Trevon Duval
Keenan Evans
Devonte Graham
Aaron Holiday
Elie Okobo
Kerwin Roach
Landry Shamet
Khyrie Thomas

In which order would draft these guys in?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Rank these late first - early second PGs 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Landry Shamet

Elie Okobo
Jalen Brunson
Trevon Duval

Khyri Thomas
Kerwin Roach

Jevon Carter
Aaron Holiday
Devonte Graham

Tony Carr
Keenan Evans

Only Shamet as a clear cut 1st round guy
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Fischella wrote:Landry Shamet

Elie Okobo
Jalen Brunson
Trevon Duval

Khyri Thomas
Kerwin Roach

Jevon Carter
Aaron Holiday
Devonte Graham

Tony Carr
Keenan Evans

Only Shamet as a clear cut 1st round guy

Are you ranking guards or point guards? Tony Carr, Kerwin Roach, and Khyri Thomas are not point guards in the NBA. Might even throw Keenan Evans in there. Khyri Thomas specifically can’t handle the ball. I think you can make the argument for Roach at point, but even then he’s a long ways away from being that. If you have Roach as a point I would also throw Tyus Battle in there.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#4 » by EvanZ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Agree with Shamet being the only clear cut first rounder of this group. I have Khyrie going late first, but I see him as a combo guard. I think Shake might end up being a point guard, or at least a backup point guard, and I have him going in the first round right after Shamet. A lot (maybe most) of these guys aren't really point guards.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#5 » by jonjames » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Wheres bruce brown?

1st rd
Jalen Brunson
Landry Shamet

2nd rd
Trevon duval
Elie okobo
Tony carr
Khyri thomas maybe undrafted

Undrafted
Aaron holiday
Devonte graham
Kerwin roach
Jevon carter
Keenan evans
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Re: Rank these late first - early second PGsy 

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:25 pm

EvanZ wrote:Agree with Shamet being the only clear cut first rounder of this group. I have Khyrie going late first, but I see him as a combo guard. I think Shake might end up being a point guard, or at least a backup point guard, and I have him going in the first round right after Shamet. A lot (maybe most) of these guys aren't really point guards.

Shake is no way a point in the NBA. His footspeed just isn’t good enough to get into the lane and he doesn’t have a handle. To be a point in the NBA the #1 requirement is the ability to get into the paint to either dish or finish via at the hoop or via floater. They have to A) have a good enough handle/first step to get around a defender or B) Be quick enough/crafty enough to get a guy off via pick&roll. Otherwise they’re just playmaking from the wing, which is a wing’s job.

With that said, Okobo, Brunson and Duval could all be Late first rounders, but only because the lack of depth at PG. Hard to look past the skill of Brunson/the success of skilled point guards that aren’t athletic or big in the NBA right now. He could really bolster a playoff team’s bench. And I think he’s crafty enough to do what someone like D’Angelo Russell does on P&Rs, especially since he’s also so good posting up. And Duval could be a huge asset that might fit better in the NBA thanks to his physical gifts. I’ve never seen someone so athletic and good as passing that doesn’t make it in the NBA. He’d be a good gamble Late first.

To add to this, he’s older and 23 year old players don’t get drafted in the first round, but I’m high on DeVonte Graham. He’s a really underrated passer and the next best after Trae Young IMO. I could see him making an Ish Smith type of impact on a team.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Shake is no way a point in the NBA. His footspeed just isn’t good enough to get into the lane and he doesn’t have a handle. To be a point in the NBA the #1 requirement is the ability to get into the paint to either dish or finish via at the hoop or via floater. They have to A) have a good enough handle/first step to get around a defender or B) Be quick enough/crafty enough to get a guy off via pick&roll. Otherwise they’re just playmaking from the wing, which is a wing’s job.

In another thread you said Gary Trent is going to be "prime Tim Hardaway". Can you explain how Shake is not a point guard but Gary Trent (who can't handle at all) is "prime Tim Hardaway"?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Khyrie Thomas
Elie Okobo
Trevon Duval
Aaron Holiday
Jalen Brunson
Landry Shamet
Devonte Graham
Tony Carr
Jevon Carter
Keenan Evans
Kerwin Roach
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by doordoor123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Shake is no way a point in the NBA. His footspeed just isn’t good enough to get into the lane and he doesn’t have a handle. To be a point in the NBA the #1 requirement is the ability to get into the paint to either dish or finish via at the hoop or via floater. They have to A) have a good enough handle/first step to get around a defender or B) Be quick enough/crafty enough to get a guy off via pick&roll. Otherwise they’re just playmaking from the wing, which is a wing’s job.

In another thread you said Gary Trent is going to be "prime Tim Hardaway". Can you explain how Shake is not a point guard but Gary Trent (who can't handle at all) is "prime Tim Hardaway"?

First off, I said in his prime Trent is going to be Hardaway, who was a really similar player in college. Shake is SLOW. He can’t get into the paint. Even around picks he won’t be able to get to the basket because he’s just so slow. I don’t even think he can lose a man off of a pick in the NBA. He’s all pull-ups.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#10 » by SBM » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Holiday
Brunson

the rest
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#11 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Okobo
Shamet
Thomas

Holiday
Brunson

Duval

Roach
Carter

Graham

Carr
Evans
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#12 » by nolang1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Brunson
Okobo
Carter
Shamet
Holiday
Thomas
Graham
Duval
Roach
Evans

I'd put Shamorie Ponds at least 3rd on this list if he were included (Duval is just a month younger and Okobo is the only one who's less than a year older). I could see a team with multiple first-rounders using a mid-first round pick on Okobo to stash him like the Celtics did with Yabusele.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:Jalen Brunson
Tony Carr
Jevon Carter
Trevon Duval
Keenan Evans
Devonte Graham
Aaron Holiday
Elie Okobo
Kerwin Roach
Landry Shamet
Khyrie Thomas

In which order would draft these guys in?

Okobo Duval Brunson Holiday and Carr could get late first looks. Other PG listed unlikely. Carter would make sense early 2nd if a playoff team bought a pick.
Khyri Thomas is a 2 guard big east dpoy and wont fall past 20 sure he could play some point by committee but is not a floor general.
Shake Milton is a late 1st PG as well
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#14 » by bootsythornton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:04 am

Jevon Carter screams spurs, raptors, lakers type pick
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#15 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 am

Okobo is the wildcard prospect. If he blows up during the combine he could rise up a tier below Sexton and Young.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 am

sportsyard wrote:Jevon Carter screams spurs, raptors, lakers type pick

Doesn’t scream any of those IMO. Maybe Spurs, but they already have a ton of young point guards. Raptors will mostly always draft on upside and analytics. It’s also hard to see them taking Carter since they have both Wright and VanVleet. And the Lakers are the farthest team from taking Carter. The Lakers last year drafted a bunch of players that are really good at running in transitions and finishing in transition. They also picked guys that can shoot and had potential on defense. Carter is a half-court type of player, he’s a solid shooter but definitely not the type of shooter they need, and the only value he has to them is as a defender, but they’re pretty set at wing defense. Lonzo and Hart are both really good defenders.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:24 am

Shamet
Duval
Brunson

Brunson and Shamet to me have great chances at being a really good backup PG. Duval has the higher ceiling with his size/athleticism/handle. I can see a team taking Duval late 1st round like the Spurs did with Murray a couple years ago.

Then I got Khyrie Thomas in a group by himself after those guys. Everyone else is behind him and I don't think have a chance going 1st round.

I don't know much about Okobo but from the few videos I've seen, I can see putting him in that first group. He looks like an enticing guy late 1st round. But again this is based off of just a few videos of watching him.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#18 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:46 am

Half those guys aren't PGs yeah, I was just ranking the guys he provided.

Ponds would be up there to me, same with Carsen Edwards if he stays in this draft
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#19 » by SmokeyPaw » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 pm

DeAnthony Melton?
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,537

Post#20 » by Kalela » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 am

I am surprised Trevon Duval is now considered a 2nd rounder. It may take time but I am convinced will be a good NBA player.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to NBA Draft