Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#1 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 am

Pick 19, LB from Boise State
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Re: Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#2 » by The Sparest » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 am

I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

Speaking of Landry, I can't believe he wasn't taken tonight. I hope trader Jerry is on the phone with Cle about that first pick tomorrow. I don't care if it costs our first next year, I want Landry that bad.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:33 am

I don’t have a problem going Defense and I don’t have a problem going ILB. I just thought this dude was a reach at 19.

Here’s hoping he’s not Bobby Carpenter.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#4 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm

The Sparest wrote:I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

Speaking of Landry, I can't believe he wasn't taken tonight. I hope trader Jerry is on the phone with Cle about that first pick tomorrow. I don't care if it costs our first next year, I want Landry that bad.

I agree with you about the benefit of the doubt but if Jerry won't trade 2/3 spots to get Edmunds or James, why would he trade 17 spots and especially move next years 1st to get to 33. I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
The Sparest wrote:I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I was hoping for Ridley, Landry, or a trade down.

I agree with you about the benefit of the doubt but if Jerry won't trade 2/3 spots to get Edmunds or James, why would he trade 17 spots and especially move next years 1st to get to 33. I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Well, if the price was along the lines of what the Saints gave the Packers, then I have no problem not trading. That one blew me away.

Supposed "medical issues" with Landry... any idea what those are?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t have a problem going Defense and I don’t have a problem going ILB. I just thought this dude was a reach at 19.

I don't know a damn thing about this kid to give a response one way or another. I am glad we went defense and LB. IMHO, we could use another LB down the line somewhere in this draft.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#7 » by The Sparest » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

Well, if the price was along the lines of what the Saints gave the Packers, then I have no problem not trading. That one blew me away.

Supposed "medical issues" with Landry... any idea what those are?

I haven't heard of any medical issues with Landry, but that would explain his slide. If he is healthy though, I would be willing to move next years first to get him, since we will most likely be looking for another pass rusher next year.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:48 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#9 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I think they're still trying to package a deal of picks for Earl Thomas.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hmm, interesting Jerry
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Jerry was half pickled on scotch on the rocks, :lol:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#11 » by Mr B » Wed May 9, 2018 3:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Jerry was half pickled on scotch on the rocks, :lol:

Half?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 pm

Love everything about this kid. Just can't help wondering if his neck issues is going to be his early downfall.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:29 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t have a problem going Defense and I don’t have a problem going ILB. I just thought this dude was a reach at 19.

I'm starting to wonder if his neck issue is going to be an ongoing problem.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 3, 2020 11:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It very well could be. I’m not sure if he had vertebrae fused but if he did that is was eventually ended Moose’s career. I will say though that the best thing the Cowboys could have done was get a five run stuffing DT in the middle of that DL. That is going to help LVE and Jaylon immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It very well could be. I’m not sure if he had vertebrae fused but if he did that is was eventually ended Moose’s career. I will say though that the best thing the Cowboys could have done was get a five run stuffing DT in the middle of that DL. That is going to help LVE and Jaylon immensely.

I can't find the damn thread where I was arguing with someone over our defense last season. For me I thought our defense played extremely well till we had some injuries and lost Vander Esch down the stretch. I remember losing by two points to the Jets, New Orleans and New England where Dak and the offense couldn't score any points. And when your offense struggles with numerous 3 and outs, eventually your defense gets burned out. We have weapons all over the place now and its time to see Dak step up and we should for sure find out if he is the QB of the future. No excuses now. Bad contract are now all gone, and the cancerous Garrett, Romo, Dez and Witten clan is finally gone that I have been gripping about for years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Tue May 12, 2020 12:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm starting to wonder if his neck issue is going to be an ongoing problem.

I can't find the damn thread where I was arguing with someone over our defense last season. For me I thought our defense played extremely well till we had some injuries and lost Vander Esch down the stretch. I remember losing by two points to the Jets, New Orleans and New England where Dak and the offense couldn't score any points. And when your offense struggles with numerous 3 and outs, eventually your defense gets burned out. We have weapons all over the place now and its time to see Dak step up and we should for sure find out if he is the QB of the future. No excuses now. Bad contract are now all gone, and the cancerous Garrett, Romo, Dez and Witten clan is finally gone that I have been gripping about for years.

You have to remember that our offense was really good last year too. I think even with the additions on the offensive end it will once again come down to defense. This team will go as far as their defense will take them. With a new staff, new starting CB, 3 new starters on the DL and LVE’s questionable health there are a lot of question marks on the defense. Hopefully they will all come together and the new staff will make a big difference.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:It very well could be. I’m not sure if he had vertebrae fused but if he did that is was eventually ended Moose’s career. I will say though that the best thing the Cowboys could have done was get a five run stuffing DT in the middle of that DL. That is going to help LVE and Jaylon immensely.

You have to remember that our offense was really good last year too. I think even with the additions on the offensive end it will once again come down to defense. This team will go as far as their defense will take them. With a new staff, new starting CB, 3 new starters on the DL and LVE’s questionable health there are a lot of question marks on the defense. Hopefully they will all come together and the new staff will make a big difference.

Except vs. teams a winning record.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Well... if anyone still thinks we should throw a bag of money at this brittle b***h, I'm not sure what else to say.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Well... if anyone still thinks we should throw a bag of money at this brittle b***h, I'm not sure what else to say.

I honestly think the Cowboys will be looking to completely retool the LB corp. Quinn has typically preferred smaller faster LB’s in his scheme. I think they will move on from Jaylon and will not extend LVE unless it’s a super team friendly deal. I could see them drafting a couple LB’s in the middle rounds.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:26 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Well... if anyone still thinks we should throw a bag of money at this brittle b***h, I'm not sure what else to say.

Hi Otis. I sure miss having you around. :kiss

Return to Dallas Cowboys