ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks off season thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#441 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 pm

GONYK wrote:In the modern NBA, there is no need for a player like Kanter. Especially at his price tag.

There is a reason Greg Monroe is a minimum player now.

yep, Kanter's value is as a scoring option off the bench. Defensively he cant hang with the starters, but on the bench his defense can be hid a bit
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#442 » by Tron Carter » Mon May 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
LOL, why? He averaged a double double. He's an offensive rebounding machine. He shoots well over 50%. He makes his free throws. He hustles more than any player on the team. He's a great teammate. He plays hurt.

he hurts fans eyes when we have to watch him play defense, can’t stretch the floor, refuses keep his mouth shut on social media (including that pathetic plee to recruit LeBron), and plays a redundant position on this roster.

and he’s a **** CORNBALL

OK, the Kanter hate has gotten silly now.

MOST of our guys don't play defense, so why single out Kanter?? In fact, that's one of the reasons we brought in Fiz was so he could fix our defensive problems. According to coach: "I'm gonna get in their butts about defense." Believe that!

Also, there are PLENTY of players in KNICKS history to hate. How Kanter is "the MOST hated" is nonsensical.

As for him being a cornball, I couldn't care less. If he can learn better defense, keep pulling down boards, and continue to be a hustle player, I wouldn't care if he skipped down the street in a dress while licking a lollipop. Just play good basketball and win games. That's all I'm concerned about!!

except he will never get better on defense. he is what he is. and for the record I hate most of this **** roster outside of kp and frank.

Timmy? Lance? Burke? Mudiay? you could cut all those bums tomorrow and I wouldn’t shed not one tear.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#443 » by Tron Carter » Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 pm

GONYK wrote:In the modern NBA, there is no need for a player like Kanter. Especially at his price tag.

There is a reason Greg Monroe is a minimum player now.

only difference between moose and kanter is that monroe is a better passer.
R.I.P Black Mamba
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#444 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 pm

K P 6 wrote:Image

Well damn !! Is this shade at Fiz or nah?

"Van Exel was among the staff members who publicly congratulated JB Bickerstaff for the promotion"
-hoopshype

was thinking the same thing
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#445 » by br7knicks » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knicks-still-planning-amnesty-180031229.html

i don't **** get it. why stretch?

keep him for this year. maybe he'll change himself. he'll get very limited minutes. then trade him next year when his contract is expiring.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#446 » by GEOLINK » Mon May 14, 2018 11:51 pm

br7knicks wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knicks-still-planning-amnesty-180031229.html

keep him for this year. maybe he'll change himself. he'll get very limited minutes. then trade him next year when his contract is expiring.

Front office probably sees something they don't like in Noah as a mentor/example to the rest of the team and want him off ASAP.

That's the only explanation I can come up with.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#447 » by AllanHoustonFan » Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 pm

br7knicks wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knicks-still-planning-amnesty-180031229.html

The only thing I can think of is the front office really thinks Noah would negatively impact the young players with his attitude (even though it seems all the players love him, including Frank)

or

THE NBAPA is threatening the Knicks behind closed doors to put Noah on the active roster or let him go.
#MKGA
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#448 » by El Poochio » Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Steve Mills: So this other guy; he's a Tank Commander like you, right?
The Perryminator: Not like me. A T-1000, advanced prototype.
Steve Mills: You mean more advanced than you are?
The Perryminator: Yes. A memetic fiz-dalloy.
Steve Mills: What the hell does that mean?
The Perryminator: Talks fluid.

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#449 » by vallen » Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 am

its a dumb idea. we have a good opportunity to add some rebuilding pieces while gaining flexibility, but instead were gunna stretch him and sign somebody that wont be a difference maker and limp around like we always do. per usual were showing everyone we have no real plan in place.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#450 » by malik959 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
he hurts fans eyes when we have to watch him play defense, can’t stretch the floor, refuses keep his mouth shut on social media (including that pathetic plee to recruit LeBron), and plays a redundant position on this roster.

and he’s a **** CORNBALL

OK, the Kanter hate has gotten silly now.

MOST of our guys don't play defense, so why single out Kanter?? In fact, that's one of the reasons we brought in Fiz was so he could fix our defensive problems. According to coach: "I'm gonna get in their butts about defense." Believe that!

Also, there are PLENTY of players in KNICKS history to hate. How Kanter is "the MOST hated" is nonsensical.

As for him being a cornball, I couldn't care less. If he can learn better defense, keep pulling down boards, and continue to be a hustle player, I wouldn't care if he skipped down the street in a dress while licking a lollipop. Just play good basketball and win games. That's all I'm concerned about!!

except he will never get better on defense. he is what he is. and for the record I hate most of this **** roster outside of kp and frank.

Timmy? Lance? Burke? Mudiay? you could cut all those bums tomorrow and I wouldn’t shed not one tear.

Kanter, although gifted on offense, is a bottom 5 worst defensive center in the league and probably the worst defensive starter in a position that should be the strongest defender on a team. He doesn't even contest anyone driving so basically he just rolls out the red carpet.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#451 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 12:03 am

I don't get it. Why write an article based on a Mark Berman quote? :lol: The entire article is based on a single sentence from a Berman article?
:beer: RIP mags
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#452 » by Adelheid » Tue May 15, 2018 12:51 am

I think Dolan is really irritated seeing a Knicks player being paid handsomely while doing nothing. Personally I dont like the idea of stretching his contract but its the FO's call.
br7knicks

Post#453 » by br7knicks » Tue May 15, 2018 1:00 am

GEOLINK wrote:

Front office probably sees something they don't like in Noah as a mentor/example to the rest of the team and want him off ASAP.

That's the only explanation I can come up with.

It really feels that's the only reason. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#454 » by br7knicks » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:

The only thing I can think of is the front office really thinks Noah would negatively impact the young players with his attitude (even though it seems all the players love him, including Frank)

or

THE NBAPA is threatening the Knicks behind closed doors to put Noah on the active roster or let him go.

That's what I'm afraid of.
RIP, magnumt '19

vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#455 » by vallen » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am

Adelheid wrote:I think Dolan is really irritated seeing a Knicks player being paid handsomely while doing nothing. Personally I dont like the idea of stretching his contract but its the FO's call.

irritated by it ? Its pretty much been his business strategy since getting here. the list of players and coaches hes allowed to be paid for nothing is like no other GM in the history of anything. hell he even gives them jobs after.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#456 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 am

br7knicks wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:

or

That's what I'm afraid of.

NBAPA haa nothing to say. If the Knicks are willing to bring him back and he doesn't want to...that's on him. Which is why Perry has stated that everything is on the table.

Not to mention...this talk is based on a Berman quote. :lol: Wait to see what happens. The team has definitely not made this statement. They said the EXACT opposite.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#457 » by F N 11 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 am

I have a problem. I want Kanter to opt out but I’m scared af if he does we will give Kyle like 10 mil a year.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#458 » by Adelheid » Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 am

vallen wrote:
Adelheid wrote:I think Dolan is really irritated seeing a Knicks player being paid handsomely while doing nothing. Personally I dont like the idea of stretching his contract but its the FO's call.

irritated by it ? Its pretty much been his business strategy since getting here. the list of players and coaches hes allowed to be paid for nothing is like no other GM in the history of anything. hell he even gives them jobs after.

While its true that that has been the song all throughout the Dolan years, I would chalk it up as him being surrounded by incompetent executives who are somehow only good at sweet-talking him into forking out the dosh and end up failing. He seems to have a circle of trust that are just horrible at what they are being tasked to do. I mean, the NY rangers look just fine out there with Glen Sather and he aint one of Dolan's cronies.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#459 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 1:36 am

K P 6 wrote:I have a problem. I want Kanter to opt out but I’m scared af if he does we will give Kyle like 10 mil a year.

If Kanter/Kyle opt out...we won't have to stretch Noah. What we do with that money? Overpay an RFA most likely. No FA is worth going for this year.

We're not out of the woods yet. :lol: There are plenty of mistakes that can be made between now and Camp.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#460 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 am

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1181929/

Since it doesn't seem like Jamal will be back for TWolves, Perry/Mills should try to sell them Lee for #20 and Aldrich

Return to New York Knicks