Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Re: Future draft classes 

Post#1661 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 am

reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's another Herren ballin.......rad.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1662 » by GimmeDat » Fri Mar 9, 2018 12:58 pm

I just wanted to drop his name in here nice and early for people, even though he's years off - Tamuri Wigness.

He's 15, has been dominating in Australia, putting up big stats playing for Queensland, I remember him putting up a few 40+ point games. Here he is at 14 years old -

Then today I came across this footage of him going against Oklahoma, playing for our professional NBL team Cairns Taipans (he's just like a practice player so still college eligible). Has some time on head to head with Trae Young as well -

Box score is here, he had 10 points in 16 minutes, with 2 assists, 2 boards and a steal, no TO's, and if you watch the footage a bunch of other great passes that could've led to buckets as well.

http://www.soonersports.com/pdf9/5452514.pdf

It's early days and I'm sure you guys aren't too interested in looking that far ahead, but top Australian prospects are few and far between so I've been looking in to what I can about him. He's 5'9 as far as I'm aware, maybe a little bit taller now, so his physical growth will have a lot to do with his upside, but he has phenom like speed, shiftiness, handles, etc., and a strong shooter to boot.

I think he's destined for some pretty big things. Didn't look out of his depth at all, heck probably the best player on the court, against grown pro's/D1 college players, at his height and at 15. He and Josh Green are the only Australians with NBA upside that I'm aware of in the next 5+ years.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1663 » by Marcus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:13 pm

GimmeDat wrote:I just wanted to drop his name in here nice and early for people, even though he's years off - Tamuri Wigness.

He's 15, has been dominating in Australia, putting up big stats playing for Queensland, I remember him putting up a few 40+ point games. Here he is at 14 years old -

Then today I came across this footage of him going against Oklahoma, playing for our professional NBL team Cairns Taipans (he's just like a practice player so still college eligible). Has some time on head to head with Trae Young as well -

Box score is here, he had 10 points in 16 minutes, with 2 assists, 2 boards and a steal, no TO's, and if you watch the footage a bunch of other great passes that could've led to buckets as well.

It's early days and I'm sure you guys aren't too interested in looking that far ahead, but top Australian prospects are few and far between so I've been looking in to what I can about him. He's 5'9 as far as I'm aware, maybe a little bit taller now, so his physical growth will have a lot to do with his upside, but he has phenom like speed, shiftiness, handles, etc., and a strong shooter to boot.

I think he's destined for some pretty big things. Didn't look out of his depth at all, heck probably the best player on the court, against grown pro's/D1 college players, at his height and at 15. He and Josh Green are the only Australians with NBA upside that I'm aware of in the next 5+ years.

Im actually starting to look into the 2021 draft class and beyond so this is perfect sir. Thank you for the post.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,462

Post#1664 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:27 pm

McDonald's All American week is here. The practices are much more important than the game itself, scouting reports on the practices tend to be pretty solid info.

From the Duke player's perspective, lots of reports that Zion has lost a tremendous amount of weight and looks to be in great shape.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1665 » by No-Man » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:31 pm

I have seen some stuff from White looking good, he is gonna have a great opportunity, probably starting at PG for UNC next year, he is a talented scorer and has some vision, Nassir Little is also underrated, I think he can get picked top5 next year

Also sounds like EJ Montgomery might be Crean's first recruit to Georgia, Duke didn't make much sense with their depth, and Auburn, UNC and UK are also loaded teams in the frontcourt, Georgia has Hammonds, Claxton and Ogbeide, but there are easier ways to fit him there, Crean has always been good at selling his vision.

Langford is the guy left, probably Vanderbilt I guess, I think Brandon Williams and Doutrive end up at Arizona, and Jordan Brown, who imo, isn't good, probably could be between the Wildcats and California
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#1666 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 pm

If Newman ends up leaving KU while his stock is hot, I'd think Romeo ends up in Lawrence.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,069

Post#1667 » by The-Power » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:McDonald's All American week is here. The practices are much more important than the game itself, scouting reports on the practices tend to be pretty solid info.

Any sites you'd recommend to get quick and detailed scouting reports on the practices?
TYO23
Freshman
And1: 60

Post#1668 » by TYO23 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:17 pm

The-Power wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:McDonald's All American week is here. The practices are much more important than the game itself, scouting reports on the practices tend to be pretty solid info.

Any sites you'd recommend to get quick and detailed scouting reports on the practices?

Rivals does a solid job of that.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1669 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:27 pm

TYO23 wrote:
The-Power wrote:

Rivals does a solid job of that.

Sadly DX usually had a pretty good write up on it, but we know how that is now. Evan Daniels twitter is pretty solid for quick updates on the guys. You get little things like

"North Carolina signee Coby White has had two good days of practices at McDonald’s. Playing with his normal energy and has shot it very well from three."

"Maryland signee Jalen “Sticks” Smith has had some nice moments at McDonald’s practices. The development of his jump shot is a game changer. Keeps improving."

Eric Bossi is another one that does that (I believe he writes the Rivals summary at the end of it). Jason Jordan does a little less talking about their play, but he is usually pretty reliable for uploading a good amount of clips. So ya I would say check those 3 guys out for up to the minute takes during the practices. And probably Rivals will have the best summary at the end of it all. Wouldnt be shocked if Daniels has a write up for 247 either.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#1670 » by Justwar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:46 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:If Newman ends up leaving KU while his stock is hot, I'd think Romeo ends up in Lawrence.

Worst kept secret, Romeo is going to play for Indiana
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#1671 » by anthony00 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 pm

zion looks slimmer
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#1672 » by Justwar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 pm

I just hope people hold expectations on him. He's not as good as a Bagley for example
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1673 » by Marcus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 pm

anthony00 wrote:zion looks slimmer

Zion so mf'n powerful man.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1674 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 3, 2018 11:42 pm

Marcus wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I just wanted to drop his name in here nice and early for people, even though he's years off - Tamuri Wigness.

Im actually starting to look into the 2021 draft class and beyond so this is perfect sir. Thank you for the post.

If you happen to be interested in looking in to him a bit more, he's playing in the u16 Asian Championship right now. Here's the stream of his 1st game against Malaysia, turns in to a blow out quickly so you really only get a good look at him in the 1st quarter or so.

Best Aussie prospect since Simmons, imo. What I love is that despite all the scoring instincts it seems like he's got a great handle on the PG position, great vision and execution on his passes and doesn't overdribble the ball. Highly active defensively, too, had 4 steals in 22 mins in this game and always making his opponent uncomfortable.

He's a stud, just needs to grow, I think if he got to 6'3/6'4+ he'd be a top prospect for his class.

*Update - played against NZ and had 24 points on 10/10 shooting, including 3/3 from 3.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,791

Post#1675 » by zimpy27 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 12:00 am

I'm predicting poor draft years from 2020-2023 and then a collection of great drafts from 2023-2026, then a sharp decline in talent for a few years.

Draft talent seems to correlate well with birth population by year, the lower the birth year the less competition or probability you get great talent. Look forward 19 years and we are coming up to post-9/11, the big dip will come post-financial crisis of 2007 (so 2026 onwards looks bleak).

Because of that I believe one of the greatest NBA careers and potentially future GOAT will be spawned from a player drafted in the 2023-2026 era. With two troughs on either side of him meaning he has less competition to be successful early and successful later into his career than just about any great has before. I see that 2023-2026 era being one of the greatest in NBA history.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,641

Post#1676 » by peZt » Fri Apr 6, 2018 6:14 am

He's playing right now with Australia against Korea at the Asia U16 Championship
;spfreload=10

Also another possible NBA prospect to keep an eye out on is Chikara Tanaka from Japan. Like Wigness he's 1 year younger than the competition and has been Japans best player. Like Rui Hachimura he's also half american half japanese.
Japan game is in an hour
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1677 » by No-Man » Fri Apr 6, 2018 11:58 am

If Duke gets Montgomery I bet you he outplays Bolden and DeLaurier and ends up starting

Duke could go Fab Five starting 5 frosh next year

Jones-Goldwire
Barrett-O'Connell
Reddish-White
Williamson-DeLaurier-Robinson
Montgomery-Bolden-Vrankovic

Vrankovic and White should def redshirt by the way, not gonna get any playing time, but they might in the future, and both are legit prospects for Euro-hoops
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1678 » by No-Man » Sat Apr 7, 2018 6:34 pm

KU loosing Newman and Vick sure helps them make a case to Langford, I guess ultimately he goes to IU or Vandy where he would have more shots and chances to shine though.

Kansas is still loaded

Moore-Dotson
Garrett-Grimes
KLawson-Cunliffe-Agbaji
DLawson-Lightfoot
Azubuike-de Sousa-McCormack
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1679 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 6:40 pm

Fischella wrote:If Duke gets Montgomery I bet you he outplays Bolden and DeLaurier and ends up starting

Jones-Goldwire
Barrett-O'Connell
Reddish-White

Vrankovic and White should def redshirt by the way, not gonna get any playing time, but they might in the future, and both are legit prospects for Euro-hoops

EJ isnt coming to Duke.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1680 » by No-Man » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:25 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Fischella wrote:If Duke gets Montgomery I bet you he outplays Bolden and DeLaurier and ends up starting

Jones-Goldwire
Barrett-O'Connell
Reddish-White

EJ isnt coming to Duke.

I think it depends on who leaves/stays at UK, but otherwise Duke is next for him, before Carolina, Georgia and Vandy

Return to NBA Draft