ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Likely To Stretch Noah After Sept 1st

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,202

Re: Knicks Likely To Stretch Joakim Noah After Sept. 1st per wiretap 

Post#81 » by DOT » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Honestly, what we should've done is trade KOQ and keep Noah as the backup for the next couple years

His money's just gonna sit on our cap regardless, and he could probably play 15 mpg

what if that was explored and there were no takers?

Don't know, honestly. But there was the rumor that the Warriors wanted him, so I doubt we couldn't've got something for him.

I don't like the idea of selling at any cost, and while I like KOQ and in a perfect world I'd keep him as a backup, there's no reason to be spending half the cap next year on Cs especially when KP should be playing more minutes there

Dude is a good backup, but Noah can provide a similar impact imo and we're pretty much stuck with him. So really no use in paying KOQ
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,872

Post#82 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
this makes the most sense...it makes more sense than paying KOQ 10 million a year. Noah can be a 15-20 minute a night backup IMO.

Kinda like how Eli Apple is getting a fresh start with the giants new regime and coaching staff...once we fire Jeff hopefully we consider to bring back NOah before we extend KOQ to a contract we will regret (and i like kyle)

What about KOQ starting ($10m per), Noah backing him up, and Kanter elsewhere via opt-out?

I can live with that scenario but if we are really trying to get a big time FA to come paying KOQ 10 million still makes no sense. Basically you don't pay role players before you know what your roster looks like.

Outside of Frank/KP and whoever we draft we have no idea how this franchise will look.

I would rather just blow up the roster next year and give KP most the year off recovering and try to draft high one more time.

I know that won't happen though so yes I would prefer KOQ and Noah rather than Kanter and KOQ with a noah stretch.

if they like KO as the starting 5 going forward it does. i agree that i might not want to spend that if he's going to be a backup still.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#83 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:52 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Honestly, what we should've done is trade KOQ and keep Noah as the backup for the next couple years

His money's just gonna sit on our cap regardless, and he could probably play 15 mpg

what if that was explored and there were no takers?

Don't know, honestly. But there was the rumor that the Warriors wanted him, so I doubt we couldn't've got something for him.

I don't like the idea of selling at any cost, and while I like KOQ and in a perfect world I'd keep him as a backup, there's no reason to be spending half the cap next year on Cs especially when KP should be playing more minutes there

Dude is a good backup, but Noah can provide a similar impact imo and we're pretty much stuck with him. So really no use in paying KOQ

i agree. love KO, but noah can do that. if he gets paid, i'd think it'd be to finally start at the 5.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#84 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Sark wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:Anyone else think how absurd it is that people are thinking of giving KOQ a 10 mill contract?

Yes. If we were a playoff team, we'd need him. But what's the point of paying a backup center that much money when we're just going to suck again.

in this CBA he's definitely worth that number. 3/30 sounds fair. we just don't need him. love him, but not an area of need. might as well give kornet a cheap deal and let him play more next year. same for hicks at the 4.

use the noah window as an incubation period for younger, cheaper players.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#85 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 pm

rajajackal wrote:
Greenie wrote:
2010 wrote:
What about KOQ starting ($10m per), Noah backing him up, and Kanter elsewhere via opt-out?

My Body...

not sure about salary, but this is what i am generally hoping for. keep KOQ for cheap, let noah play 2nd string, kanter walks. have enjoyed kanter's time here as a team guy and a producer during our winning stretch, but he makes very little sense in the team's plans

Problem is we don’t know what the plan is. This team stays lying to us.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#86 » by Red Vines » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

They'll pretend he's coming back so they can try to trade him one last time.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Post#87 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Red Vines wrote:They'll pretend he's coming back so they can try to trade him one last time.

they definitely will try to trade him again
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#88 » by Besart19 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Capn'O wrote:Don't stretch. If you want him out next year, just buy him out FFS.

If Kanter opts in, I would retain him for 18-20 min per game as a backup C...

Kanter / Noah / Hicks / Kornet
Beasley / Draft / Hayes / KP6
Draft / Williams / Thomas / SL
Hardaway / Lee / Dotson / Baker
Ntilikina / Burke / Mudiay / Jack
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#89 » by Besart19 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Red Vines wrote:They'll pretend he's coming back so they can try to trade him one last time.

they definitely will try to trade him again

Noah, Timmy or Lee, Mudiay and Chi 2nd for Batum and MGK
Strength and Honour!
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#90 » by vallen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:32 pm

stretching would be such a Knicks move. just wait it out. what is you target ? are we rebuilding or not ?

and then the time line. we have so many other bad deals that were just going to keep flip flopping bad contracts without ever getting into position to be serious buyers. 2020 should be the target FA date, while trying to remove Timmy and adding more assets. We would be left with a re-signed KP, Frank, and 2 more rookies. we would have enough to add 2 Max Cats, and extra to fill in holes. Also make the plan known so players know we actually have a plan for a change and they also have time to think about the possibilities of a life in NY with all the BS left behind.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#91 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Goodbye AD Giannis KP supateam up in New York

that wasn't happening.

1 down 2 to go

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#92 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Related news?

Jabari Parker's tenure with the Milwaukee Bucks was reportedly close to ending leading up to the Feb. 8 NBA trade deadline.

During a radio interview on 105.7 The Fan's Chuck & Winkler, Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times said Parker was "very, very close to being traded at the deadline."

Woelfel also added he feels there is a "slim to none" chance Parker will be on the Bucks next year.

Parker has had a successful return from a torn ACL suffered in February 2017. The 23-year-old is averaging 11.4 points per game off the bench and is shooting a career-high 50.6 percent overall.

Per Woelfel, Parker will seek a max contract when he signs his next deal.

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#93 » by GEOLINK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm

El Poochio wrote:Related news?

Jabari Parker's tenure with the Milwaukee Bucks was reportedly close to ending leading up to the Feb. 8 NBA trade deadline.

During a radio interview on 105.7 The Fan's Chuck & Winkler, Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times said Parker was "very, very close to being traded at the deadline."

Woelfel also added he feels there is a "slim to none" chance Parker will be on the Bucks next year.

Parker has had a successful return from a torn ACL suffered in February 2017. The 23-year-old is averaging 11.4 points per game off the bench and is shooting a career-high 50.6 percent overall.

Sigh...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#94 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:33 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Sigh...

god, no.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#95 » by King of Canada » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:35 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Sigh...

I wonder who the team was? :(
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#96 » by MP4LIFE » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Classic Knicks.
El Poochio

Post#97 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:48 pm

King of Canada wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Sigh...

I wonder who the team was? :(

THJ FOR JABARI

egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#98 » by egelband » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:43 pm

He might be pretty effective and healthy after almost two years off.
I dunno.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#99 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 pm

This is Noah's agent and complete ****. Keep him on the roster while we assemble a **** mega tank next year. Then cut him Fall 2019 ... there's zero benefit for this franchise, it's fans or anyone who wants to get going in the right direction to cut him this Fall.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#100 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 pm

egelband wrote:He might be pretty effective and healthy after almost two years off.

So what? He's old and not part of any real future? He's untradable in any year but his last year as an expiring. If he's good (which I completely doubt) then he hurts our tank.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to New York Knicks