ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you think the Knicks WILL pick?

David Fizdale
15%
David Blatt
21%
Mark Jackson
14%
Jerry Stackhouse
27%
Mike Woodson
3%
Jeff Van Gundy
8%
Jay Wright
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 170

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Re: The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread 

Post#281 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:3-5 years means a DEVELOPMENT PERIOD. Why Chase Blatt... Get Stack....

what if stack 1st choice isn't the knicks? That could be a possibility. I am a fan of his as well and he would be one of my top choices.

But do you have a plan B?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#282 » by seren » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm

The more I think about it the more obvious Blatt is the obvious choice. He has experience but hungry. He had great success in the NBA already and his European track shows he can handle guys like KP and Frank really well. He will be in sync with the upper management which is a huge plus. He also won't cave to the star players which I personally hate.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#283 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:blatt interviewed with sacramento a couple months after he got fired

And they didn't hire him :lol: :lol:

also what year is it? Like I said waiting for other teams to want his services in 2018. Funny he flying in next week when it seems all the coaches are interviewing this week around the league.

and sacramento is known for being a sh*t show so it's not surprising they made a bad decision once again

just because a lot of teams doesn't want his services doesnt mean he's a trash coach. i mean thibs got hired not too long after he got fired and look at how everyone views him now. frank vogel got interviewed by us and a couple other teams. look at him now. so using that argument is pretty pointless
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#284 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Adelheid wrote:This is something about the Fizdale firing awhile back. I found an article written about it.

The Grizzlies lost that game 82-73. Gasol went 4-of-22 (0-of-5 from 3-point range) for 8 points. Mike Conley went 3-of-16 (1-of-9 from 3) for 14 points.

“I think he, you know, blamed, kind of, me and Mike for losing that game, and I thought that was not really fair,” Gasol said. “When you lose, or when somebody has a tough game, you always, you gotta help and figure out ways, and help your players, and he just completely came into me and Mike, and I did not like that one bit. I told him, I told the coaching staff. From that point on, things got a little rougher.”

The Utah loss took place on Dec. 18, exactly a year to the day before Gasol’s Monday press gathering. Things continued to deteriorate from that point forward. By the end of the season, Gasol said, “I think we both understood that we had to keep it professional. That was the agreement. That’s what we agreed upon at the end of last season.”

Gasol didn’t get any explanation for his benching during the Brooklyn game.

“I was asking the assistant coaches, like, 'Hey, I’m ready, is something going on?’ And they wouldn’t give me an answer. They would just look away. That would shock me. ... I told them, 'I’m ready to go back. I want to help the team.'”

Despite this, Gasol reiterated that he never asked that Fizdale be fired. He was told of Fizdale’s dismissal by general manager Chris Wallace, and then had a telephone conversation with owner Robert Pera.

This is not good. Fck the Fiz.

Stackhouse is meeting with the Hornets and the Magic. Stackhouse back in NC is probably going to happen. It's a natural fit with him and MJ.

Get on the Monty Williams train.

Bad example! Fizz defends his playerslike crazy and players done said he ain’t paying no fine. Horny never took a L for us. We need a coach that’s In it for real.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#285 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:3-5 years means a DEVELOPMENT PERIOD. Why Chase Blatt... Get Stack....

what if stack 1st choice isn't the knicks? That could be a possibility. I am a fan of his as well and he would be one of my top choices.

Stack to Hornets next big thing while knicks try to wrap up their interviews. Lol
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#286 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:hold up... if stackhouse is going to bring on rasheed as an assistant, i'm 150% down for that over everything else.

StackHouse Sheed and Ayton? :o :o

Make it happen Gully.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#287 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 pm

K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Adelheid wrote:This is something about the Fizdale firing awhile back. I found an article written about it.

The Grizzlies lost that game 82-73. Gasol went 4-of-22 (0-of-5 from 3-point range) for 8 points. Mike Conley went 3-of-16 (1-of-9 from 3) for 14 points.

“I think he, you know, blamed, kind of, me and Mike for losing that game, and I thought that was not really fair,” Gasol said. “When you lose, or when somebody has a tough game, you always, you gotta help and figure out ways, and help your players, and he just completely came into me and Mike, and I did not like that one bit. I told him, I told the coaching staff. From that point on, things got a little rougher.”

The Utah loss took place on Dec. 18, exactly a year to the day before Gasol’s Monday press gathering. Things continued to deteriorate from that point forward. By the end of the season, Gasol said, “I think we both understood that we had to keep it professional. That was the agreement. That’s what we agreed upon at the end of last season.”

Gasol didn’t get any explanation for his benching during the Brooklyn game.

“I was asking the assistant coaches, like, 'Hey, I’m ready, is something going on?’ And they wouldn’t give me an answer. They would just look away. That would shock me. ... I told them, 'I’m ready to go back. I want to help the team.'”

Despite this, Gasol reiterated that he never asked that Fizdale be fired. He was told of Fizdale’s dismissal by general manager Chris Wallace, and then had a telephone conversation with owner Robert Pera.

This is not good. Fck the Fiz.

Stackhouse is meeting with the Hornets and the Magic. Stackhouse back in NC is probably going to happen. It's a natural fit with him and MJ.

Get on the Monty Williams train.

Bad example! Fizz defends his playerslike crazy and players done said he ain’t paying no fine. Horny never took a L for us. We need a coach that’s In it for real.

Then how do you explain the Gasol thing? I don't want to see that kind of stuff between Fizdale and KP. Things are already bad enough around here.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#288 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:56 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Stack to Hornets next big thing while knicks try to wrap up their interviews. Lol

they just buying time till Blatt comes in next week? :o :o :o :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#289 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

yeah and its not blatt.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#290 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah and its not blatt.

thats fair, thats your call. Do you have one in mind?

And I'm not here jumping up and down saying Blatt has to be the guy. I'm just saying the dude can coach.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#291 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:blatt interviewed with sacramento a couple months after he got fired

also what year is it? Like I said waiting for other teams to want his services in 2018. Funny he flying in next week when it seems all the coaches are interviewing this week around the league.

and sacramento is known for being a sh*t show so it's not surprising they made a bad decision once again

just because a lot of teams doesn't want his services doesnt mean he's a trash coach. i mean thibs got hired not too long after he got fired and look at how everyone views him now. frank vogel got interviewed by us and a couple other teams. look at him now. so using that argument is pretty pointless

If team does not want your services and you want to coach they will not ignore you if you are ver good at what you do. Dont mean he trash, just means he maybe not all that. All I hear is how he won in europe....Ok...cool story bro. I could understand if he was a european...but this dude is american, talking about he was overwhelmed on all the differences and personalities. That Mofo should have been from the Ukraine talking like that. Not Boston MA.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#292 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:hold up... if stackhouse is going to bring on rasheed as an assistant, i'm 150% down for that over everything else.

Make it happen Gully.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#293 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm

I would be cooler with Blatt if there was no connection the these dudes...but Im not feeling this buddy buddy schit at all.Same Ol Knicks... Its why I want to see other teams interested in him.

Read on Twitter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#294 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

If team does not want your services and you want to coach they will not ignore you if you are ver good at what you do. Dont mean he trash, just means he maybe not all that. All I hear is how he won in europe....Ok...cool story bro. I could understand if he was a european...but this dude is american, talking about he was overwhelmed on all the differences and personalities. That Mofo should have been from the Ukraine talking like that. Not Boston MA.

doesn't matter if he american or european. the fact of the matter is that he coached in europe all his career. that's completely different than coaching in the NBA. and asking a rookie coach to coach lebron is not an easy task at all. since he is known to be a coach killer. so you have to understand where he's coming from.

and he still did what he was known to do from europe, win at a high level, despite having lebron and his camp coming for his head before he coached a single game.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#295 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:16 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I would be cooler with Blatt if there was no connection the these dudes...but Im not feeling this buddy buddy schit at all.Same Ol Knicks... Its why I want to see other teams interested in him.

Read on Twitter

you bring up a good point about other teams... unless this is the only job blatt would come back for.

people wanting to work with people they know well isn't really a negative to me. that's kind of how organizations and coaching trees go.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,053

Post#296 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Make it happen Gully.

I would kill for Stack/Sheed here!! Sheed was a big part of that 54 win team...even injured. That Craptors bench developed under Stack. If this happened!!! SHEEEEEEEEIT doesn't cover it.
:beer: RIP mags
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#297 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:20 pm

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#298 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

I posted that Brett Brown article and all of a sudden things got quiet. Por que'?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#299 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:I would be cooler with Blatt if there was no connection the these dudes...but Im not feeling this buddy buddy schit at all.Same Ol Knicks... Its why I want to see other teams interested in him.

Read on Twitter

you bring up a good point about other teams... unless this is the only job blatt would come back for.

people wanting to work with people they know well isn't really a negative to me. that's kind of how organizations and coaching trees go.

if he would only come back to the NBA if he can work with friends is not a good look. means he even more soft than I thought. Scared of a challenge there Blatty Boy? Him confirming interviews with other teams if he is wanted will at least show me he really wants back in the NBA...not just wanting back to feel safe with ex teammates...

Also with the Knicks case its always biting us in the ass...There has been so many "friendships" that have led to bad hires in this organization....
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#300 » by BowlRips » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Read on Twitter

While you do need some differentiating opinions, it would be nice for once where management, player development and coaching staff where all in the same page.
We haven’t had that

Return to New York Knicks