ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you want as coach?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HC Search

JVG
16%
Fizzy Womack
9%
Jerry Stackhouse
32%
Blatt
14%
Mark Jackson
8%
Jay Wright
11%
Ettore Messina
4%
Mike Woodson
4%
Other
2%

Total votes: 106

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Who do you want as coach? 

Post#1 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 pm

From your lips to management ears
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Re: Who do you want as next years coach ? (Poll) 

Post#2 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Ettore Messina for me assuming we can't rob Villanova. I think Blatt makes a lot of sense too, better coach than he's given credit for because of the Lebron fallout and his closeness with the managerial team should make for good cohesion from top to bottom.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,195

Post#3 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm

rule:

anyone who votes for Jackson gets perma banned
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 863

Post#4 » by KnickLeDime » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:21 pm

I'd love a reunion with Van Gundy...
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#5 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:22 pm

j4remi wrote:Ettore Messina for me assuming we can't rob Villanova. I think Blatt makes a lot of sense too, better coach than he's given credit for because of the Lebron fallout and his closeness with the managerial team should make for good cohesion from top to bottom.

I took away vanterpool and added Jay Wright. Long shot, but **** it.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#6 » by xNewYorkMadex » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm

JVG would be at the top of my list, but I mentioned before a while back I just dont know if the game has passed him by.

I know hes coaching some youth USA team. But I need to know if he has a more modernized offensive system. Offense was never his strong suit. I dont think defense will be an issue w/ JVG. But we need a coach whose strong in both categories in order to stop this coaching carousel we've been on. If Jeff has a well placed offensive playbook, then I'd hire him.

Blatt, Stackhouse and Fizdale are also guys i'd be okay w/. Blatt definitely needs to show more toughness and authority though, but i'm willing to give him a 2nd chance in the league.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,195

Post#7 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Top Choices: JVG, Blatt, Messina

I'd be ok with: Fizdale, Stackhouse, Udoka

GTFO: Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers

No Chance of happening: Jay Wright
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#8 » by Kampuchea » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Monty it is. Once a Knick....
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#9 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Im gonna roll with Stack. very interested by him and that he values defense first already as a coach. He demeanor is not soft, and if Thibs is his Idol, he will be a task master. He basically wants to be related to the Pat Riley tree style of coaching. I like. Young and can easily relate to the players.

I will be cool with Fizz, JVG just as much. But Im rolling with Stack for my vote.
Toranaga
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#10 » by Toranaga » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Why is Monty Williams a hot candidate again? Did the league forget about his NO stint? Great guy by pretty much all accounts, and his teams love him, but he's not a good head coach. I recall their defense being horrible with AD and Holiday and their offense not being much better.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#11 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Whichever coach that can represent us in this lottery and get the 1st pick.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,126

Post#12 » by Fat Kat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Jay Wright, Stack, or Fizzy
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#13 » by 2010 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I picked Jay Wright even tho it has zero chance of happening. Next for me would be Stack.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#14 » by 2010 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Why y'all keep talking up JVG?

He don't get along with mgmt. He had a whack iso-oriented offense. He will not be down to throw away next season for another lottery pick. And he don't develop or play young players. This n*gga loves vets. Y'all just hype off the nostalgia. Hell no to JVG.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#15 » by br7knicks » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Vogel
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as next years coach ? (Poll) 

Post#16 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

2010 wrote:Why y'all keep talking up JVG?

He don't get along with mgmt. He had a whack iso-oriented offense. He will not be down to throw away next season for another lottery pick. And he don't develop or play young players. This n*gga loves vets. Y'all just hype off the nostalgia. Hell no to JVG.

Almost every word of that applies to Mark Jackson too
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#17 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Ingram made great strides this year and was a legit participant for most improved. I remember reading how influential steakhouse is to him earlier this year when i drafted him BAF. Stack was also coached by Dean Smith

“Mentally. Just trying to be the best I can, trying to make the best decisions for myself on and off the basketball court. Defensively, he helps me a lot. He always gets on me if I get back-cut in a game, or using a stick-hand in a game. He’s always looking at the small details of everything I do to make be a better person.”

Getting on Ingram for the little things is what will help him truly reach the next level. Obviously, the talent is there for Ingram to be a great player. There are plenty of great players in the NBA. For Ingram to differentiate himself, doing the little things, such as the things he mentions Stackhouse for getting on him for, is imperative

from 2016. I love that he instills toughness in players.

IMMEDIATE BOND

Stackhouse sounds humbled when told Ingram credits him for “being there for support and being there to talk to about different things.” Stackhouse attributes Ingram’s journey to parents who stressed accountability (Donald and Joann), a 25-year-old brother who starred at University of Texas-Arlington (Bo) and a high school coach who preached team play (Perry Tyndall).

“I thought the kid was talented enough and he would be in a similar situation,” Stackhouse said of Ingram. “The fact that I’m able to make him and his family feel that I’ve been instrumental in that, that’s enough for me.”

The partnership started when Stackhouse met the fourth-grade Ingram at his father’s local gym, the Teachers Memorial Recreation Center.

Ingram said he “didn’t have many good moments” playing pick-up basketball against Stackhouse during five-on-five scrimmages he said were “very competitive.” In another backyard pick-up game, Stackhouse grabbed one of Ingram’s arms while defending him. Incredulous that Ingram did not react, Stackhouse then instructed Ingram to knock his hands away.

Still, Stackhouse became intrigued enough with Ingram’s skills and mindset to invite him to join his AAU team. Though Ingram initially resisted because he wanted to stay closer to his family, he soon relished the educational experience and family atmosphere.

“It really got me prepared for college. It got me prepared for the level I am at right now,” Ingram said. “We definitely worked hard every single day.”

There, Ingram traveled around the United States and in Europe playing with and against top talent. The team ran pro sets. The daily routine included waking early to go to the gym and plenty of film study.

“That platform gave him the confidence that he can play against anybody,” Stackhouse said. “The teaching that he got on a day-to-day basis and what he was getting at the high school level was a perfect storm for him.”

It also helped that Ingram thought so highly of Stackhouse, whose NBA career included stops in Philadelphia, Detroit, Washington , Dallas, Milwaukee, Miami, Atlanta and Brooklyn. Stackhouse resisted talking much to Ingram about that journey because “a lot of times you have to figure things out on your own.”

Stackhouse was right. Ingram, who has a Stackhouse Mavericks jersey and a handful of trading cards, says he has watched film from Stackhouse’s days in the NBA, at North Carolina and in high school.

“He was fearless. Every time he stepped on the court, he played hard and he played extremely mad. It was inspirational,” said Ingram, who likens Stackhouse’s mannerisms to Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook. “I’m just going into every game playing as hard as he would.”

Ingram was a senior in high school when the student first beat the teacher at his craft.

“I could feel a different vibe with how he attacked me,” Stackhouse said of that day. “I felt he really started to go (all) out at me.”

For those who never saw Stack Play.

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#18 » by Juco24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 pm

2010 wrote:Why y'all keep talking up JVG?

Totally Agree!!
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#19 » by Jay10 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 pm

It's going to be Blatt [Mills] or Stackhouse [Perry].
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#20 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 pm

someone like brad Stevens

Return to New York Knicks