ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#461 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue May 8, 2018 3:08 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
levendis wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
I see Miles as a SF/PF tweener. Mikal is a little to thin. I really think Miles has NBA ready body right now. Could play the 4 with KP at the 5/injured and the 3 with KP at the 4.

Either one is cool with me...I just think I like Miles a little more.

I lean towards Mikal because he offers great production in two of the most important areas in the game now. Miles has a little jack of all master of none quality about him.

Fair enough. I like Mikal too. I just think Miles is more NBA ready physically. He can defend. He can shoot. He can finish through contact. He looks stronger. Gets above the rim. Either one would be a good pick for us.

And he’s a lefty!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#462 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 8, 2018 3:14 am

I'm really high on Frank's potential. For those who say he's not a PG, they are wrong. He 100% has point guard instincts. His issue was beating guys off the dribble, which he struggled to do because he lacks the strength to drive past his guy; that will improve as he continues to mature/fill out his frame. His handle also needs work, however, that will also come with time and work in the gym (which I see by his insta he's already doing).

What's so tantalizing about him is that in a PG dominated league, he has the potential to lock down the opposing PG, which would be huuuge for us. Consistently, I'd look at the box score and see that Frank had one of the highest +/- on the team. The dude affects winning basketball on the defensive end tremendously, and with his continued development on offense, the potential is really high. It's gonna be fun winning games with great defense like previous successful knicks teams; nothing like great defense to ignite the Garden
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,927

Post#463 » by stuporman » Tue May 8, 2018 6:15 am

I think if anyone expects Frank to be a typical but oversized "PG " they will be disappointed, although I think he has a more flexible role with a dynamic team impact, a guard/wing version of Draymond Green.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#464 » by Besart19 » Tue May 8, 2018 7:09 am

Frank will be our Magic Johnson.

A 6'9 point guard that thrives on open court

Porzingis - Abdul Jabar
Randle - McAdoo
Leonard - Worthy
Bridges - Scott
Ntilikina - Johnson

Fizdale - Baba O'Riley
Strength and Honour!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,148

Post#465 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 8, 2018 10:31 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#466 » by 2010 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 am

"I see a possibility with a two-way player," Fizdale said Wednesday morning on ESPN. "The kid takes real pride in defending. He got big-time wingspan. He's a combo guard. I think we could get him where he's knocking down that 3-ball every single time, feet set. His shot's already looking pretty good. I think he's a little too unselfish. But again, I think he has that competitive streak I really like. That's all I hear about from people in the organization, from his teammates. So I'm really looking forward to coaching the kid and seeing where we can get him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/david-fizdale-excited-coach-knicks-guard-frank-ntilikina-article-1.3981139

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#467 » by WargamesX » Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

2010 wrote:
"I see a possibility with a two-way player," Fizdale said Wednesday morning on ESPN. "The kid takes real pride in defending. He got big-time wingspan. He's a combo guard. I think we could get him where he's knocking down that 3-ball every single time, feet set. His shot's already looking pretty good. I think he's a little too unselfish. But again, I think he has that competitive streak I really like. That's all I hear about from people in the organization, from his teammates. So I'm really looking forward to coaching the kid and seeing where we can get him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/david-fizdale-excited-coach-knicks-guard-frank-ntilikina-article-1.3981139

Great praise but I noticed he wasn't referred to as a PG by Fizdale......
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Post#468 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu May 10, 2018 12:54 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
2010 wrote:

didnt he emphasize that al of them are just guards and not Pg or Sg in the press conference
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#469 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 10, 2018 1:26 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
2010 wrote:

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#470 » by WargamesX » Thu May 10, 2018 3:06 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

didnt he emphasize that al of them are just guards and not Pg or Sg in the press conference

So then the next question is does that mean Fizdale believes in the idea that sg/pg don't exist, or that the knicks don't have a pg?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#471 » by GONYK » Thu May 10, 2018 3:24 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

So then the next question is does that mean Fizdale believes in the idea that sg/pg don't exist, or that the knicks don't have a pg?

He believes the guards are interchangeable based on their strengths
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#472 » by WargamesX » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

GONYK wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:didnt he emphasize that al of them are just guards and not Pg or Sg in the press conference

He believes the guards are interchangeable based on their strengths

Ok I am glad to hear that. Thank you for clarifying.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#473 » by taj2133 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm

I think frank need to play vegas summer league mudiay and burke are going to work on there game with fiz this summer i think franks needs this summer league to prove himself.
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,272

Post#474 » by Futureisnow » Sun May 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Not a stellar rookie year by any stretch but he's so young it's hard to say what he'll be. His work ethic is top notch and I'm curious to see what he looks like in summer league. Anyone who writes him off already is crazy.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#475 » by Fat Kat » Sun May 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#476 » by NYKAL » Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:I'm really high on Frank's potential. For those who say he's not a PG, they are wrong. He 100% has point guard instincts. His issue was beating guys off the dribble, which he struggled to do because he lacks the strength to drive past his guy; that will improve as he continues to mature/fill out his frame. His handle also needs work, however, that will also come with time and work in the gym (which I see by his insta he's already doing).

What's so tantalizing about him is that in a PG dominated league, he has the potential to lock down the opposing PG, which would be huuuge for us. Consistently, I'd look at the box score and see that Frank had one of the highest +/- on the team. The dude affects winning basketball on the defensive end tremendously, and with his continued development on offense, the potential is really high. It's gonna be fun winning games with great defense like previous successful knicks teams; nothing like great defense to ignite the Garden

I think you limit him. He has point guard skills, shooting guard skills and has the size to guard some forwards. Dude should have NO defined position. He could truly become a Draymond Green type player. Whatever is needed, Frank can do it :)
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#477 » by F N 11 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm

I want Frank to prove himself at the 1. Mudiay and Burke are more of a 2 than Frank because they are more aggressive in scoring and driving. Frank is only more of a 2 now because he has to sure up his handle and he's big enough to guard 2's. Once he puts it together he's a 1 period. I really think he was put off ball because of his shaky handles.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#478 » by Tron Carter » Mon May 14, 2018 3:53 pm

K P 6 wrote:I want Frank to prove himself at the 1. Mudiay and Burke are more of a 2 than Frank because they are more aggressive in scoring and driving. Frank is only more of a 2 now because he has to sure up his handle and he's big enough to guard 2's. Once he puts it together he's a 1 period. I really think he was put off ball because of his shaky handles.

it’s all about confidence and getting a feel for the game. he has a rookie season under his belt and he stayed healthy. i keep harping back to his performance during the fiba u-18 championship game. that’s frank playing his true position, with confidence, at his best.
R.I.P Black Mamba
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#479 » by BKAY » Mon May 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I think its mind blowing that some think there is only one side to the basketball game. If he isnt scoring , he isnt good. Yet, here is a 19 year old who is out of the gate, one of the best defenders at the guard position IN THE LEAGUE. and its not even over-hyping him in typical knicks fan fashion. The numbers and the eye test corroborate this.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#480 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 14, 2018 5:43 pm

K P 6 wrote:I want Frank to prove himself at the 1. Mudiay and Burke are more of a 2 than Frank because they are more aggressive in scoring and driving. Frank is only more of a 2 now because he has to sure up his handle and he's big enough to guard 2's. Once he puts it together he's a 1 period. I really think he was put off ball because of his shaky handles.

agreed, his value is truly at the 1, where he can lock down the opposing PG. A lot more good PG's in this league than good SG's, so defensively you actually want him guarding 1's

Return to New York Knicks