And now... on to tonight.

Go get Courtland Sutton.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: 2018 Mock Drafts-Cowboys Selections 

Post#122 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:42 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:Giants probably just leapfrogged us offensively, probably as a team too.

You can't be serious, :rofl: :bowdown:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#123 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:Giants probably just leapfrogged us offensively, probably as a team too.

Yeah... I wouldn't go that far. Not yet. But between Barkley and Zeke, I like the NFC East returning to its roots. Pound the rock.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#124 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:Vander Esch, no other words

Definitely not who I wanted. I will give the kid a chance though. I remember feeling the same way about Travis Fredrick. According to Jerry and Stephen this was a Will McClay pick. I have concerns about his neck and I’m not fond of guys that climb up the boards as quick as he did. I don’t trust guys that end the college season as a 3rd round pick but end up 1st rounders after the Combine. I guess we’ll see what happens.

I’m putting a lot of trust in Will McClay on this one. Because I’m with you - last month he was a 2nd rounder and now he’s #19? As I said in the other thread, I don’t have a problem going ILB... my problem is with this dude. So we shall see...

You have to admit, Jerry and Stephen haven't given McClay much help the past 3 years. It was actually a bit heart warming to see them give McClay a shot and some say. IMHO, McClay is the only coach we have had that has over performed. Let hope he knows more about what he is doing that we do. I'm really o.k. with the pick, I just don't know a damn thing about this kid at the moment.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#125 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yeah... I wouldn't go that far. Not yet. But between Barkley and Zeke, I like the NFC East returning to its roots. Pound the rock.

I would never admit this on the general board, but IMHO, the Giants got one of the best and top 5 players in this whole draft. I saw about 5 Penn State games last year. He is the real deal. And I knew the damn Chicago Bears where gonna get the guy I wanted of course.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#126 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Definitely not who I wanted. I will give the kid a chance though. I remember feeling the same way about Travis Fredrick. According to Jerry and Stephen this was a Will McClay pick. I have concerns about his neck and I’m not fond of guys that climb up the boards as quick as he did. I don’t trust guys that end the college season as a 3rd round pick but end up 1st rounders after the Combine. I guess we’ll see what happens.

I’m putting a lot of trust in Will McClay on this one. Because I’m with you - last month he was a 2nd rounder and now he’s #19? As I said in the other thread, I don’t have a problem going ILB... my problem is with this dude. So we shall see...

I'm with both of you, he's on the team now so i'll cheer for him but I was super frustrated last night. The talks about we couldn't get Edmunds or James b/c they'd be gone top 10 and we'd have to trade a ransom to get them and there they go sliding down the board to the point where how much would you have to give up to move up 2 or 3 spots. The potential number 1 LB and S were still there. I'd love to here if they actually tried b/c in my heart I already know the answer. NO. Good for him thoughs, he seems like a great kid, passionate but not Dez passionate and is eager to get to work and win us games. I hope he develops.

According to Stephen the price was too high to move up. Teams were asking for a boat load because of the QB’s. They are actually valuing their picks now that Stephen is more in charge.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#127 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And now... on to tonight.

Go get Courtland Sutton.

I would love Sutton but I’m not sure I would move up to draft him. If he falls to 50 then he’s absolutely the guy. There are so many quality WR’s still on the board that I would just wait to see who falls. One guy I really like (besides Sutton) is Christian Kirk. Not a big guy like Sutton but he does have the speed to take the top off a defense. Both Sutton and Kirk are likely gone by 50. If they are I like Anthony Miller from Memphis or James Washington from OK St.

There are also some really good Guards still on the board too. They could go that way to solidify the OL and add depth (which was a huge problem last year).

If they want to take a health risk guy I’d consider DT Maurice Hurst from Michigan. Or they could go with the LB that has only 1 hand. If he had both hands he’d easily be a mid-1st round pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#128 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

They still have no one to block for them. They could change all that though today. Let’s all hope they do not draft Will Hernandez. If they do their team just got real scary.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:And now... on to tonight.

Go get Courtland Sutton.

I would love Sutton but I’m not sure I would move up to draft him. If he falls to 50 then he’s absolutely the guy. There are so many quality WR’s still on the board that I would just wait to see who falls. One guy I really like (besides Sutton) is Christian Kirk. Not a big guy like Sutton but he does have the speed to take the top off a defense. Both Sutton and Kirk are likely gone by 50. If they are I like Anthony Miller from Memphis or James Washington from OK St.

There are also some really good Guards still on the board too. They could go that way to solidify the OL and add depth (which was a huge problem last year).

If they want to take a health risk guy I’d consider DT Maurice Hurst from Michigan. Or they could go with the LB that has only 1 hand. If he had both hands he’d easily be a mid-1st round pick.

Anthony Miller might be the best kept secret on the board. So I'll keep quiet.

But I'd love to get him...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#130 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:04 pm

I want more defense !!!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#131 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Well Jason Witten just retired. That changes everything. I would seriously look at trading up for Dallas Goedert now. He’d be a great fit in this offense.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Mr B wrote:Well Jason Witten just retired. That changes everything. I would seriously look at trading up for Dallas Goedert now. He’d be a great fit in this offense.

You beat me to it.

Changes everything. I completely agree with you. Go get Goedert.

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#133 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Good for Witten.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#134 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I want more defense !!!

That's a very rational take there. :wink:
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#135 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Mr B wrote:Well Jason Witten just retired. That changes everything. I would seriously look at trading up for Dallas Goedert now. He’d be a great fit in this offense.

Witten Dez'ed Jerry, but at least he didn't wait until the draft was over. That being said, RICO TIME. What other FA TE's are out there.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#136 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:

Witten Dez'ed Jerry, but at least he didn't wait until the draft was over. That being said, RICO TIME. What other FA TE's are out there.

We’ll finally be able to see if any of the TE’s they have can do anything. Witten was great but he was a total progress stopper for any young TE that came through Dallas.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#137 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Is any there any interest on this board of drafting Griffin at LB, not 2nd but maybe in the 3rd or 4th
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#138 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#139 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:47 pm

So its either Seattle bites on Earl Thomas or Courtland Sutton.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#140 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:So its either Seattle bites on Earl Thomas or Courtland Sutton.

I really don’t think they have any interest in trading a 2nd or 3rd for Earl Thomas.

Return to Dallas Cowboys