ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Hornacek has been fired

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Re: Woj: Hornacek has been fired 

Post#1941 » by shtolky » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
shtolky wrote:Obviously hiring Jackson would be pretty weak given the other candidates but given all the crap of the past 18 years (Dolan, Isiah, the losing, the sexual harassment case, Dolan, and Dolan) THIS would be the thing to get people to stop rooting for the team?

Its a build up. Knicks been ass for 18 years. At some point you gotta be like **** this schit. I will never stop being a Knick fan, but the wrong coaching hire and I am def falling back.

I can't dispute the build up part. It's been too long since we could really root for this franchise, but I can't see the hiring of a coach to be the last straw, especially when people seem to indicate they'd jump ship before a game has been played. I've been vocal that I absolutely do not want Jackson and I want him far away from here, but it seems silly to stop rooting for a team because of a coaching hire especially with all the garbage that's happened and that's still in place (Dolan).

Hiring Jackson and immediately jumping ship is sort of like when Joe Torre was hired by the Yankees and the hiring was crucified. Not exactly the same thing, but I hope you get my point.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1942 » by Triple C » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,952

Post#1943 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
shtolky wrote:Obviously hiring Jackson would be pretty weak given the other candidates but given all the crap of the past 18 years (Dolan, Isiah, the losing, the sexual harassment case, Dolan, and Dolan) THIS would be the thing to get people to stop rooting for the team?

Its a build up. Knicks been ass for 18 years. At some point you gotta be like **** this schit. I will never stop being a Knick fan, but the wrong coaching hire and I am def falling back.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1944 » by Sark » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 pm

There's only so much dysfunction that a person can take. I'll be team agnostic, and just watch the NBA for the excitement.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1945 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 pm

shtolky wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I can't dispute the build up part. It's been too long since we could really root for this franchise, but I can't see the hiring of a coach to be the last straw, especially when people seem to indicate they'd jump ship before a game has been played. I've been vocal that I absolutely do not want Jackson and I want him far away from here, but it seems silly to stop rooting for a team because of a coaching hire especially with all the garbage that's happened and that's still in place (Dolan).

Hiring Jackson and immediately jumping ship is sort of like when Joe Torre was hired by the Yankees and the hiring was crucified. Not exactly the same thing, but I hope you get my point.

Again I never said I would stop rooting, but interest will take a step back. Easiest way for me to say it is. A coach I want...Excited for the season. Mark Jackson. Woodson and Im Like meh....
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,154

Post#1946 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
not really. jeff’s resume isn’t even comparable. he’s a spineless dweeb, players actually like and will play for woodson. not that I’m hoping for a reunion either.

Except the players tuned Woodson out in two years.

Sorry. He's a "motivational" coach who, yes, can coach D, but the players realized he doesn't really know offense and they tuned him out. Doesn't anyone else remember Melo and everyone else just not buying into this guy after 2 years?

ya’ll not gonna turn this into me defending woodson but if you can make the case for why horny is better then by all means. the original post was a response to hiring Woodson vs extending Jeff another two years.

I guess in hindsight the comparison may be apropo but i’m prolly choosing to drink cow piss.

Oh, didn't realize it was in reference to Jeff. I'd rather have neither of them. :D
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1947 » by Dantares » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Welp its been fun guys......

Read on Twitter

Its almost time for me to trust the process!!!!!

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

My "source"(lol at me saying I have a source. Its just an Israeli dude I know who says he knows someone who knows lmao) said it's going to be David blatt so this is an upgrade in my opinion. I am mentally preparing myself for it to be blatt.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1948 » by WargamesX » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

I wonder how many fans here would spin Mark Jackson over everyone else into a positive.

I predict many supportive posts of Jackson if/when he is hired.

Yeah i can definitely see that.

This board and a heck of a lot of other Knicks boards would have meltdowns and every fan of every other team would have 10 plus pages of LoLknicks post.

Mark Jackson is a terrible hire. It should be Stackhouse...... I would say JVG is great but he quit once before. Also no one really think Wright wants the job, but I am happy to see the Knicks FO do due diligence. Woodson, and Fizdale can get a interview but we know there flaws. Lets give the Stackhouse a chance to show and prove. I legit think he would help the whole team improve and bring a certain toughness to their game that the Knicks have been missing for decades.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#1949 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Dantares wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

My "source"(lol at me saying I have a source. Its just an Israeli dude I know who says he knows someone who knows lmao) said it's going to be David blatt so this is an upgrade in my opinion. I am mentally preparing myself for it to be blatt.

Blatt contract is up this summer I think Mills promised him the Knicks job 2 years ago and he took a lowkey job in Europe biding his time

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#1950 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Obviously everyone following basketball who are not Knicks fans would want Mark Jackson here I wish 29 other teams in NBA had Mark Jackson or Byron Scott as their coach, so much fun

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1951 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Doubt it's Blatt. The alignment Mills and Perry talk is real. All of the candidates pretty much are interviewing next week. this will be wrapped up rather quick imo, primarily because other teams have vacancies as well.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Dantares
Head Coach

Post#1952 » by Dantares » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Dantares wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

Blatt contract is up this summer I think Mills promised him the Knicks job 2 years ago and he took a lowkey job in Europe biding his time

I just read that his team won a euro championship 4 or 5 days ago. And after the game Blatt said that he doesn't know where he is going to be next year.

Positive with blatt is he coaches defense. Negative is that he is not well known by American players and LeBron basically showed him up and forced him out so I am not sure he will have the respect of nba players.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

El Poochio

Post#1953 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Considering Knicks would be underdogs to Sixers for the next decade or so Blatt would fit in whatever he won in Europe he always won with super underdog teams

Dantares
Head Coach

Post#1954 » by Dantares » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Doubt it's Blatt. The alignment Mills and Perry talk is real. All of the candidates pretty much are interviewing next week. this will be wrapped up rather quick imo, primarily because other teams have vacancies as well.

Yeah what my friend told me makes no sense. Why would we be interviewing all these guys, a rather large list of candidtaes, if we knew blatt was the guy.

I hope we hold off on the coach search. If we can draft Mikal Bridges maybe Jay Wright will reconsider coming to the nba. He is already 53 years old. Most college coaches make the jump to the nba at a much younger age.

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1955 » by Sark » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Doubt it's Blatt. The alignment Mills and Perry talk is real. All of the candidates pretty much are interviewing next week. this will be wrapped up rather quick imo, primarily because other teams have vacancies as well.

Which completely contradicts when they said they will take their time.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1956 » by WargamesX » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Sark wrote:

If they interview everyone over a one week period. Then lets say second interview a few, it should be over in about 2 weeks.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#1957 » by nyczlegacy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm

man JVG would be a dream come true, I don't care if he hasn't coached for years.. he's a smart guy that's going to hold players accountable and not let towels get thrown in his face
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
El Poochio

Post#1958 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Dantares wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Dantares wrote:

I just read that his team won a euro championship 4 or 5 days ago. And after the game Blatt said that he doesn't know where he is going to be next year.

Positive with blatt is he coaches defense. Negative is that he is not well known by American players and LeBron basically showed him up and forced him out so I am not sure he will have the respect of nba players.

Knicks players prolly hate LeBron so they will have another common cause

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,935

Post#1959 » by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Why aren't we looking into Mike Budenholzer? Knicks should ask Hawks permission. I would like to see ball movement, spacing etc.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1960 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Sark wrote:

I thought they said due diligence, but either way it's a coaching search. It's not something that would take a long time anyway.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks