ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,373

Re: OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies? 

Post#1321 » by robillionaire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

ITGM wrote:
Binance to Add “USD To Crypto” Trading Pairs Soon: Both XVG/USD and XRP/USD to get a Boost

https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/04/19/binance-to-add-usd-to-crypto-trading-pairs-soon-both-xvg-usd-and-xrp-usd-to-get-a-boost/

That's right folks: USD, not USDT!
:o :o :o

I was looking to diversify into a few altcoins so I looked into this new "USD" coin, seems like a shytcoin to me. A lot of places in my area are now accepting it. But it's centralized with idiotic governance, 100% pre-mined (top 10% has like all the coins already), infinite supply with no hard cap and they print more like crazy. Apparently the main reason people are using this is because the devs will try to kill you if you don't. 2/10 Would not HODL. Buyer Beware!
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#1322 » by ITGM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm

robillionaire wrote:
ITGM wrote:
Binance to Add “USD To Crypto” Trading Pairs Soon: Both XVG/USD and XRP/USD to get a Boost

https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/04/19/binance-to-add-usd-to-crypto-trading-pairs-soon-both-xvg-usd-and-xrp-usd-to-get-a-boost/

That's right folks: USD, not USDT!
:o :o :o

I was looking to diversify into a few altcoins so I looked into this new "USD" coin, seems like a shytcoin to me. A lot of places in my area are now accepting it. But it's centralized with idiotic governance, 100% pre-mined (top 10% has like all the coins already), infinite supply with no hard cap and they print more like crazy. Apparently the main reason people are using this is because the devs will try to kill you if you don't. 2/10 Would not HODL. Buyer Beware!

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#1323 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:38 am

Have to say, if we hold $9200 and start more movement up, I might think a bottom is in. Too soon to say though.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,905

Post#1324 » by GettinitDone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Put in $60K in January, demolished big time to $6K by March, but has 2x now to $12K.

Am still an enthusiast. $48K lesson. Very optimistic to make my money back and more in 1-2 yrs :D
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#1325 » by ZKnicks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:24 pm

GettinitDone wrote:Put in $60K in January, demolished big time to $6K by March, but has 2x now to $12K.

Am still an enthusiast. $48K lesson. Very optimistic to make my money back and more in 1-2 yrs :D

Very nice! You got a bigger set than I do, that's for sure. I put in a nice amount, but nowhere near 60k.

I think you are going to be just fine in the long run. Depending on what you invested in, in a few years you will have quite the nest egg.

I am still down 30% overall. Better than the 65% I was down a few weeks ago.
I'm still all in on TEL. 50% of my portfolio is in there and I have such faith in the project.
Hopefully in the near future we can all look back at 1st quarter 2018 and laugh...
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1326 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Yaaasssssssssss
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#1327 » by frothbrain » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 pm

GettinitDone wrote:Put in $60K in January, demolished big time to $6K by March, but has 2x now to $12K.

big baller
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,520

Post#1328 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:23 am

My TRX and ADA coins looking on the up and up right now..

I don't see any big news, is it just because BitCoin is recovering?
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,905

Post#1329 » by GettinitDone » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:06 am

ZKnicks wrote:

Very nice! You got a bigger set than I do, that's for sure. I put in a nice amount, but nowhere near 60k.

I think you are going to be just fine in the long run. Depending on what you invested in, in a few years you will have quite the nest egg.

I am still down 30% overall. Better than the 65% I was down a few weeks ago.
I'm still all in on TEL. 50% of my portfolio is in there and I have such faith in the project.
Hopefully in the near future we can all look back at 1st quarter 2018 and laugh...

Was deciding between Crypto and buying a house. I went that route of buying property before, could do what I have been doing: same old cash flow from rent income, (very) slow growth, and having to manage tenants for years, etc, or I could choose Crypto, which was something totally new and I was obviously pulled in by the bull market in December. They say the fastest way to learn is to just do it, so at first I put in $250 on Coinbase to test it, and I just decided **** property I am going all Crypto and over the next 2 weeks I put $50K lol... added another $10K in March.

Currently putting on Wanchain, POA, Bluzelle, and Loom. I am just following Ian Balina's tips, so many ppl hate him because they think he's a shiller. But I think most, if not all of his info are legit and informative. I think he's sincere in sharing his insights so ppl can go to the moon lol. But instead ppl perceive him as being a show off, which is a shame.

Wish I had more fiat to put in when the market was $260B a few weeks ago (wish I had put all my $60K here, instead of in January :( how my position would be so different, I'd probably have $150K now), they have all at least doubled since, like most coins following the market (now $435B).
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1330 » by robillionaire » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 pm

:o
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#1331 » by ITGM » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:48 am

Im Coming Home wrote:My TRX and ADA coins looking on the up and up right now..

It's an amalgamation of Tron being listed on new exchange sites, their Mainnet launch coming up on May 31st, and their 2 billion dollar reward pool for new developers. The current overall consensus on Tron is that it's legitimately a top 10 coin and no longer considered a "Sh*t coin."

https://ethereumworldnews.com/tron-trx-promises-10000-transactions-per-second-with-mainnet-launch/

https://cryptoglobalist.com/2018/04/16/tron-trx-migrates-from-the-ethereum-blockchain-with-a-2-billion-reward-on-sight/
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:03 am

ITGM wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:My TRX and ADA coins looking on the up and up right now..

It's an amalgamation of Tron being listed on new sites, their Mainnet launch coming up on May 31st, and their 2 billion dollar reward pool for new developers. The current overall consensus on Tron is that it's legitimately a top 10 coin and no longer considered a "Sh*t coin."

https://ethereumworldnews.com/tron-trx-promises-10000-transactions-per-second-with-mainnet-launch/

https://cryptoglobalist.com/2018/04/16/tron-trx-migrates-from-the-ethereum-blockchain-with-a-2-billion-reward-on-sight/

Nice! Guess I will hold onto Tron for awhile then.

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,473

Post#1333 » by EnigmatiC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Nice to be in the green for once, up about 13% right now. Was down probably close to 50%.
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#1334 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:55 pm

I only own two coins, Tron and Cardano, both are rising right now and I'm loving it. Hope this will end up making me money in a few years down the road as I am going for a long hold.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Post#1335 » by j4remi » Sat May 12, 2018 11:56 am

Just popping in to say I've been looking at TKY (TheKey) and I think that ish has some real potential as long term hold. Got to grab it at just about 2 cents with this dip which meant I could grab a bundle and chill.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#1336 » by RHODEY » Sat May 12, 2018 6:44 pm

GettinitDone wrote:

Currently putting on Wanchain, POA, Bluzelle, and Loom. I am just following Ian Balina's tips, so many ppl hate him because they think he's a shiller. But I think most, if not all of his info are legit and informative. I think he's sincere in sharing his insights so ppl can go to the moon lol. But instead ppl perceive him as being a show off, which is a shame.

Wish I had more fiat to put in when the market was $260B a few weeks ago (wish I had put all my $60K here, instead of in January :( how my position would be so different, I'd probably have $150K now), they have all at least doubled since, like most coins following the market (now $435B).

Yeah Ian Balina basically got me into this game last year. I was surprised at all the animosity when he said he was hacked. A couple youtubers were hinting that he was BSing to avoid taxes. But yeah Ian's tips have been spot on for the most part, he was the first to rate ICOs using the spreadsheet and analytics....I guess his success may caused a little envy.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1337 » by RHODEY » Sat May 12, 2018 6:46 pm

j4remi wrote:Just popping in to say I've been looking at TKY (TheKey) and I think that ish has some real potential as long term hold. Got to grab it at just about 2 cents with this dip which meant I could grab a bundle and chill.

Havent had time to research TKY but will definitely look into it.
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#1338 » by ZKnicks » Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 pm

RHODEY wrote:
j4remi wrote:Just popping in to say I've been looking at TKY (TheKey) and I think that ish has some real potential as long term hold. Got to grab it at just about 2 cents with this dip which meant I could grab a bundle and chill.

Havent had time to research TKY but will definitely look into it.

TKY and SelfKey (KEY) are very similar. I did a bunch of research into both a few months ago. Personally I felt stronger about KEY and invested a little in them. Both are very solid projects s imo.
I’m still all about TEL though. Pulling for DENTand SNM as well.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1339 » by RHODEY » Fri May 18, 2018 3:35 am

Bit Cone...LOLS..

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1340 » by reub » Wed May 23, 2018 2:35 am

Nobel Prize winning economist says that cryptocurrencies are doomed:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/markets/yale-robert-shiller-crypto-money/2018/05/22/id/861709/

Return to New York Knicks