ImageImage

Anything Goes Thread 5.0

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Re: Anything Goes Thread 5.0 

Post#721 » by PDXKnight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I watch Embiid and it just makes me wish so much that Greg had stayed healthy.

I still refuse to state that the traditional center as we knew it is dead. Unfortunately the 2 franchise changing centers (Oden and Embeiid) of the last decade have had a good amount of injury problems. I maintain that a team that goes against GS's example and has a top tier dominant center can win a title in this league. I simply cannot see GS having an answer for a center like Embeiid, I'd absolutely love to see them try to put Draymond on him!

As with any good team there would, of course, need to be talent to compliment a dominant center but there's zero reason why a player like embeiid cannot be a centerpiece if he stays healthy.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#722 » by Sinobas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:11 am

I just won the internet. :nod:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#723 » by Revived » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 am

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,827

Post#724 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Also misleading. Portland has one second-year player and he's terrible. Portland sent Swanigan down to the g-league this year to help develop and the majority of those minutes are from Collins' receiving true rotational minutes. Considering 885 minutes of those 1146 are minutes Collins plays and he's playing more minutes this month than last, I say Portland absolutely has an eye on the future. Also Portland had the fourth youngest roster at the start of the season so it isn't like they're old and decrepit.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

The loss of common sense 

Post#725 » by d-train » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 am

I'm not calling for a boycott. I don't believe in that. I just want to say, I'm not doing business with Starbucks anymore. I don't want to patronize a business that doesn't support their workers. It's not my business what a company pays its workers, but I'm not going to give money to company that treats its employee's badly.

I don't know what Starbucks policy is towards loitering. Starbucks has the right to expect their employees to enforce their written and communicated policies regarding loitering. But, unless their policy is to allow and encourage loitering under any circumstance, then they should back the judgement of their employees.

I'm a longtime Starbucks customer. Occasionally, I have loitered at Starbucks. But, I would never hangout somewhere I'm not wanted. Nobody even has to ask me to leave. If someone looks at me like I'm not welcome, I leave. When I am someplace where I am a visitor, I feel I am there at the pleasure of my host. And, I must leave if my host isn't feeling the pleasure.

Starbucks not only is not supporting their employees. They are calling them racists. It seems to me all the evidence that someone is acting based on skin color goes against Starbucks. Unless, Starbucks employees failed to enforce a written policy allowing loitering even in a case someone is asked to leave.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,827

Post#726 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am

I'm going to go ahead and unsticky our beloved (neglected) AGT. We've only had like four posts since the start of the season and I think we usually just add random thoughts into game threads, and that's okay

Return to Portland Trail Blazers