ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#101 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:46 pm

BasicBall wrote:His first instincts are to move the ball on offense and defend (well above average as we all know) plus he's 19...He's 6'7 and may not be finished growing (6'8, 6'9 before he's done growing??) He was too tentative for my taste, but as the season progressed he got a bit more aggressive. All I do know is when he was on the court I saw more pluses than minuses.

Some will say I'm bugging, but to me he's more untouchable than KP (to me)

Question...IF NY got in the top 3 and were in position to draft Ayton or Bagley, wouldn't you look to move KP and Lee for Kawhi? In that scenario I'd move KP in a heartbeat for Kawhi....I believe it would be easier to find a stretch 4-5, than an all world defensive wing and then pair him with Kawhi?? Hell, Kornet can damn near do what KP does :nod:

intriguing prospect. both players have serious injury history. one's a little older, but is a prime legit star.

thing about a kawhi/KP trade is window. even with that group would the knicks have a win-now team? i'm not sure. i like the idea of KP recovering completely and the knicks taking another year or two to focus on youth development into a prime core that came up together. i like KP and frank as parts of that. if we end up with mikal bridges, i'm geeked.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#102 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:When Frank is as tall and as built as Dwight Howard but playing Gary Payton level defense on the perimeter, some of you doubters are going to be sorry.

all jokes aside, if he fills out half as well as giannis did... problem.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#103 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:50 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:The league will adjust to Mitchell and he'll have some issues down the line. He profiles to be a volume guy who is small. Don't get me wrong he's really good but it's no lock he'll be a superstar.

donovan mitchell looks like he'll be a multiple-time all-star. i saw his heart in the draft process and wanted a way to get him. had no clue he'd be so good so soon. but i think his arrow is pointing UP.

frank and mitchell were my guys last draft. i thought mitchell was a bit of a reach at 8, but was ready to welcome him with open arms if that was the call. i loved every bit of what i saw from him. and he has shown all of it and then some as a pro. jazz came up!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#104 » by omerome » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:55 pm

As much as Mitchell has impressed this season, so you honestly think he would have developed like that here? Jeff loves his vets so he would be playing behind Lee and Timmy. I doubt he would have gotten the leeway here as he does in Utah.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: RE: Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#105 » by GONYK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:When Frank is as tall and as built as Dwight Howard but playing Gary Payton level defense on the perimeter, some of you doubters are going to be sorry.

His frame is going to pack on muscle. There isn't much doubt about that in my mind.
Crackerjack465
Senior
And1: 673

Post#106 » by Crackerjack465 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:06 pm

I like what I saw at times, and I think that he can develop a solid shot. The only thing that depressed me was after the draft, I finally thought we had a PG... but I think his future is going to be as a two guard.

He's a piece that you build around.
Crackerjack465
Senior
And1: 673

Post#107 » by Crackerjack465 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:11 pm

omerome wrote:As much as Mitchell has impressed this season, so you honestly think he would have developed like that here? Jeff loves his vets so he would be playing behind Lee and Timmy. I doubt he would have gotten the leeway here as he does in Utah.

Yeah, I do. It would've taken him longer to find minutes, but his talent was too good. Hornacek loved his vets, but he still sees talent. He played Devin Booker a lot towards the end.

Here was Devin's MPG his rookie year:
November - 12.2 MPG
December - 19.2 MPG
January - 33.6 MPG
... he was fired after January
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#108 » by Triple C » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Talking about Mitchell is pointless to me, every one, from fans to scouts Mitchell was someone to pick by the end of the lottery, everyone wanted a second pick to chose him, not at 8. Now that he's dominating it's easy saying he was the right guy, i think we should compare him more with Smith Jr and Monk that were in our radar, and i don't think Frank is behind them.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#109 » by j4remi » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.

The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#110 » by GONYK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:24 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.

The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.

Based on that picture, I think it is just hair
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#111 » by Meat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

His frame is going to pack on muscle. There isn't much doubt about that in my mind.

if the 76ers had drafted frank somehow and red-shirted him like they do their rookies, he would have come in the league looking like a tank. his clavicles are just begging for muscle
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#112 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

if the 76ers had drafted frank somehow and red-shirted him like they do their rookies, he would have come in the league looking like a tank. his clavicles are just begging for muscle

Nominated for phrase of the week
ImageImageImage
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#113 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:30 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#114 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

He has a great frame! Enviable frankly (pun intended).
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#115 » by GONYK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.

:lol:

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#116 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Frank is going to be one suave MF as he matures and gains his man confidence
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#117 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I think he grew a little, and was always a little taller than the typical NBA/North American 6'5". The whole "measured in sneakers vs not in Europe vs North American players. In draft pictures, Frank's 6'5" always looked taller/as tall as guys who measured 6'6" or 6'7". I'm convinced euro guys get measured without sneakers, it gets into their profile and stays, while for American guys, they get measured in sneakers and get 1.5 - 2" of height. Translation: Euro 6'5" = NBA 6' 6.5". Or, Frank is 6'6", 6'7" in shoes, which is how everyone else gets measured. I always point this out. Must be getting old. Even look at KP. Listed at 7'3" but he's SO much taller than guys listed at 7'1". I think KP is an "NBA" 7'4/7'5"
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#118 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm

When Mitchell is a FA and joins the Knicks in a few years, everyone will fell a lot better about the whole thing, especially when the Knicks don't resign THJr to free up the money to sign him.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#119 » by Juco24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 pm

I said this a few days ago.... with added muscle & weight, I think Frank could easily become Bruce Bowen. To me, that's his floor and too early to tell what his ceiling could be. People forget that he was injured and wore down early in the season. He's a 19 year old in a foreign country. As the season wore on, he only got better! I'm excited for his future
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#120 » by rajajackal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:02 pm

idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid

Return to New York Knicks