ImageImageImageImageImage

GT Game 2 Washington WIZARDS vs Toronto RAPTORS Time 7:00PM Tuesday TSN NBA TV

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Who will lead our bench

BEBE
8%
cj miles
17%
delon Wright
21%
Siakam
7%
FVV
47%

Total votes: 86

DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Re: GT Game 2 Washington WIZARDS vs Toronto RAPTORS Time 7:30PM Tuesday TSN NBA TV 

Post#1201 » by DeadHorse » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 am

Ions wrote:Wizards are the Raptors from 2 years ago

ECF bound?
HireTZ (And Bruno).
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,215

Re: GT Game 2 Washington WIZARDS vs Toronto RAPTORS Time 7:30PM Tuesday TSN NBA TV 

Post#1202 » by niQ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 am

Hero wrote:
"I basically got whatever I wanted," Wall added of how he felt Toronto defended him. "I missed a couple of easy shots, a couple of easy layups. I felt like I got fouled on some of them. Some of them I still have to make those. Other than that, I got everything I wanted. I got shots. I got shots for my teammates. Other than a couple of careless turnovers that I had I was frustrated with, I got everything I wanted."

Oh my

6/20
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#1203 » by Alfred » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am

GeordieRaptor wrote:I watch some of these trash analysts like Chris Broussard, Shaq and Nick Wright like you must have to have a brain the size of a peanut to be on these shows. Some of the posters on here could do a better job.

Nick Wright is probably the worst one. He looks like he won a contest to host a show on ESPN, and will be fired immediately if he stops saying stupid garbage.
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#1204 » by nitrous » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 am

Alfred wrote:
GeordieRaptor wrote:I watch some of these trash analysts like Chris Broussard, Shaq and Nick Wright like you must have to have a brain the size of a peanut to be on these shows. Some of the posters on here could do a better job.

Nick Wright is probably the worst one. He looks like he won a contest to host a show on ESPN, and will be fired immediately if he stops saying stupid garbage.

I can understand Shaq given he was a former allstar but guys that were not even NBA players themselves which just spew stuff bother me. How they ever passed an interview for the job is beyond me. :lol:
GeordieRaptor
Sixth Man
And1: 6,877

Post#1205 » by GeordieRaptor » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 am

Alfred wrote:

Not nice
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#1206 » by Geddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 am

You have to remember that stupid and controversial probably bring in more ratings than smart and informative.

Most people know a guy like Skip Bayless is an idiot but the stupid things he says fires people up and makes them tune in.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Raptors_Won
Junior
And1: 973

Post#1207 » by Raptors_Won » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:55 am

So I got this idea from a another's board, after each game we should have a poll as to who were the MVPs of the game. Good idea?
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#1208 » by Geddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 am

Sounds like a good idea
... But knowing this board it will probably lead to many arguments
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#1209 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:20 am

Raptors_Won wrote:So I got this idea from a another's board, after each game we should have a poll as to who were the MVPs of the game. Good idea?

Were you visiting Boston's board? :lol:

I also think it is a good idea to have some fun and see who is really contributing end of year. I guess for game one would be between Delon and Bebe.
Credits to Jstock12
6ixth_Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 7,054

Post#1210 » by 6ixth_Man » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:20 am

niQ wrote:
Hero wrote:
"I basically got whatever I wanted," Wall added of how he felt Toronto defended him. "I missed a couple of easy shots, a couple of easy layups. I felt like I got fouled on some of them. Some of them I still have to make those. Other than that, I got everything I wanted. I got shots. I got shots for my teammates. Other than a couple of careless turnovers that I had I was frustrated with, I got everything I wanted."

Oh my

6/20

https://streamable.com/y87s9
I take NO credit for any gifs or images that I post.
Raptors_Won
Junior
And1: 973

Post#1212 » by Raptors_Won » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 am

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:
Raptors_Won wrote:So I got this idea from a another's board, after each game we should have a poll as to who were the MVPs of the game. Good idea?

I also think it is a good idea to have some fun and see who is really contributing end of year. I guess for game one would be between Delon and Bebe.

Hahaaahaa, I didn't want to mention Boston but I didn't want to take credit for it,and at the same I didn't want to give acknowledgement so went with "another board".
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#1213 » by Patman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 am

niQ wrote:
Hero wrote:

Oh my

6/20

This is pretty much how I expected Wall to react, which is good for us. He's going to keep forcing things.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#1214 » by Lord Eder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:44 am

Patman wrote:
niQ wrote:
Hero wrote:
Oh my

6/20

This is pretty much how I expected Wall to react, which is good for us. He's going to keep forcing things.

If “everything he wants” is contested layups off straight line drives then I’m all for it. He’s taken a page out of the Norm Powell playbook. And while I do think he’s more than capable of making circus shots at the rim, he’s also clearly got rust.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#1215 » by Lord Eder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 am

We used to have these type of threads. 3 stars of the game with a poll. I think at the end of each series a tally was kept and we’d get a 3 stars of the series basically.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#1216 » by Alpha Mentality » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 am

6ixth_Man wrote:
niQ wrote:
Hero wrote:
Oh my

6/20

https://streamable.com/y87s9

I hope he keeps taking jump shots. Wastemen
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#1217 » by Courtside » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 am

Raptors_Won wrote:
TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:

Hahaaahaa, I didn't want to mention Boston but I didn't want to take credit for it,and at the same I didn't want to give acknowledgement so went with "another board".

We used to do that here. Whoever started the PG thread would run a poll with our players and it was voted on for three stars of the game. Then a couple of years ago it became a contest to see who could be first to start the PG thread with a funny meme and the polls disappeared.

So it's not a matter of copying another board, it's a matter of reviving something we used to do here anyways. Getting a poll started among the 5 or 10 postgame threads that pop up is a whole 'nuther story though - good luck with that.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#1218 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 am

stro wrote:
Patman wrote:
niQ wrote:
6/20

If “everything he wants” is contested layups off straight line drives then I’m all for it. He’s taken a page out of the Norm Powell playbook. And while I do think he’s more than capable of making circus shots at the rim, he’s also clearly got rust.

to be fair, wall's not wrong. a lot of those drives couldve easilty been foul calls if the refs wanted to call that. even the play lowry did at the end, with the vertality thing, ive seen refs call that a foul depending on how they feel. thats the beauty of nba reffing, refs can call whatever they want from game to game with no repercussion. wall could easily play the exact same way next game and take the exact same shots, except this time he shoots 15 free throws.

i actually wasn't impressed with raptors defense overall last game and wall is right in that he was getting wherever he wanted. we need to contain him better. the best stretch of d i saw from the team was in the second quarter when they were qucik on their rotations, containing penetration and contesting shooters.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#1219 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:04 am

wizards should really think long and hard about trading wall as soon as they can. malcontent that has a $200+ mil contract. that's bananas.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,762

Post#1220 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:04 am

CDN Uprising wrote:Max still got us

Btw... are the 76ers still the new favorite? Just don't talk about us guys if this is what happens.

Return to Toronto Raptors