ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2241 » by Mecca » Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:

What’s Austin’s career BA in the MLB?

Exactly

And how many games has he had a chance to play in the last 2 seasons?

Exactly.

Consistency in playing time is a huge part of how a major leaguer matures and improves.

The organization has bent over backwards for the one leg Bird. If he doesn’t stay off the DL, he’s quickly becoming the next Carl Pavano or Nick Johnson.

Moving on....

This 3-game series will be Bryce Harper’s the Yankees should have gone out of their way for me, statement. I dunno why but it wouldn’t shock me if this prick ends up playing for the Red Sawx. Just a gut feeling. Maybe not this season or the next but somehow this guy will be playing against the Yankees.

He doesn’t play everyday because he wasn’t a top prospect and doesn’t hit righties well but facts don’t resonate well with you.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#2242 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Looks like the Yanks going with Andujar over Drury for now.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2243 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 am

How do you guys feel about saying screw Bryce and signing Corbin + Andrew Miller and a veteran to 1-2 year deal like Cruz/Murphy/Beltre?
Brooklyn Nets
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,782

Post#2244 » by Rich Rane » Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 am

Red Sox lost to the As tonight.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#2245 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 15, 2018 2:07 am

Mecca wrote:How do you guys feel about saying screw Bryce and signing Corbin + Andrew Miller and a veteran to 1-2 year deal like Cruz/Murphy/Beltre?

Screw Bryce? Yes
Corbin? Nah. His velocity has dipped a bit this season. Plus contract year + NL Pitcher scares me.
Andrew Miller? Sure if it's a 2 year deal
Cruz/Murphy/Beltre: At this point, if we want to bring anyone in, it should be a lefty. Murphy's gonna cost a lot of money and he's coming off knee surgery. Cruz is always a threat, but do we really need him? Same with Beltre honestly.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2246 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 2:35 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:How do you guys feel about saying screw Bryce and signing Corbin + Andrew Miller and a veteran to 1-2 year deal like Cruz/Murphy/Beltre?

Screw Bryce? Yes
Corbin? Nah. His velocity has dipped a bit this season. Plus contract year + NL Pitcher scares me.
Cruz/Murphy/Beltre: At this point, if we want to bring anyone in, it should be a lefty. Murphy's gonna cost a lot of money and he's coming off knee surgery. Cruz is always a threat, but do we really need him? Same with Beltre honestly.

Good point. However, what SP would you go after? I’m a big Keuchel guy but he’s 30+. However he is a ground ball pitcher and that works well in YS.
Brooklyn Nets
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#2247 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 15, 2018 2:40 am

Mecca wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Screw Bryce? Yes

Good point. However, what SP would you go after? I’m a big Keuchel guy but he’s 30+. However he is a ground ball pitcher and that works well in YS.

honestly man i hate our track record with FA pitchers. Outside of CC and maybe Mike Mussina, we've been terrible in that regards.

I'd have to look at the FA list, but off of initial glance, I don't see a lot of attractive names.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2248 » by levendis » Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Screw Bryce? Yes

honestly man i hate our track record with FA pitchers. Outside of CC and maybe Mike Mussina, we've been terrible in that regards.

I'd have to look at the FA list, but off of initial glance, I don't see a lot of attractive names.

Mussina was amazing for us. Most FA pitching deals turn out to be poor. But sometimes you get lucky and get Scherzer.

Keuchal is good, but I'd be worried about his injury history and losing more velocity over the life of the contract. I'm a huge fan of Corbin. The drop in velocity and injury concern is also a worry though. But his K rate has spiked with going to the slider more, seems sustainable.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Re: RE: Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2249 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 am

Rich Rane wrote:Red Sox lost to the As tonight.

best record in the league for now
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#2250 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 am

levendis wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Mussina was amazing for us. Most FA pitching deals turn out to be poor. But sometimes you get lucky and get Scherzer.

Keuchal is good, but I'd be worried about his injury history and losing more velocity over the life of the contract. I'm a huge fan of Corbin. The drop in velocity and injury concern is also a worry though. But his K rate has spiked with going to the slider more, seems sustainable.

Maybe we can acquire Cole Hamels for some prospects that are stuck in the system if we're at that point come July. Problem is Hamels has us on his no-trade list.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2251 » by levendis » Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 am

Phish Tank wrote:
levendis wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Maybe we can acquire Cole Hamels for some prospects that are stuck in the system if we're at that point come July. Problem is Hamels has us on his no-trade list.

He's pretty bad, I'd pass. He'll probably leverage that to get us to pick up his option. The only option that presents as a possibly upgrade is Fulmer, who always sucks in the 2nd half. I'm at the point where I don't think anyone available is better than Sheffield. I say trade for another reliever or two and shore up the pen. Unless the Giants make Bumgarner available I'd pass on aquiring any starters.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#2252 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 am

"If something goes bad, I wouldn't put it past Cash to trade Stanton to the Dodgers and convince Hal that Harper would be worth the money," one rival executive told me. "With that lefthanded power, he's really the perfect fit and they know how much he wants to play there."

Harper has never hid his fascination with the Yankees, which goes back to his father passing along his love for Mantle to him as a kid growing up in Las Vegas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/bryce-harper-yankees-union-giancarlo-stanton-article-1.3989307

Rest of the article is good. Goes into detail of how Harper has a close connection with the Yankees because of his dad. I really hope we get him.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#2253 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 am

Phish Tank wrote:

Screw Bryce? Yes

I don't think Murphy will cost much, he's already like 35 and he's coming off an injury. We need that lefty contact hitter and he can play the infield. Corbin I would still go after, the rest I'll pass.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2254 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 am

Phish Tank wrote:
levendis wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Hamels stinks imo
Brooklyn Nets
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,289

Post#2255 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 am

GEOLINK wrote:"If something goes bad, I wouldn't put it past Cash to trade Stanton to the Dodgers and convince Hal that Harper would be worth the money," one rival executive told me. "With that lefthanded power, he's really the perfect fit and they know how much he wants to play there."

Harper has never hid his fascination with the Yankees, which goes back to his father passing along his love for Mantle to him as a kid growing up in Las Vegas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/bryce-harper-yankees-union-giancarlo-stanton-article-1.3989307

Rest of the article is good. Goes into detail of how Harper has a close connection with the Yankees because of his dad. I really hope we get him.

Why move Stanton? Adding Harper to this lineup would be INSANE!! Who needs pitching? Play Judge in center. Move Harper to left.

Torres
Judge
Harper
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Andujar
Whatever.

:lol: That would be INSANE!!!
:beer: RIP mags
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#2256 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:"If something goes bad, I wouldn't put it past Cash to trade Stanton to the Dodgers and convince Hal that Harper would be worth the money," one rival executive told me. "With that lefthanded power, he's really the perfect fit and they know how much he wants to play there."

Why move Stanton? Adding Harper to this lineup would be INSANE!! Who needs pitching? Play Judge in center. Move Harper to left.

Torres
Judge
Harper
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Andujar
Whatever.

I never said to move Stanton. LOL

But yeah, that lineup looks amazing.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,289

Post#2257 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Torres
Judge
Harper
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Andujar
Whatever.

Umm...the very first sentence in your post does. :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:
:beer: RIP mags
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#2258 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Torres
Judge
Harper
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Andujar
Whatever.

Umm...the very first sentence in your post does. :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Umm... it clearly has quotes meaning it’s from the article and not my actual thoughts... :crazy:
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#2259 » by blue and orange » Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 am

Why not add Harper and a starting pitcher it can be done its Cashman and the Yankees anything is possible. Adding Harper would be like adding Durant to the Warriors.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#2260 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Adding harperbis a no brainer. You do it if you can. He’s still really young, he just turned 25. Crazy to think about.

We can get by with ok pitching if we added Bryce to that lineup. We need a lefty bat as well.

Return to New York Knicks