ImageImageImageImage

Anti-Tankers: Those Sixers are just losers, huh?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Re: RE: Re: Anti-Tankers: Those Sixers are just losers, huh? 

Post#81 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:21 pm

pinoynurse wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
prove to me that it was henny who was selling

Prove to me that any single move outside of the Harris trade was not directed by Henny.

prove to me that any move hennigan made was not under the directive of ownership/martins. They have final say on any move hennigan made=they approved= they are not free from blame.

Both Henny and Martins have publicly claimed that Henny had full authority over his job. Not a single verifiable forced has said otherwise. Only rumors. They may have worked together on deals or ideas, but there is not a single verifiable proof that Martins directed Henny to sign free agents, draft certain players or make trades outside of possible the Harris deal. Thus, all those who claim otherwise are guessing or hoping what they think are facts. But, without proof, it is just rumors or your hypothesis. I think it is possible that Martins controlled Henny, but without proof, you all just guessing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#82 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
I have heard zero proof except you just saying there has been proof. That is called conjecture, but sounds more like speculation since you provide nothing but words saying there is proof.

Blah blah blah. You have had proof. 8-)

You have not provided any proof. You only say there is proof, but I have seen you nothing to back that up.

Bull. You have seen PLENTY. 8-)
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#83 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Prove to me that any single move outside of the Harris trade was not directed by Henny.

prove to me that any move hennigan made was not under the directive of ownership/martins. They have final say on any move hennigan made=they approved= they are not free from blame.

Both Henny and Martins have publicly claimed that Henny had full authority over his job. Not a single verifiable forced has said otherwise. Only rumors. They may have worked together on deals or ideas, but there is not a single verifiable proof that Martins directed Henny to sign free agents, draft certain players or make trades outside of possible the Harris deal. Thus, all those who claim otherwise are guessing or hoping what they think are facts. But, without proof, it is just rumors or your hypothesis. I think it is possible that Martins controlled Henny, but without proof, you all just guessing.

Key word there, claimed. Doesn't mean it actually happened like that. Of course Martins would have Henny say that, you think Martins wants to fall on the sword? Nope. Thus that's why he threw Henny under the bus, to save his own arse.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#84 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Blah blah blah. You have had proof. 8-)

You have not provided any proof. You only say there is proof, but I have seen you nothing to back that up.

That is all you can say is words without anything to back them up, lol.

It is like you saying "he did because I think so and you know it" over and over again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#85 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

It is like you saying "he did because I think so and you know it" over and over again.

Bro plenty of people have provided you with your concrete evidence. You choose to stay blind to it.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Re: Anti-Tankers: Those Sixers are just losers, huh? 

Post#86 » by KrAzY3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:14 am

Early on last season I recall making a post complaining about how the Magic had screwed things up so badly by not tanking properly, and how it was just sad to see how the 76ers has done things with such a plan for the future. Now look at the two teams... man, it's pathetic.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#87 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:25 am

Sixers remind me of the 93-94 Magic team. They'll probably make the Finals next year.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#88 » by jbent87 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:21 pm

KidPistol wrote:What even rubs more salt in the wound is the fact that they have the Lakers pick this year which will be a lottery pick along with the option of attracting a big time free agent next year while having a busload of cash. Hinkie was smart in my opinion but tanking makes our league look weak. Was tanking honestly worth it? You lose not only your GM but you also force the league to alter the lottery just in case other teams take Philly's approach. 25% at the first pick to 14% is a huge drop as well as having a higher odd at falling lower in the lottery. Was it honestly worth it Philly? Was it?!

yes.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#89 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Bro plenty of people have provided you with your concrete evidence. You choose to stay blind to it.

I didn't see any proof. Care to provide us with some?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#90 » by WeAreVenom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Sixers remind me of the 93-94 Magic team. They'll probably make the Finals next year.

Their my dark horse pick, I think they make it this year. I don't see them winning though
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,597

Post#91 » by dc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Should be added that the 76ers didn't just tank. Though that was clearly a core part of the strategy, they did more than that:

-They got Robert Convington when he went undrafted and got Richaun Holmes and TJ McConnell in the 2nd round. So they got 3 rookies outside the 1st round and then developed them into rotation players.

-They fleeced Sacramento with that pick/swap + unconditional 2019 1st rounder which essentially got them Fultz.

-They used Rob Hennigan's strange fascination with Elfrid Payton to get an additional pick while still drafting the better player (Saric).

-They also made what now looks like an excellent coaching hire.

The big thing about the tank was that they went through with it the whole way. They stuck with it and didn't win meaningless games in March/April. They ignored the ridiculously false narrative that winning games late in the season when you've long been eliminated from the playoffs somehow builds character or culture.

It should be clear by now that "winning culture" isn't built by winning meaningless games during the season's garbage time (last ~ 20 games of the year when you've been eliminated from the playoffs). The reality is that is that it's built by assembling a team with talent.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 847

Post#92 » by axl_c_cool » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm

The biggest thing missed (I haven't seen) with the Sixers is they got a coach who developed their players and stuck by him. He knew the plan, he put his culture and philosophy over to the high turn around of players there and they stuck by it, no restarts. That's the biggest difference, in my opinion
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,557

Post#93 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:11 pm

The Sixers got criticized for YEARS and stayed the course.

Most people/franchises can't handle that and will panic and cave in.

People/media will complain about things and be 100% wrong. I bet if they got what they wanted and the Sixers pivoted from their original plans, they would criticize them then as well too.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#94 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Sixers remind me of the 93-94 Magic team. They'll probably make the Finals next year.
With how weak the east is and their talent yea they will probably make it to the finals next year. Heck maybe this year.
aka: prorl
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#95 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:29 am

Our draft pick this year basically took a redshirt...that's a Philly move (4x)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#96 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 am

Man I was so ecstatic when we drafted Saric and pissed when they traded the pick. It was clear before the draft that although he was not athletic that he was a glue guy and very skilled. I was also ok with him skipping a year despite the Fran fiasco. Damm Rob what a **** up.
aka: prorl
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#97 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 am

FFBlitzace wrote:It's a very simple concept. 25% (and soon, 14%) is far from 100%, but it's the best odds available. The top pick isn't guaranteed to produce the best player, but it's the best pick in the entire draft. Just because your management doesn't select the best player doesn't change the fact that it's the best pick in the draft. The worst record produces the BEST odds at providing the BEST pick. None of it it is 100%, but it's the BEST you can get. Just like anything else you do as a team. No free agent signing is 100% to turn your team around. You just make the BEST signing you feel you can make. Sometimes correct decisions don't yield results, and sometimes incorrect decisions do yield dumb luck results. Don't hang your head at the former and don't be delusional over the latter. You can't get too hung up on results. You always just have to make the highest percentage decision you can make based on the information you have. Over time, unless you're horribly unlucky, that's going to provide the most results for you. Cherry picking examples of later picks becoming superstars or top picks being busts and all those other tired arguments don't actually mean anything. People act like it means something in terms of what your strategy should be, but it doesn't. All it means is that scouting isn't an exact science and some players overachieve while others underachieve. That's it. Past examples of overachievers and underachievers should have no impact on strategy evaluation. All of this is very simple in concept, yet a bizarre amount of people either cannot or will not understand it. It's not even an opinionated thing. Opinions don't enter into it at all. It's just the way that it is.

This.

Having the highest pick possible is the best way to go because you get more chances to pick the RIGHT players.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#98 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 am

Skybox wrote:Our draft pick this year basically took a redshirt...that's a Philly move (4x)

if we pick Mo Bamba (my preference), and he “redshirts” just like Isaac this year, I’ll start believing we are Philly-ing.

I saw Bamba because probably same built as Isaac who’ll need to get stronger once he enters the league.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#99 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Sixers definitely "did it right" when it comes to tanking, but at first, they didn't. During their rebuild they drafted MCW, Noel, and Okafor with their tanking picks and none of them are on the team anymore nor did they net them anyone of value (Trevor Booker probably being the best).
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,656

Post#100 » by thelead » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:Sixers definitely "did it right" when it comes to tanking, but at first, they didn't. During their rebuild they drafted MCW, Noel, and Okafor with their tanking picks and none of them are on the team anymore nor did they net them anyone of value (Trevor Booker probably being the best).

Right but that didn’t stop them from flipping them for assets quickly. They determined that they weren’t stars and got rid of them. Here we are with Vuc still as our starting center 6 years later. It took nearly 4 years of watching a starting pg that can’t shoot before we gave him away.

Return to Orlando Magic