ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Hornacek has been fired

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: Woj: Hornacek has been fired 

Post#1961 » by Red Vines » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 pm

I bet they wrap it up before first round is over.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,120

Post#1962 » by Tron Carter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 pm

just finished watching this:

i’m all in on stack. i’m hoping that the fact that he’s been actively coaching gives him the edge over jesus freak jackson. i really think he can blow mills and perry away in an interview. i don’t think woodson is a serious candidate.

stack

blatt
fizdale

death.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,034

Post#1963 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 pm

GONYK wrote:I think Mark Jackson is this year's Rambis

That's my take. Those two hacks are getting decoy information.

I'm surprised about the Woodson rumors though. Why not see what Lenny Wilkens is up to while they're at it? Hubie Brown? Stu Jackson?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#1964 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:29 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
reub wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't see it. he has very limited coaching experience and could fold in New York with our media.

yeah Like experienced coaches never folded to our media :lol:

Experince dont have anything to do with it. Its mental fortitude period.

reub has never heard of Stackhouse until this week and they don't have a clue about his character, because if they had known even a little bit about who he was as a player they certainly wouldn't be throwing those comments out there
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1965 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I'm surprised about the Woodson rumors though. Why not see what Lenny Wilkens is up to while they're at it? Hubie Brown? Stu Jackson?

If I hear a rumor that Stephon wants to get into coaching and they are giving him an interview then I'll be worried
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1966 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

shtolky wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
shtolky wrote:Obviously hiring Jackson would be pretty weak given the other candidates but given all the crap of the past 18 years (Dolan, Isiah, the losing, the sexual harassment case, Dolan, and Dolan) THIS would be the thing to get people to stop rooting for the team?

Its a build up. Knicks been ass for 18 years. At some point you gotta be like **** this schit. I will never stop being a Knick fan, but the wrong coaching hire and I am def falling back.

I can't dispute the build up part. It's been too long since we could really root for this franchise, but I can't see the hiring of a coach to be the last straw, especially when people seem to indicate they'd jump ship before a game has been played. I've been vocal that I absolutely do not want Jackson and I want him far away from here, but it seems silly to stop rooting for a team because of a coaching hire especially with all the garbage that's happened and that's still in place (Dolan).

Hiring Jackson and immediately jumping ship is sort of like when Joe Torre was hired by the Yankees and the hiring was crucified. Not exactly the same thing, but I hope you get my point.

Try telling some of us that after Mark says in the huddle "What would Jesus do?"
ImageImageImage
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Hornacek has been fired 

Post#1967 » by GONYK » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I'm hoping it's just the appearance of due diligence. Last time around, we got dinged for not even giving Thibs a call.

Also, this dispels the notion that nobody wants the Knicks job.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1968 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Red Vines wrote:What if they did go with Craig Robinson...

I’d definitely question his readiness but I’d also respect that they didn’t look for a ‘name’ and instead hired someone in line with the program they want to implement.
Sprewell_8
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1969 » by Sprewell_8 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Ya'll make a mistake thinking everyone who gets an interview has a shot. A lot of this process is doing solids for agents and friends by entering their names/clinets to the coaching cycle. I would say Stack, Woody and Blatt are in that category. The real ones are Jackson, Fizdale and maybe JVG.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1970 » by F N 11 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 pm

The thing about Jackson is I can see him putting Frank under his wing unlike Jeff.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1971 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Knicks are going to keep the european thing going and hire Blatt.
#MKGA
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#1972 » by levendis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 pm

K P 6 wrote:The thing about Jackson is I can see him putting Frank under his wing unlike Jeff.

Another possitive is that he'll also help KP heal quicker with his snake oil.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,509

Post#1973 » by Fat Kat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Dantares wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Welp its been fun guys......

Read on Twitter

Its almost time for me to trust the process!!!!!

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

My "source"(lol at me saying I have a source. Its just an Israeli dude I know who says he knows someone who knows lmao) said it's going to be David blatt so this is an upgrade in my opinion. I am mentally preparing myself for it to be blatt.

The more I’m threatened with Mark Jackson, the bigger fan I’m becoming of Blatt. It’s psychological warfare
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1974 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Has Trey Rodriguez ever been right about anything? Serious question.
#MKGA
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#1975 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Damn man. Why that? Jesus....

Sorry. That was too gross. I don't even know what the underwear reference means anyway

:lol: the underwear guy that was saying he had inside scoop on things...
:beer: RIP mags
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#1976 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Dantares wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Welp its been fun guys......

Read on Twitter

Its almost time for me to trust the process!!!!!

Lets go sixers!!!!!!

My "source"(lol at me saying I have a source. Its just an Israeli dude I know who says he knows someone who knows lmao) said it's going to be David blatt so this is an upgrade in my opinion. I am mentally preparing myself for it to be blatt.

The more I’m threatened with Mark Jackson, the bigger fan I’m becoming of Blatt. It’s psychological warfare

They did the same thing when they hired Hornacek after ‘seriously considering’ Rambis.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1977 » by camillepd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 pm

I am ready for the coming Fiddle era. It will be glorious.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1978 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Damn man. Why that? Jesus....

Sorry. That was too gross. I don't even know what the underwear reference means anyway

:lol: the underwear guy that was saying he had inside scoop on things...

Oh, I must have missed it. I thought perhaps Thugger was dissing me because I'm in Florida and somehow I was the underwear guy after posting that nasty GIF
ImageImageImage
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1979 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:58 pm

And the truth is we just don’t know. People here losing their shet over these candidates like if we choose this guy it’s on to a dynasty and if we choose the other guy the Knicks have Knicked again. Look, I’m all in on Stack.
I don’t mind Mark because obviously the FO is doing their due diligence and I’m sure the preaching stuff, the x and o stuff and the paranoia are at the top of their lists to address. His too. So quit it. These guys all have warts. Stack is green. Fiz has some fugaze to him. Blatt might not have the respect of today’s NBA players with how Lebron sonned him. Van Gundy isn’t a good offensive coach. On and on. Each could work well here and each could fail. The biggest factor will always be the roster.
We are slowly building up our asset core. I like the idea of Jerry developing them. I can see where Mark would be dope too tho. We all can. Like cmon. Look at it this way: dude got fired from a billion dollar group. They have the voice. They’ve used it to tarnish him. In fairness, has he ever used his platform to retaliate or even give his side?
He didn’t trust Brian Scalibrine? Man, do YOU trust Brian Scalibrine?? All I’m saying is we kinda overlook the fact Mark Jackson is a born leader of men. Stack is my fave but I’m not gonna stop being a Knick fan if we hire the other guy. Y’all really think coaching is the difference? The real work that needs to be done is with this roster so we can even have an expectation for what leadership means and looks like to the group.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,509

Post#1980 » by Fat Kat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Underwear guy

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks