ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis: We have to trust front office per espn

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Re: Porzingis: We have to trust front office per espn 

Post#41 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Knight, Dudley, Jackson? TERRIBLE deal...and the Suns won't take Tim Hardaway Jr's garbage contract but they will take anyone delusional to think KP is damaged goods.

Just because you're the "leading scorer" does NOT entitle you...nor does it necessarily qualify you as the leader.

ANYONE...I mean, anyone STILL hung up about KP's injuries. Look at Joel Embiid.

The Sixers used to be as STOO-pid as the Knicks. Telling their players to bulk up, train harder, and go all out on minutes. Guess what? Not giving guys time to grow into their bodies with a limit on minutes backfired. Embiid lost TWO years. Simmons lost one.

KP needs to be nurtured. Big bodies don't last long in general. Ask Ralph Sampson.

Again....I love that KP is telling everyone, the players place is to play. Don't be thinking you can do other people's jobs w/o having them.

THAT's the BEST leader, knowing your role.

Wasn’t about dudly or knight. I think U kinda missing my point. They help with our cap situation earlier. And we would add Jackson, and 2 draft picks

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#42 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:I am starting to think KP is damaged goods. He's an all world talent. But his years as Melo's understudy may have taught him some bad leadership habits.

I also really am starting to believe his body is not built for a full season, superstar minutes.
Here's what I propose,

New York and Phoenix

We offer

KP
Hardaway 4 years left
Lee 3 years left

we get

B Knight 3 years
Dudly 2 years
Josh Jackson

We also receive the 2 Phoenix picks this year.
We now are on pace to have our money right in 3 years completely
and
Gives us 3 picks in this years draft
Plus a starting back court of Frank and Jackson.

What do you think?

I don't think Pheonix does this.

Right now its really hard to determine KP's value..

Last off-season, he was a young promising player with still two years left on his contract.

Now, hes not gonna be playing much next year, and after that- is gonna be a max player.

You add to that injury issues, and it gets more complicated.

If Suns think KP and Booker can bring them to play-offs, and thats gonna be enough, even if it they never go past the 2nd round.. Then maybe..

But again, next year they are not going anywhere. Booker alone can't keep them alive until KP is ready, so they lose a year.

Perfect team for KP should be one who is already at least pretty good, and can lose some young assets and still be competitive.

Boston, again is the perfect example.

Something like Tatum, Memphis 2019 first, Clippers 2019 first and maybe some other young player or pick, considering both those earlier picks aren't gonna be very high because of protections, would be a decent deal for both teams.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#43 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm

As soon as KP shows he's 'back', I'd trade him. I see an injury prone player with a lot of drama in the future.
NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Post#44 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Reading this thread has been a pathetic experience

Some of you need to get a grip and chill out

Typicall Knicks fan BS
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#45 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:Wasn’t about dudly or knight. I think U kinda missing my point. They help with our cap situation earlier. And we would add Jackson, and 2 draft picks

And yet, you're missing my point. There's NO WAY in hell any franchise will take Tim Hardaway Jr's contract. He's the SEVENTH best player on a playoff team. The Knicks very much overpaid for a decent player.

Tell you the climate, the Knicks couldn't get rid of home boy Kyle O'Quinn who is making $4.2M/season with a player option. If the Knicks can't move that contract for a bag of balls, there's NO WAY a team is taking THJr's contract even with KP...

Cap Space = Freedom.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,060

Post#46 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#47 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:43 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:Wasn’t about dudly or knight. I think U kinda missing my point. They help with our cap situation earlier. And we would add Jackson, and 2 draft picks

And yet, you're missing my point. There's NO WAY in hell any franchise will take Tim Hardaway Jr's contract. He's the SEVENTH best player on a playoff team. The Knicks very much overpaid for a decent player.

Tell you the climate, the Knicks couldn't get rid of home boy Kyle O'Quinn who is making $4.2M/season with a player option. If the Knicks can't move that contract for a bag of balls, there's NO WAY a team is taking THJr's contract even with KP...

Cap Space = Freedom.

It was a weird trade deadline. Many teams (e.g. Knicks) screwed themselves giving out Noah-like contracts in 2016. As for KOQ, could be we were asking for a lot back. Who knows?

I'm still hoping that the market opens up a bit come 2/19.
Free Palestine
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#48 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:15 pm

;t=0s

KP is gonna make a reality show out of his rehab..
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#49 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:;t=0s

They really try to capitalize on everything. They are meant for nYC. They aint leaving.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#50 » by shtolky » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Is interesting that he said 9 months. I wonder if that's the timetable they gave him or he was just spitballing.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#51 » by fatalogic » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Looks like he is working with the same trainer which means he probably won't be fixing his poor movement patterns which probably contributed to the injury in the first place.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,077

Post#52 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm

fatalogic wrote:

Looks like he is working with the same trainer which means he probably won't be fixing his poor movement patterns which probably contributed to the injury in the first place.

They can have "Comeback: Season 2" when he blows out his knee again
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#53 » by nyczlegacy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:35 pm

what's he supposed to say? trade me?

dude's not gonna play for most of next season anyway, what else can he do but rehab that's the most important thing, has no trade value either right now

need that top 3 pick next year
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#54 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 pm

fatalogic wrote:

He’s 7’3 and the dude is a professional trainer. Playing all those minutes when he was fatigued was more of a reason why he injured his knee.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#55 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 pm

I'd love to see KP spend an offseason working with P3.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#56 » by fatalogic » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 pm

whocares1 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:

He’s 7’3 and the dude is a professional trainer. Playing all those minutes when he was fatigued was more of a reason why he injured his knee.

There was someone on the forum last off-season who called this KP injury based on watching those training videos he was releasing. The guy was right on the money but a lot of us ignored him because it seemed like he was being overly negative. When KP squats his knees buckle inward, that is usually a poor movement pattern that does lead to a lot of knee and acl issues.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,977

Post#57 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 pm

that really does look like a reality show. smh
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#58 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:55 pm

fatalogic wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:Looks like he is working with the same trainer which means he probably won't be fixing his poor movement patterns which probably contributed to the injury in the first place.

There was someone on the forum last off-season who called this KP injury based on watching those training videos he was releasing. The guy was right on the money but a lot of us ignored him because it seemed like he was being overly negative. When KP squats his knees buckle inward, that is usually a poor movement pattern that does lead to a lot of knee and acl issues. Not once in those videos did his trainer highlight or correct those issues.

And I agreed. I however did not factor in that nothing looks normal when you’re 7’3. Berman also had an entire article about his trainer recently and he seems like he knows his stuff. Idk I get what you’re saying, I just can’t believe that an experienced trainer for professional athletes would not know how to properly squat/dead lift.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/24/meet-the-man-who-is-rebuilding-kristaps-porzingis/
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,977

Post#59 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:55 pm

KP needs to stop that dumb sh*t and focus on coming back 100% instead of trying to get more clout.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#60 » by shtolky » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:KP needs to stop that dumb sh*t and focus on coming back 100% instead of trying to get more clout.

This is the 21st century athlete. Ben Simmons had a documentary made about him while he was still in college. I don’t think he’s gonna skimp on his rehab because of this, just have to hope he really puts in the work.

Return to New York Knicks