Draft Prospect Stats, Future Draft Pick Details, Capulator, Trade Checker

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: Draft Prospect, Rookie and MVP Candidate Stats, Draft Pick Protection Details, etc 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 am

I can't say I'm a drafting expert here, but from what I've seen from players and what I know about the Suns, I have a pretty strong opinion about who I want to take with what may be their most important pick in decades.

Tier 1: Transcendant Superstars.

De'Andre Ayton
One look at Ayton and you can tell he is going to have a good career in the NBA. He has a built frame and the strength of an ox, but he is lean enough to be extremely mobile. His physical tools are going to ensure that he will be a 70+ percent scorer by the basket and a beast on the boards. The near identical conference/non-conference play is good evidence for this.
While Ayton's physical tools are overwhelming, what really sets him apart is his skill and touch. Ayton shoots 74% from the line already, which is important because he is 8th in the Pac-10 in FTA. He has a jumper that is growing and while not a sharpshooter, can hit those face-up and turnaround jumpers that will separate him from other guys his size. He has the foundation for a versatile offensive arsenal.
I don't think he will be a game-changing defender, but what excites me is his ability to defend without fouling. Ayton averages 2.5 PFs a game (3.0 per 40), and we know from Marquese's profoundly disappointing play just how important staying out of foul trouble is to maintaining a nice long career in the NBA. A slight issue I found offensively is that he rarely drives to the basket on face-up opportunities, preferring to shoot most of the time. It's something to keep an eye on, but I think he will have easier time with better spacing and coaching at the next level. Also, he got off to a very hot start, but his most recent play has been slightly more human, and tons of draft evaluators seem very easily swayed by first impressions, so I take the continual placement of Ayton at number 1 on most draft boards with a huge grain of salt.

Luka Doncic
The Slovenian Supernova that is Luka Doncic averages 23 PTS, 6.6 AST, and 8 REBs per 36 in the second most competitive league in the world at 18 years of age. His ball handling is transcendent for his size, allowing him to break down most wings and shoot over most guards. He is only shooting 33% from 3, but at a high and consistent volume of 5 attempts per game. From inside the arc he shoots an impressive 59%, with picky and crafty shot selection and ability to finish with both hands (possibly the most underrated offensive skill as of late). What has everybody talking, however, is Luka's incredible passing. He has the vision and IQ to make the right reads in very short intervals of time, often being able to bail himself out driving full speed to the basket or in mid-air. This will be incredibly useful handling the ball in pnr scenarios, where he really does remind me of an inverse LeBron, creating from outside-in instead of inside-out. I can see him becoming a tremendous playmaker.
His major weaknesses as of now are his average leaping ability and lateral quickness. He will not be able to finish at the rim at an elite level on high volume like Lebron, so his game will have to come from elite outside shooting, which he may struggle with early on as he's proven to be a bit streaky. His shooting must be good enough to make teams pay when they put shorter guards on him, because he's going to really have to work hard on offense when being defended by Paul George/Jimmy Butler/Josh Jackson types if he isn't quick enough to get by them. Defensively, he suffers from a problem that most oversized PGs share, which is that he isn't quick enough to contain the Dennis Smith/Kyrie/Westbrook types of uber explosive guards, so his team must have another guard or wing to switch onto the PG. Lonzo doesn't have this privilege, but the Suns might w/ JJ. Luka has his weaknesses but the sheer talent he displays is unprecedented for his age. He seems like he could be a perfect fit here, and I would personally take him with the number one pick as of today (although it really is close).

Tier 2: Potential All-Star Talent

Michael Porter Jr.
If this young post scorer was healthy this year, he may have moved into tier 1. As of now, his lack of play at the collegiate level replaces a near-guaranteed conference topping statline with a bunch of question marks. I say near-guaranteed because MPJr has one of the purest scoring games I have seen in years. He gets a lot of his offense from the high post, and scores with his beautiful turnaround jumpshot and infinitely deep supply of crafty fakes and subversions. At 6-10 with a 7-1 wingspan and a high release point, he has enough size to shoot over most non-centers, and he has the speed to easily take frontcourt players off the dribble. His footwork is crisp for his age, and he doesn't seem to be afraid of shooting through contact and in tough game situations. He is also athletic and big enough to fill lanes and finish in spectacular fashion in the open floor. At his best I see him as a more athletically gifted Jayson Tatum, which should drop the pants of everyone who is watching that young man light it up on the Celtics. Defensively he has all the tools, but I haven't seen enough to really judge either way.
I've seen people compare MPJr to Kevin Durant and Garnett, and I absolutely see the mix of size, speed and skill that would put him in the same tier as those players, but I really want to see what role coaches put him in before jumping on that bandwagon. I don't think he is quite as fast as Durant is, or quite as strong as Garnett is. Injury history is really the biggest concern - anything to do with the spine really scares me. That is why the news that he may come back this season is so game changing. We may just get the taste we need to inspire confidence taking him top 3. He might just become the best player of the draft, but we need to see more first.

Mohammed Bamba
I knew the Muslim population of France is growing exorbitantly, but I didn't think you would convert Rudy!
In all seriousness, Mo Bamba is the spitting image of the stifle tower and will likely become a similarly efficient player. He is averaging 14 PTS and !!!!!!!!5 BLOCKS!!!!!!!!! per 40 for the Longhorns, and his borderline-human physical tools will allow him to continue his tradition of paint tyranny. He is shooting an okay and improving 67% from the line and is even taking threes, albeit at a very low volume and even lower efficiency. I see him with the same offensive limitations as Gobert as well, and will likely just become an inside presence, but the development of that corner three could put another weapon in his incredibly long arms. He must fill out as well, but it seems those Texas steaks are doing him some good already. He is much surer thing than the likes of Bagley and JJJ in my mind, as his role is already carved out and his means of filling that rebounding, rim-protecting, oop-finishing role seems to already be there. While he may never make an all star game, he can be an all-star level game changer in his less flashy but equally important role. As a Suns fan I really think we need another creator, but his fit as a defensive anchor and rim protector is undeniably a need for us.

Jaren Jackson Jr
I was a bit iffy about Jonathan Isaac last year, and JJJ is a very comparable player. Their statlines are nearly indistinguishable, with one key difference. JJJ is a better rim protector, averaging a Bamba-challenging 3.8 blocks per game in conference play (an unbelievable 6.7 per 40), and although he logged less steals per game, I believe he has the same versatility as Isaac. JJJ may end up being the best defender in the draft, and that says a lot considering the subject of the paragraph above is there too. JJJ has 1-on-1 defensive chops, can fill passing lanes, protect the rim at an elite level, and even rotate on the perimeter for brief stretches. Another key difference between the two is 3pt shooting, where Jaren has consistently improved each month, culminating in a ridiculous 53% January (3 attempts per game). That is extremely promising for reaching a versatile, Draymond Green type of role.
The weaknesses I find are firstly his limited offensive weapons beyond finishing. JJJ has athleticism and a fantastic motor, but his inability to create on the block will hold him back. He's gonna get a lot of his offense off of outlet passes and cuts into the paint, and his physical tools aren't quite as overpowering as Ayton/Bamba's. The biggest weakness as of now is his propensity for fouling. JJJ averages 5.9 fouls per 40 in conference play, which is nearly double the fouls tallied by Bamba and Ayton and triple the rate of Bagley. Like I mentioned earlier, Chriss serves as an example of what happens to foul prone bigs early in their careers. Chriss averaged about 1 more foul per 40, but JJJ's rate is still high enough to be a big red flag.
Finally, JJJ is the youngest player towards the top of the draft, turning 19 in September. He is half a year younger than both Bagley and Doncic, and will likely be the youngest player in the NBA come season's start.

These next two are in the same tier, but to me are more boom and more bust than the previous two. Call it Tier Alt-2..?

Marvin Bagley III
Although just a few months ago MB3 was heralded as a clear top 3 pick, his draft stock has recently felt a bit of turbulence as weaknesses began to show themselves in his game. Marvin is a clear example of one of those guys who would be totally unstoppable if he developed a jumpshot. He is already averaging 21 PPG over a blistering 121 ORTG, and that is with leaving points at the line (only 62% FT) and on the perimeter (31% on mostly wide open looks). Everything else is there. He is budding with his back towards the basket, with a nice dropstep and a beautiful left-handed (his strong hand) hook. His touch around the rim is feathery, and it is complimented by an athletic package that is more than enough to hold his own at the next level. He has speed and enough handles in the open floor to be a freight train in transition. Although streaky he can get a mid-range jumper going and it opens up the rest of his game, and he knows how to get to the line (7 FTAs per), I'm extremely impressed with his rebounding as well, averaging 4.4 offensive boards in conference play. He is certainly in contention for best athlete of the bunch. He is young, only turning 19 in March (half a month younger than Luka), and has plenty of time to put that jumper together. If he does that and adds a better right hand he could become one of the best offensive bigs in the game.
Defensively he has been slightly disappointing thus far. Although he stays out of foul trouble that is just as indicative of his less than stellar defensive motor as it is his incredible physical tools. He hasn't shown the same shot-blocking prowess of other bigs on this list, but his 1.4 steals per game is nice. Although not a defensive anchor, Bagley can be a versatile defender and is able to switch on both forward spots very comfortably as of now. Time will tell if he gains enough weight to guard NBA centers.
Overall, while MB3s play has been dipping as the season goes on, he is an incredibly young, incredibly athletic and talented player who is first in the conference in PER and must absolutely be considered as soon as Doncic and Ayton are off the board. The Suns need more shooting, but it would be tough to pass up on a power forward as gifted as this - especially a home grown one - and especially with the cashmere softness shown by the pair of top 10 picks we gambled on 2 years ago.

Trae Young
Finally, the player most of the board has been drooling over. Trae Young is obviously making history right now, and although my overhype detectors went off last year with the last freshman PG sensation, Trae Young might actually be worth a top 5 pick in the draft.
Trae's biggest strength is not his shooting, as most people think; it is actually his ability to get to the line. Trae is crafty, commands limitless space, and has impressive handles. He uses fakes nearly constantly, and is always weaving left and right when going towards the basket, as opposed to Josh Jackson-like straight line drives. He has a James Harden-like quality to him, and by the way uses the same cheesy shooting through the defender's arm move. In conference play, Trae takes 11.7 FTs a game, at free throw rate that sits snuggly between Curry and Harden's. Getting to the line is indicative of high scoring and high efficiency scoring, and breeds consistency. He also makes them when he gets there (83%). This puts him in stark contrast to that last guy from UCLA, who averaged 2.7 FTs a game.
That of course isn't to say his shooting isn't phenomenal. For all the threes he takes (11 attempts a game!!!!) and the level of difficulty he's taking them at it is incredible he can maintain 36% in conference. His form is textbook, his release is lightning quick, and he can take shots either from a standstill, moving left and right, and even stepping back. His shot selection has been wild as of late, but I'm sure he will reign it in when he's on a team with talent on it. The transition 3 will be a consistent weapon for him, and a lineup with him on it will be much better pushing the pace because of the defensive attention he commands. I'm excited to see him coming off of screens and curls. He is quick enough to get free, and I'm sure he will be relieved getting open shots for once.
Trae's passing has been very up and down. He shows great vision, and has a good touch on his passes, but gets very ambitious and looks to make THE pass instead of the RIGHT pass. While it is impressive that he reads through plays and understands where the ball needs to be to score, he must learn more restraint. While he can be a very good passer at the next level, Nash comparisons seem extremely premature. Averaging 9 assists is great if it doesn't come with 7 turnovers, but those turnovers are also a product of the insane amount of possessions Trae must handle the ball in.
Driving to the basket shows a bit of an area of concern for Trae and that is finishing inside. He is small and light at the college level, and he cannot play above the rim like a Donovan Mitchel or Dennis Smith can, which puts him at a huge disadvantage. I've seen him make brilliant moves to the basket, only to get his shot obliterated by a rim protector. The more he learns to make pocket passes to cutting teammates the more efficient he will be in those scenarios, bc as of now it seems like he will struggle in the NBA.
This recent game against Iowa was also a bit concerning. He got outplayed by Lindell Wigginton and locked up by a bad defensive team, and if that continues against more PG rivals it will become a deal-breaker for me. This is something Trae may have in common with that bust out in LA, if you remember how hard he got embarrassed against De'Aaron Fox. (sorry for all the unmitigated Zo hate, but I **** CALLED IT)
The biggest weakness for Trae is his defense. He is certainly quick, but he doesn't have the strength or athleticism to stay with bigger guards. One thing that must be noted is that Trae attacks on offense for the majority of games, and will inevitably take a few plays off out of exhaustion. That will improve with a smaller role in the league. Even so, with below average size and length, he doesn't project to be a particularly good defender in the league.
As primary ball handlers become bigger and bigger, Trae may not the most future-proof kind of player. Big backcourts have become a winning strategy, and I think the 6-7" Luka is a better option on both ends for us. NBA lineups are trending towards five 6-7" guys.

Great post.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Re: Draft Prospect, Rookie and MVP Candidate Stats, Draft Pick Protection Details, etc 

Post#42 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:38 am

Been keeping an eye on mock drafts and watching footage. Robert Williams looks like the real deal, sleeper pick. Ranked as having the 3rd best upside in the draft, despite being projected at 12-15 range. 6'9" 240 but has a crazy near 7'6" wingspan. We've seen it in Kawhi, Giannis and Gobert in recent years. Guys with these ratios and athleticism are high impact players with star potential many times. One scout says if he ever recognizes his full potential he will be a multi year all star.

I really hope West has his eye on this kid. I can see Harrell remaining our main bench big and this guy being our starting PF for years to come.

Can anyone who watches him play a lot give me their views?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#43 » by GimmeDat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:30 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Been keeping an eye on mock drafts and watching footage. Robert Williams looks like the real deal, sleeper pick. Ranked as having the 3rd best upside in the draft, despite being projected at 12-15 range. 6'9" 240 but has a crazy near 7'6" wingspan. We've seen it in Kawhi, Giannis and Gobert in recent years. Guys with these ratios and athleticism are high impact players with star potential many times. One scout says if he ever recognizes his full potential he will be a multi year all star.

I really hope West has his eye on this kid. I can see Harrell remaining our main bench big and this guy being our starting PF for years to come.

My opinion is he's a C, not PF. His athleticism and reach is eye-popping, no doubt, and he should easily be able to be plugged in as a rim running, rim protecting C. A Deandre-lite, if you will. But he also has the issue of an inconsistent motor, and a low skill level. He's regressed to sub-50% on his FT's, for instance.

He's going to block shots at a high level, board well, and be a dynamic finisher at the rim, but I wouldn't expect him to expand his game outside of that. I would opint you to similar C prospects in the mid-1st range -

Daniel Gafford - He's also crazy athletic, a year younger, big time motor, gets to the FT line twice as often as Williams does, and shoots it at a better clip (not saying much, he's at 52%), however, it is a skill it looks like he's developing, and he's starting to show a jumper here and there in game as well. I would also add a better passer.

Johntay Porter - Very different skill-set, similarly exciting prospect. He's one of the youngest guys in college basketball, still only 18, he's not an above the rim player like the former two, but he can shoot it out to 3 (37% on the season), excellent passer for a big man, 11 boards and nearly 3 blocks per 40. Highly skilled, may still grow a bit, just a highly skilled big guy whose very well rounded and suited for the modern game. Michael Porter Jr's brother also, if you didn't assume.

I have both Porter and Gafford marginally above Williams at the moment.

However, it sounded like you were after a PF. Given your current pick range, I would suggest the following guy -

Kevin Knox - He's playing the 3 in college but I'd imagine he's more of a 4 in the NBA. Tools give him a very high ceiling, in theory, but I'm skeptical he puts it all together, he coasts through games a bit and doesn't make the most of his abilities. He's been consistently mocked as a lottery guy but it would not surprise me at all if he fell to just outside the lottery, where you guys are at the moment. Great physical profile, and can shoot the rock. High potential but might take time to find out whether he can get there.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#44 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 am

GimmeDat wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Been keeping an eye on mock drafts and watching footage. Robert Williams looks like the real deal, sleeper pick. Ranked as having the 3rd best upside in the draft, despite being projected at 12-15 range. 6'9" 240 but has a crazy near 7'6" wingspan. We've seen it in Kawhi, Giannis and Gobert in recent years. Guys with these ratios and athleticism are high impact players with star potential many times. One scout says if he ever recognizes his full potential he will be a multi year all star.

My opinion is he's a C, not PF. His athleticism and reach is eye-popping, no doubt, and he should easily be able to be plugged in as a rim running, rim protecting C. A Deandre-lite, if you will. But he also has the issue of an inconsistent motor, and a low skill level. He's regressed to sub-50% on his FT's, for instance.

He's going to block shots at a high level, board well, and be a dynamic finisher at the rim, but I wouldn't expect him to expand his game outside of that. I would opint you to similar C prospects in the mid-1st range -

Daniel Gafford - He's also crazy athletic, a year younger, big time motor, gets to the FT line twice as often as Williams does, and shoots it at a better clip (not saying much, he's at 52%), however, it is a skill it looks like he's developing, and he's starting to show a jumper here and there in game as well. I would also add a better passer.

Johntay Porter - Very different skill-set, similarly exciting prospect. He's one of the youngest guys in college basketball, still only 18, he's not an above the rim player like the former two, but he can shoot it out to 3 (37% on the season), excellent passer for a big man, 11 boards and nearly 3 blocks per 40. Highly skilled, may still grow a bit, just a highly skilled big guy whose very well rounded and suited for the modern game. Michael Porter Jr's brother also, if you didn't assume.

However, it sounded like you were after a PF. Given your current pick range, I would suggest the following guy -

Kevin Knox - He's playing the 3 in college but I'd imagine he's more of a 4 in the NBA. Tools give him a very high ceiling, in theory, but I'm skeptical he puts it all together, he coasts through games a bit and doesn't make the most of his abilities. He's been consistently mocked as a lottery guy but it would not surprise me at all if he fell to just outside the lottery, where you guys are at the moment. Great physical profile, and can shoot the rock. High potential but might take time to find out whether he can get there.

Great feedback. I'd love Knox, but most mocks I'm seeing have him going ahead of the Clippers pick from Detroit. Mock right now is Clippers at 11, Knox picked 10th. His comparison is Paul George/Tobias Harris on Draft net. Would be great if Hornets take firm lead over Pistons and their pick drops to 9 or 10 though.

Do you believe any possible franchise changers in this draft will be available 10-15? Or pretty much just the top 5?

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#45 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 am

Also what are the odds Trae Young falls down to 11 or 12?

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by GimmeDat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:39 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Great feedback. I'd love Knox, but most mocks I'm seeing have him going ahead of the Clippers pick from Detroit. Mock right now is Clippers at 11, Knox picked 10th. His comparison is Paul George/Tobias Harris on Draft net. Would be great if Hornets take firm lead over Pistons and their pick drops to 9 or 10 though.

Do you believe any possible franchise changers in this draft will be available 10-15? Or pretty much just the top 5?

I don't think there's any guys with the ceiling's of the top tier prospects, but I do think there's some guys who could turn out to be really good. I like Walker Jr. a lot, Gafford mentioned before has a big ceiling, Mitchell Robinson is another C I neglected to mention who might be going a little later due to not playing college, he has immense physical tools.

My opinion is that Sexton is going to go outside of the top 10, but that's because I see him more as a high level backup/possible starter. Others are really high on him and would tell you he has star power, so if he did fall that far, then he could possibly be a franchise changer depending on who you ask. There's no denying he has 'it' as a player. Some have him above Young right now, personally I find that a bit too reactionary, but that should say something to you if you're hoping for Young. Re: Young, I think there's a slim chance he slips out of the top 7, but I don't see him falling to 10 or further.

Miles Bridges is another big name that might end up being closer to a late lottery pick.

A lot of draft experts are big on Deandre Hunter and Zhaire Smith, and I also like them a lot. Despite their ceilings, they need to refine their offensive games a lot still, but they're two wings that make a lot of sense for you guys. High level defense that could potentially be big impact players in time.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#47 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:00 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

I don't think there's any guys with the ceiling's of the top tier prospects, but I do think there's some guys who could turn out to be really good. I like Walker Jr. a lot, Gafford mentioned before has a big ceiling, Mitchell Robinson is another C I neglected to mention who might be going a little later due to not playing college, he has immense physical tools.

My opinion is that Sexton is going to go outside of the top 10, but that's because I see him more as a high level backup/possible starter. Others are really high on him and would tell you he has star power, so if he did fall that far, then he could possibly be a franchise changer depending on who you ask. There's no denying he has 'it' as a player. Some have him above Young right now, personally I find that a bit too reactionary, but that should say something to you if you're hoping for Young. Re: Young, I think there's a slim chance he slips out of the top 7, but I don't see him falling to 10 or further.

Miles Bridges is another big name that might end up being closer to a late lottery pick.

A lot of draft experts are big on Deandre Hunter and Zhaire Smith, and I also like them a lot. Despite their ceilings, they need to refine their offensive games a lot still, but they're two wings that make a lot of sense for you guys. High level defense that could potentially be big impact players in time.

Trae Young is now falling out of most mock drafts top 10 and going to the Clippers at 11! This draft is suddenly looking very deep. Think he would be a good fit?

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by GimmeDat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:39 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Trae Young is now falling out of most mock drafts top 10 and going to the Clippers at 11! This draft is suddenly looking very deep. Think he would be a good fit?

I would be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10, but it is possible. There are basically 3 lottery level PG's in this draft - SGA, Sexton and Young, yet it's a team need for only a small percentage of lottery teams. Magic GM made a comment saying in the top 10 he will always draft the best player and work around it from there, but imo, there's a bunch of other players on a very similar tier to these PG's in the mid to late lottery, which could mean one or two of them slipping.

I could see Young going to NY if the Bulls take Mikal Bridges. Philly likely pass on Young. Charlotte need a backup point but if I was them I'd heavily lean towards one of SGA/Sexton instead due to team needs. This outcome would have Young on the board for your picks.

He's probably one of the most high variance picks in the whole draft though, definitely out of the lottery picks - I wouldn't blink if Orlando picked him @ 3, but if not for that, he's likely going a lot lower.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#49 » by WargamesX » Sun Apr 1, 2018 6:42 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

I would be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10, but it is possible. There are basically 3 lottery level PG's in this draft - SGA, Sexton and Young, yet it's a team need for only a small percentage of lottery teams. Magic GM made a comment saying in the top 10 he will always draft the best player and work around it from there, but imo, there's a bunch of other players on a very similar tier to these PG's in the mid to late lottery, which could mean one or two of them slipping.

I could see Young going to NY if the Bulls take Mikal Bridges. Philly likely pass on Young. Charlotte need a backup point but if I was them I'd heavily lean towards one of SGA/Sexton instead due to team needs. This outcome would have Young on the board for your picks.

He's probably one of the most high variance picks in the whole draft though, definitely out of the lottery picks - I wouldn't blink if Orlando picked him @ 3, but if not for that, he's likely going a lot lower.

I don't really see the knicks drafting Young with Burke playing so well (and the glut of PG they have in general). I would expect them to look at Miles or Knox if Mikal is taken.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
obispo
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#50 » by obispo » Wed Apr 4, 2018 9:33 am

every week doncic continues to amaze us, euroleague followers. an 18 year old kid is carrying a club like real madrid in consistency. his mental strength is as impressive as his physical strength. I am very curious to see what he will do in nba.

KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,523

Post#51 » by KHRICH » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Im getting a little nervous for Harden mvp race all of a sudden alot of these media members are trying to use total points and other totals instead of the normal averages to defend Lebron as MVP.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#52 » by karkinos » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:16 pm

was looking for draftexpress' mock for this year
looks like they were bought out by espn

time to buy insider i guess
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,247

Post#53 » by sfernald » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Clippers looking really strong in this draft, drafting 12 and 13th back to back. Some absolute studs will drop that low and Jerry West will absolutely snag them up!

This is going to be 2011 GSW draft all over again.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: Playoff Player Stats, Draft Prospect, Rookie and Regular Season Stats, Draft Pick Protection Details, etc 

Post#54 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Updated to add playoff player stats.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Re: Playoff Player Stats, Draft Prospect, Rookie and Regular Season Stats, Trade Checker, Future Draft Pick Details, etc 

Post#57 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:53 am

I'm REALLY excited about the Clippers draft prospects. After Ayton+Doncic+Bagley... I think the 4-15 slots can all move around a bunch and are relatively close in upside. At 12 and 13 the mock drafts have the Clippers taking 2 of these players:

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Robert Williams
Lonnie Walker
Miles Bridges
Kevin Knox

pretty much. From my research it seems like any of those 4 would be nice additions. All 5 have starter level upside from what I'm reading and good bench player floors. Given that Frank+West said they have thousands of hours of scouting put into this year's class, I'm confident they will be one of the teams who will get a steal this draft. My personal wish list would be Shai+Miles. If Robert Williams upside is a smaller DeAndre or a Stromile Swift, he doesn't really fit the modern day NBA starting 5. So at best he may turn into an energy bench big, which are common. Kevin Knox seems like a guy who has high risk, high reward type upside. Some saying he could be an Iguodala type jack of all trades, other's saying he's an undersized tweener who will struggle in NBA. Lonnie Walker looks amazing athletically, length wise and shot mechanics... but he was incredibly inconsistent in college.

Shai is the one I want most. He is a 6'6 PG with a 7 foot wingspan who will no doubt add some bulk to his frame. He's got great length, shows amazing defensive upside guarding 3 positions potentially at the NBA level. He is an amazing finisher and has an overall good feel/IQ.

Miles Bridges is a guy who will likely go 1 or 2 spots before but I'm actually big on. His upside is supposedly limited, but with his all around game being mature and his fantastic overall athleticism, he's a guy you can't pass on at 12 or 13. He put up 18/7/3 ish, numbers that only 25 sophomore's have put up before (all of which have gone on to be NBA starters pretty much). He shot about 37% on NBA range 3's at the college level this year. His shooting in multiple scenarios are 90+ percentile.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Playoff Player Stats, Draft Prospect, Rookie and Regular Season Stats, Trade Checker, Future Draft Pick Details, etc 

Post#58 » by THE J0KER » Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Bizarre "1 out of 72.000" single playoff game stat which decides 2018 champion:

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board