ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks off season thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#501 » by newyorker4ever » Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 pm

magnumt wrote:I keep saying this, but I don't understand the hate for Woodson. The man took us to 54 Wins! Our most successful Season since Ewing!!! He also had our team playing very well on BOTH ends of the floor.

He'd be a WELCOMED addition to the Coaching staff and make Fizzy's life easier too.

I can't remember, did Porzingis get to play with Woodson?

--Mags :beer:

Phil fired Woody when he got the job so no KP didn't play under Woody.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#502 » by NoLayupRule » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
magnumt wrote:I keep saying this, but I don't understand the hate for Woodson. The man took us to 54 Wins! Our most successful Season since Ewing!!! He also had our team playing very well on BOTH ends of the floor.

He'd be a WELCOMED addition to the Coaching staff and make Fizzy's life easier too.

the only real problems with Woodson were the nightmarish reliance on switching defensive assignments and the eventual loss of his team’s confidence.

The switching might have been a by product of the players but the loss of the team definitely was
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#503 » by fatalogic » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

He should try to steal Olidipo’s trainer.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#504 » by magnumt » Tue May 15, 2018 9:12 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

It's a shame. I think Porzingis would've benefited from him. He utilized Horford well and I think he would've done wonders with a 1-2 combo of KP & Melo. Especially with KP's Defense and ability to play on BOTH ends of the court. :dontknow:

Phil's mistake was pairing a Rookie Coach with a Rookie. :nonono:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#505 » by malik959 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

The only true reason Wood got fired is because Phil wanted to run the triangle so either or Fish or Kerr was the option.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#506 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Dont have any issue with Woody as an assistant/lead assistant. He never came across as a snake, vying for Pringles' job. What I liked about Woodson was that he seems to be all business. Anyone remember much drama in his tenure? Guys competed hard for him
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,543

Post#507 » by Maury2423 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 pm

fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

He's actually training down here in south Florida at DBC Fitness with David Alexander. The guy has made a name for himself in the professional sports industry. I just applied for an internship, hopefully I get it!
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#508 » by fatalogic » Tue May 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

He's actually training down here in south Florida at DBC Fitness with David Alexander. The guy has made a name for himself in the professional sports industry. I just applied for an internship, hopefully I get it!

Good luck, hope you get it to then we can have an inside man lol.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,292

Post#509 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#510 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

good luck bro!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#511 » by magnumt » Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Good luck! Can you give us more details on his trainer and what you've heard about what their doing if anything? Maybe start a new Thread tho for it if you have any insight & info so it won't get lost in here. :D

magnumt6
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#512 » by Thugger HBC » Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Dont have any issue with Woody as an assistant/lead assistant. He never came across as a snake, vying for Pringles' job. What I liked about Woodson was that he seems to be all business. Anyone remember much drama in his tenure? Guys competed hard for him

Probably a better assistant than head coach. Overall the team was fun to watch under Woodson, he valued the three and encouraged defense.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,543

Post#513 » by Maury2423 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 pm

magnumt wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:
fatalogic wrote:He should try to steal Olidipo’s trainer.

Good luck! Can you give us more details on his trainer and what you've heard about what their doing if anything? Maybe start a new Thread tho for it if you have any insight & info so it won't get lost in here. :D

Absolutely, I can do that later tonight, maybe after the lottery and game2.

I know what DBC Fitness focuses on is the biomechanics of the body and human movement. He helps a lot of athletes with getting their body in peak shape by focusing on basic movements that many pro athletes neglect and helping with aligning their bodies back to how it is supposed to be, to avoid injury. It's really cool stuff. I know that he's Wade's right hand man when it comes to his body, LeBron is often training with him in the offseason, along with several other athletes ranging from golf to NFL. Last summer was Dipo's first time training with him, and Dipo contributes a lot of his improvement this yr to his body being able to move and withstand the grind. Right now, from the the NBA I think he is currently working with Fournier, Jah Okafor, Dipo, Chalmers, and Wade is always training with him when he's in town.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by magnumt » Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:

I know what DBC Fitness focuses on is the biomechanics of the body and human movement. He helps a lot of athletes with getting their body in peak shape by focusing on basic movements that many pro athletes neglect and helping with aligning their bodies back to how it is supposed to be, to avoid injury. It's really cool stuff. I know that he's Wade's right hand man when it comes to his body, LeBron is often training with him in the offseason, along with several other athletes ranging from golf to NFL. Last summer was Dipo's first time training with him, and Dipo contributes a lot of his improvement this yr to his body being able to move and withstand the grind. Right now, from the the NBA I think he is currently working with Fournier, Jah Okafor, Dipo, Chalmers, and Wade is always training with him when he's in town.

Good looks bro!

Put all of that info (plus anything else you know/heard) in the separate Thread too my man. Thanks!

magnumt6
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#515 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:Dont have any issue with Woody as an assistant/lead assistant. He never came across as a snake, vying for Pringles' job. What I liked about Woodson was that he seems to be all business. Anyone remember much drama in his tenure? Guys competed hard for him

Probably a better assistant than head coach. Overall the team was fun to watch under Woodson, he valued the three and encouraged defense.

other than the iso, he was kinda ahead of the time. We used to kill him for switching on D and now the teams that do that well are the most successful. and we shot a record # of 3 pointers at that time
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,274

Post#516 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:

Can he teach Mudiay not to fall down on every layup?
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#517 » by knickstape4ever » Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 am

opinions on signing Julius Randle this offseason?

Frank
Timmy
Mikal/Miles
Randle
KP

That's a pretty solid, balanced starting 5. Got a good mix of defense (Frank, KP, Mikal?), low-post offense (Randle, KP), 3PT shooting (KP, Mikal?, Timmy and Frank should be better)

I realize this would hinder potentially getting a max FA in 2019, but not assured we can get one of Kawhi, Thompson, Kyrie, or Butler, the only 4 stars other than Lebron and Durant who won't come here
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#518 » by GEOLINK » Wed May 16, 2018 6:29 am

knickstape4ever wrote:opinions on signing Julius Randle this offseason?

From what I've heard, he has potential but isn't consistent enough to put it together.

Eh... pass.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#519 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 am

Bring back the Wood-Son......

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#520 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

yep, hell he and D'Antoni were switching on defense while both were coaching us and before :lol:

But the two guard lineups as well were a foreshadowing of what to come. Problem is that we (and Woodson) used the wrong personnel to execute it and we had a lot of flawed players.

Return to New York Knicks