ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (Welcome Dzanan Musa, Radions Kurucs & Theo Pinson!)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#281 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:40 am

Prokorov wrote:
if not i like Bates-Diop and Caleb Martin. both athletic SF's who play above the rim.

I'm a big fan of both of these guys if we wind up drafting this late. I think Keita goes top 25 though.

Although as fans we hope for miracles to happen and all want to move into the late lotto to mid-teens with something along the lines of a Dinwiddie plus 29 kind of move to get into the mid to late teens and then add a couple 2nd's to make an additional jump into that 10 to 15 range, the most likely move(s) will probably be something where Marks attaches one of the 2nds and maybe a future one to move up like 4 to 9 spots. That and maybe Widdie is dealt on his own for a pick in the very late teen's to early 20's if it's available, but after he reportedly turned down the Cleveland pick for him, they might not.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#282 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 am

Marks should be fired if he trades a future 1st just to move up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#283 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Marks should be fired if he trades a future 1st just to move up.

I meant a future 2nd lol, like the Knicks or Bucks pick. Not a one as in a first! :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#284 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:53 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Marks should be fired if he trades a future 1st just to move up.

I meant a future 2nd lol, like the Knicks or Bucks pick. Not a one as in a first! :lol:

**** i was going to say. the Nets can't trade a first round pick until 2070 at bare minimum.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#285 » by shakendfries » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 pm

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#286 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

It depends on where you can get & who is available. Word was that Marks loved Donovan Mitchell, but had no way of getting up there. Mitchell fell to #13. If he loves a player that slides a bit, and he can trade Dinwiddie plus a 2019 1st (a reportedly weak draft) for a pick in the 10-15 range that lands a guy he views as Donovan Mitchell caliber, you do it. Maybe he can even get minimal protections on the pick (e.g. top 2 protected in 2019 & top 1 protected in 2020). In our situation, to trade a future pick it has to be for a player Marks feels will be a potential future star.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#287 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Nooo trading future picks!

Sean Marks: "We don't want to skip any steps in this rebuild.. That's when franchises dig themselves into a hole."
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#288 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

It depends on where you can get & who is available. Word was that Marks loved Donovan Mitchell, but had no way of getting up there. Mitchell fell to #13. If he loves a player that slides a bit, and he can trade Dinwiddie plus a 2019 1st (a reportedly weak draft) for a pick in the 10-15 range that lands a guy he views as Donovan Mitchell caliber, you do it. Maybe he can even get minimal protections on the pick (e.g. top 2 protected in 2019 & top 1 protected in 2020). In our situation, to trade a future pick it has to be for a player Marks feels will be a potential future star.

the thought of trading a 1st round pick makes my hands tremble.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#289 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

I'd be OK with a scenario like that if he could put heavy protections on it in 2019, such as top 10 or so, then it conveys when we're hopefully in a better position, it would need like permanent top 8 protections though.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#290 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

It makes me queezy.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#291 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:37 pm

kamaze
General Manager

Post#292 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk 6'9 small forward born in the Ukraine played at Kansas

Strengths
played on and off guard in europe before going to Kansas
He can shoot it
Skilled player

weaknesses
defense

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#293 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

You're trading a first for a first. The net result is the same just a year earlier, which theoretically means you can be that much better before conveying the pick. There's probably at least a half-dozen players from the 2017 draft that you'd trade a lightly or unprotected 2019 pick for. 2018 may be the same. I trust Marks ability to make that decision.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#294 » by DarkXaero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 am

TheNetsFan wrote:

Source for that? FWIW, I also badly wanted us to trade up for Mitchell, but realized that we had no way of getting there :(
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#295 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 am

DarkXaero wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Source for that? FWIW, I also badly wanted us to trade up for Mitchell, but realized that we had no way of getting there :(

Yeah, Mitchell was definitely my dude out of that draft as well. He has a great chance for ROTY that's for sure, at least co-ROTY. He could never improve and he'll be a perennial All Star candidate.
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#296 » by Sleepyazn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 am

I think this draft we should avoid older players that can contribute right away. Go for the youngest best ceiling dudes that they can get.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#297 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 am

If Brian Bowen remains in this draft he's a very interesting target. The only reason he's going to stay in is if his NCAA ban isn't lifted or if it's too risky for him to wait and find out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#298 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:30 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:If Brian Bowen remains in this draft he's a very interesting target. The only reason he's going to stay in is if his NCAA ban isn't lifted or if it's too risky for him to wait and find out.

That's the kid who took money right? I don't blame him one bit for doing so. the NCAA is a **** show

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#299 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:If Brian Bowen remains in this draft he's a very interesting target. The only reason he's going to stay in is if his NCAA ban isn't lifted or if it's too risky for him to wait and find out.

That's the kid who took money right? I don't blame him one bit for doing so. the NCAA is a **** show

Yeah, the kid who got Pitino fired lol. Pitino coudn't get himself fired for banging dude's wives in Italian restaurants, or setting up 17 year old recruits with hookers, or paying for kids cars and clothes and what not, but hey, they findout a recruit's dad took 100 G's on the low to talk his son into playing for Louisville and he gets the axe. Who would have thought lol.

Idk a ton about this kid other than Youtube and scouting reports, but he looks tailor made for the NBA game in those highlights and game tapes. I'm guessing he'll go no higher then 10, probably somewhere in the late teen's is likely no matter how good he shows before the draft, just too much risk for him to go higher. He's the perfect upside pick if Marks trades up to the mid teen's to about 20 if he's there.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#300 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't think we'll be able to move up to get him but I think Kevin Knox could be Aaron Gordon-lite as a physical prospect but with a much more refined game under Kenny's tutelage.

Return to Brooklyn Nets