder, a source told ESPN, confirming a report by NFL Network.

Solder will receive a four year, $60 million contract, with a guarantee of about $35 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

http://scores.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22759986/nate-solder-expected-sign-new-york-giants

:nod: :nod: :nod:
F N 11
RealGM

Post#876 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Giants broke the bank but fawk it!!! We need to protect Eli and create holes for Barkley.
TrentTucker6
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#877 » by TrentTucker6 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

I know the Giants had to overpay, but this essentially sets two positions on the OL (Flowers to RT--where I think he'll be a top ten player at that position for a number of reasons) allows them to bring Wheeler along slowly, and pick a cheap vet at guard and draft another in the first three rounds. If the Giants pick a QB--he will be able to step in next year with a cohesive line. Having said that if they aren't sold on Wheeler, they have to find a developmental LT in next years draft--Nate may only have another two years left at his current level.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#878 » by Da_Mane_Man » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:24 pm

TrentTucker6 wrote:I know the Giants had to overpay, but this essentially sets two positions on the OL (Flowers to RT--where I think he'll be a top ten player at that position for a number of reasons) allows them to bring Wheeler along slowly, and pick a cheap vet at guard and draft another in the first three rounds. If the Giants pick a QB--he will be able to step in next year with a cohesive line. Having said that if they aren't sold on Wheeler, they have to find a developmental LT in next years draft--Nate may only have another two years left at his current level.

yeah ... please explain those reasons. Because the way I see it, he might struggle even MORE there. The best pass rushers in the NFL line up over the right side these days. You need to be just as good at RT as you are at LT.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#879 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:
TrentTucker6 wrote:I know the Giants had to overpay, but this essentially sets two positions on the OL (Flowers to RT--where I think he'll be a top ten player at that position for a number of reasons) allows them to bring Wheeler along slowly, and pick a cheap vet at guard and draft another in the first three rounds. If the Giants pick a QB--he will be able to step in next year with a cohesive line. Having said that if they aren't sold on Wheeler, they have to find a developmental LT in next years draft--Nate may only have another two years left at his current level.

yeah ... please explain those reasons. Because the way I see it, he might struggle even MORE there. The best pass rushers in the NFL line up over the right side these days. You need to be just as good at RT as you are at LT.

I was against Flowers the moment we drafted him - never bought the hype and he's been atrocious so far. That said, lining him up at RT would at least keep him off the blind side, which would, in turn, make him look better because the QB would be able to see the rush coming. Top 10 RT might be pushing it, but I do think he'll play better there even if he is going against better pass rushers.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#880 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Da_Mane_Man wrote:

I was against Flowers the moment we drafted him - never bought the hype and he's been atrocious so far. That said, lining him up at RT would at least keep him off the blind side, which would, in turn, make him look better because the QB would be able to see the rush coming. Top 10 RT might be pushing it, but I do think he'll play better there even if he is going against better pass rushers.

I refuse to believe Flowers is this bad. Everybody had a bad year. Man up and play better. He's in the same book as Apple. Wont be surprised if CB and OL are selected early.

Return to New York Knicks