Re: Which team will win the Eastern Conference Finals?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team will win the Eastern Conference Finals? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu May 10, 2018 6:39 pm

1. Cavaliers
2. Celtics
Joe-P
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Joe-P » Fri May 11, 2018 12:30 pm

As much as I'm tired of seeing Warriors/Cavs take a wild guess what's gonna happen again... LeBron continues his legacy by getting by the Celtics and reaching yet another Finals. Though it won't be like the sorry Raptors, Brad Stevens will take it to 6 or 7 games. But the issue is that who can guard the King? Tatum is too inexperienced, Brown isn't good enough on D. The only hope is Morris, but he is either gonna be a star or sub par. Without Star talent the Celtics can't add up to LBJ. Even with them beating the Bucks (no coaching staff noticeable) and then the 76ers (Simmons needs a jump shot and Stevens destroyed Brent Brown), this doesn't put them past the best in the League(LeBron). Although Statistics may show it favoring either side, you have to remember that the stats favored Toronto heavy... and we had 4 games. If LeBron can take the 06-07 Cavs to the finals, he can easily take the Cavs to the Finals this year. Even if they lose in 5 games :lol:
Im open to criticism, don't be afraid to fire back if you think Im crazy wrong. Just be respectful.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#3 » by theman » Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Joe-P wrote:As much as I'm tired of seeing Warriors/Cavs take a wild guess what's gonna happen again... LeBron continues his legacy by getting by the Celtics and reaching yet another Finals. Though it won't be like the sorry Raptors, Brad Stevens will take it to 6 or 7 games. But the issue is that who can guard the King? Tatum is too inexperienced, Brown isn't good enough on D. The only hope is Morris, but he is either gonna be a star or sub par. Without Star talent the Celtics can't add up to LBJ. Even with them beating the Bucks (no coaching staff noticeable) and then the 76ers (Simmons needs a jump shot and Stevens destroyed Brent Brown), this doesn't put them past the best in the League(LeBron). Although Statistics may show it favoring either side, you have to remember that the stats favored Toronto heavy... and we had 4 games. If LeBron can take the 06-07 Cavs to the finals, he can easily take the Cavs to the Finals this year. Even if they lose in 5 games :lol:
Im open to criticism, don't be afraid to fire back if you think Im crazy wrong. Just be respectful.

Could the Cavs have had a luckier path to the finals? First they match up with the Pacers, a team many expected to be competing for the top pick in the draft not a first round playoff win. Then they get a mediocre Raptors team and now they get a Celtics team that is missing two all-stars and two key contributors.

Yet, I still think it should be a close series.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 pm

theman wrote:
Joe-P wrote:As much as I'm tired of seeing Warriors/Cavs take a wild guess what's gonna happen again... LeBron continues his legacy by getting by the Celtics and reaching yet another Finals. Though it won't be like the sorry Raptors, Brad Stevens will take it to 6 or 7 games. But the issue is that who can guard the King? Tatum is too inexperienced, Brown isn't good enough on D. The only hope is Morris, but he is either gonna be a star or sub par. Without Star talent the Celtics can't add up to LBJ. Even with them beating the Bucks (no coaching staff noticeable) and then the 76ers (Simmons needs a jump shot and Stevens destroyed Brent Brown), this doesn't put them past the best in the League(LeBron). Although Statistics may show it favoring either side, you have to remember that the stats favored Toronto heavy... and we had 4 games. If LeBron can take the 06-07 Cavs to the finals, he can easily take the Cavs to the Finals this year. Even if they lose in 5 games :lol:

Could the Cavs have had a luckier path to the finals? First they match up with the Pacers, a team many expected to be competing for the top pick in the draft not a first round playoff win. Then they get a mediocre Raptors team and now they get a Celtics team that is missing two all-stars and two key contributors.

Typical attempt to discredit the East
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#5 » by Knickstape7 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:03 am

attempt? bro the east has been horrible for the past 10 years thats why lebron gets killed in the finals
Stillwater wrote:
theman wrote:

Typical attempt to discredit the East
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Re: Re: Which team will win the Eastern Conference Finals? 

Post#6 » by colaroaster » Sat May 12, 2018 4:26 am

lebron gets all the calls or has a temper tantrum is what the nba's all about
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#7 » by Whetzell » Sat May 12, 2018 8:04 am

SEMI
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#8 » by jason bourne » Sun May 13, 2018 12:04 am

This battle should be an interesting matchup because it pits having superstars (LeBron and Kevin Love) vs team defense. The Celtics do not have Kyrie and Gordon Hayward. We shall see which help win championships more.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Traderwest
Junior
And1: 107

Post#9 » by Traderwest » Sun May 13, 2018 8:53 pm

LeBron will be overrated in this series.

Cavs are too old.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#10 » by totalrekall » Mon May 14, 2018 1:52 am

I had the Celtics in 6 before the series started bc Boston has about 5 good defenders they can try on LeBron. for once a team and a coach willing to minimize LeBron's impact on the game. get the ball out of his hands. dont know why LeBron is the only superstar in NBA history that was single covered his whole career. weird as hell
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#11 » by gino_giode » Mon May 14, 2018 1:28 pm

jason bourne wrote:This battle should be an interesting matchup because it pits having superstars (LeBron and Kevin Love) vs team defense. The Celtics do not have Kyrie and Gordon Hayward. We shall see which help win championships more.

Kevin Love is barely a reserve all star, much less a "super star"
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Donnyxc » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I hate making predictions like this, but I think the Celtics are really well prepared for LeBron and the Cavs. Khris Middleton and Giannis Antentokounpo taught the boys a good lesson early on regarding how to defend generational and shooting talents. Simmons and Embiid also prepared the Team regarding how to contain fast-breaks and uptempo offenses.

They matchup well against the Cavs. They exploited Korver defensively, and Kyle is a huge part of Cleveland's identity. Forcing him off the floor because of being bullied by Brown, Morris, et all is a great ploy by Stevens. Additionally, Clarkson is just not great defensively. They are going after him.

I especially applaud Stevens on the decision to play iso defense, only helping on backside switches. When Cleveland tries to switch a guard like Rozier onto LeBron, Horford sags off his defender and plays into the post. LeBron can try to drive/pass. He makes the pass, guns for the open basket, Brown presses up on that defender while Horford leaves his man, Rozier switches out, and the play is dead. James is forced into a contested long 2. LeBron isn't shooting well from deep this series, and Stevens is also going to try to exploit that.

On the Celtics end, the Cavs offense is not something that the team hasn't already seen in the Bucks or Sixers. Each team came with athletic generational firepower, and with strong quick shooters. Like Jaylen said, force James to give max effort on both ends of the floor, and we're going to have a competitive series.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Boston has proven a lot of people wrong this season, but anyone who thinks the Cavs are not still the favorite after game one blowout in this series have not seen enough of what CLE is capable of.I expect CLE to win in 6.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#14 » by AK47MVP » Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 pm

a lot of delusional people still thinking Cavs have a chance?

Return to Polls Discussion