And1: 79

A REAL Hockey Forum 

Post#1 » by Sashobe » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 am

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Re: A REAL Hockey Forum 

Post#2 » by Scott Hall » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 am

Were you a hockey fan before the Knights? or have you caught the bug of Knights mania?
Sashobe
Starter
And1: 79

Post#3 » by Sashobe » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 am

Scott Hall wrote:

Were you a hockey fan before the Knights? or have you caught the bug of Knights mania?

I have been a casual NHL fan before this, I was huge into the Wranglers when they were in town and Thunder when I was a kid. For NHL, I never embraced a team. I usually just watched whatever game I saw in passing, but it was harder to get into without the emotional connection to a team. As soon as the Knights season ticket deposits opened up, I put the money down without hesitation. I love the sport and now I finally have an emotional tie to the game with getting the first team in the city I was raised.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Sashobe wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

I have been a casual NHL fan before this, I was huge into the Wranglers when they were in town and Thunder when I was a kid. For NHL, I never embraced a team. I usually just watched whatever game I saw in passing, but it was harder to get into without the emotional connection to a team. As soon as the Knights season ticket deposits opened up, I put the money down without hesitation. I love the sport and now I finally have an emotional tie to the game with getting the first team in the city I was raised.

That's how it was for me. Casual fan until I had a team to emotionally attach myself to. Die hard since. It's such a great game... wish I knew how to bottle that and sell it to the unwashed sports fan.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#5 » by Scott Hall » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:34 am

Sashobe wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Love stories like these...

I remember seeing highlights as a kid of Thunder games on sports news channels when Radek Bonk was a big
star for you guys. My cousin used to always go to Vegas for "Frozen Fury" I was always wondering why when
you can get so much hockey here and he said the atmosphere was unreal.

I've been rooting for you guys to succeed since day one because I want the game to grow in the States and be
in great passionate markets so I've watched since the first game and it really is the "miracle in the desert".
One of the best sports stories ever.

You can tell Vegas is already a top 5 market in the league... I'm really curious how loud and crazy it will be there
for the playoffs with North America watching every game. I've been following a bunch of Knights Media people
and several fans on twitter to get a pulse of what's been going on.

And I totally get what you mean I just can't be one of those people that become fans of teams in other cities
it just doesn't feel authentic to me and it's not the same having it in your own backyard.

As for the playoffs I can tell you other sports fans that aren't the biggest hockey fans usually all say the same thing
and that is the NHL playoffs are the best playoffs in all of sports. Every little thing matters your heart rate, blood pressure
and anxiety will quadruple and your passion for the game/team will grow even more. Make sure to experience as many
playoff games as you can at sports bars, or with friends, or if T-Mobile has big screen TV's set up outside so you can soak
up the atmosphere and feel connected to the city it will be memories that last a lifetime.

As for the Kings... wow just wow.... The team that played all those "Frozen Fury" games trying to establish the market,
geographically close, Knights vs. Kings, Silver vs. Gold just the makings of a great rivalry.

Rooting for the miracle in the desert to keep going to see that future disney movie about the expansion Knights
or at the very least an ESPN 30/30 special.
Cassidy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Cassidy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:52 am

Return to Vegas Golden Knights