ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you think the Knicks WILL pick?

David Fizdale
15%
David Blatt
21%
Mark Jackson
14%
Jerry Stackhouse
27%
Mike Woodson
3%
Jeff Van Gundy
8%
Jay Wright
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 170

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Re: The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread 

Post#261 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm

K-DOT wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:This video tells me that it was just not Lebron. Dude is overmatched with american players....

the video is actually pretty supportive of Blatt...and that LeBron turned him against the team when he decided to bench too of his over the hill cronnies. Also Dellavdova and Shumpert were pretty huge in those playoff series with there defense so he was on to something.

Would you like a little more communication? Sure but vets have egos, and our team wouldn't be a vet oriented team. He made the right coaching decision but angered the pre-madona lebron and thats what I saw from the video 8 minutes of lebron playing lazy basketball to get blatt fired.

To support Blaat he got snaked pont blank period. To me he got snaked more than Jackson. Lue and Lebron was plotting on him early. He was not fired for doing a poor job. He was fired for not being the guy Lebron wanted. If Lebron didnt have influence why was the entire roster traded for players that better suit playing off ball?

However to the vet chit I have heard that before. Hiring old mf's just to throw money away is pointless. Let the kids play a year. Maybe bring back Jack and have Lance, Lee, and Noah be mentors. Theyre already under contract. making any signings this year will be sooooooo dumb.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#262 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Red Vines wrote:If you want a coach who connects with young NBA players Blatt should be ruled out. Also would not handle NY media scrutiny well. He's used to operating with little pushback.

That pretty much disqualifies everyone. No one is ever really prepared for this circus.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#263 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:25 pm

The Raptors win on Saturday can be directly correlated to Stack. Their bench and role players carried them over Washington. They all learned under Stack. I would love a Stack hire amongst other guys I would like too. As long as we stay away from Woody and Jax. I'm good with all the other candidates mentioned.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#264 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I’m far from certain that Blatt is the best choice

I do think the stack house is just another example of a name people know with some limited success. He’s the next name to be tarnished by the ny attitude that everyone is an idiot doing a terrible job because they aren’t on the Internet
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#265 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:28 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:This video tells me that it was just not Lebron. Dude is overmatched with american players....

I feel like that video actually helps Blatts case.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#266 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:The Raptors win on Saturday can be directly correlated to Stack. Their bench and role players carried them over Washington. They all learned under Stack. I would love a Stack hire amongst other guys I would like too. As long as we stay away from Woody and Jax. I'm good with all the other candidates mentioned.

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#267 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

everyone has feelings. I see a team that really did not respect him much to play hard..
F N 11
RealGM

Post#268 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm

My biggest argument is we need a coach who actually wants this challenge and not a coach trying to be .500 and playing vets.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#269 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

everyone has feelings. I see a team that really did not respect him much to play hard..

Always thought that had more to do with LeBron being moody more than Blatt but I understand that concern. It's the one thing that holds me back from going all-in on Blatt. I do think, however, when it comes to X's and O's Blatt is far and away the most advanced of anyone we've mentioned so far. Dude knows hoops.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#270 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

3-5 years means a DEVELOPMENT PERIOD. Why Chase Blatt... Get Stack....
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,575

Post#271 » by El Poochio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:02 pm

If they want defense, why are they not calling up Vanterpool for an interview too? What he did with Blazers defense is like sorcery

Knicks always want the flashy name over substance ofc

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#272 » by shtolky » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Read on Twitter
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#273 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:24 pm

waiting for Blatt to have other interviews but the Knicks....

F N 11
RealGM

Post#274 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:waiting for Blatt to have other interviews but the Knicks....

Lmao I see what you saying. Favors all the fawk over.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#275 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

blatt interviewed with sacramento a couple months after he got fired
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#276 » by Handledatruth » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:waiting for Blatt to have other interviews but the Knicks....

:lol: :lol: :lol: There is definitely something strange about Blatt's scenario...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#277 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Adelheid wrote:This is something about the Fizdale firing awhile back. I found an article written about it.

The Grizzlies lost that game 82-73. Gasol went 4-of-22 (0-of-5 from 3-point range) for 8 points. Mike Conley went 3-of-16 (1-of-9 from 3) for 14 points.

“I think he, you know, blamed, kind of, me and Mike for losing that game, and I thought that was not really fair,” Gasol said. “When you lose, or when somebody has a tough game, you always, you gotta help and figure out ways, and help your players, and he just completely came into me and Mike, and I did not like that one bit. I told him, I told the coaching staff. From that point on, things got a little rougher.”

The Utah loss took place on Dec. 18, exactly a year to the day before Gasol’s Monday press gathering. Things continued to deteriorate from that point forward. By the end of the season, Gasol said, “I think we both understood that we had to keep it professional. That was the agreement. That’s what we agreed upon at the end of last season.”

Gasol didn’t get any explanation for his benching during the Brooklyn game.

“I was asking the assistant coaches, like, 'Hey, I’m ready, is something going on?’ And they wouldn’t give me an answer. They would just look away. That would shock me. ... I told them, 'I’m ready to go back. I want to help the team.'”

Despite this, Gasol reiterated that he never asked that Fizdale be fired. He was told of Fizdale’s dismissal by general manager Chris Wallace, and then had a telephone conversation with owner Robert Pera.

This is not good. Fck the Fiz.

Stackhouse is meeting with the Hornets and the Magic. Stackhouse back in NC is probably going to happen. It's a natural fit with him and MJ.

Get on the Monty Williams train.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#278 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:blatt interviewed with sacramento a couple months after he got fired

And they didn't hire him :lol: :lol:

also what year is it? Like I said waiting for other teams to want his services in 2018. Funny he flying in next week when it seems all the coaches are interviewing this week around the league.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,678

Post#279 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,678

Post#280 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:38 pm

hold up... if stackhouse is going to bring on rasheed as an assistant, i'm 150% down for that over everything else.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks