ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#861 » by br7knicks » Tue May 15, 2018 11:06 pm

so anyone who has been on the board for almost 10 years, like me, knows that i will never be confused for a genius.

but am i the only one who gets irrationally angry over things like this? i still get irrationally angry with one guy at work because he refuses to chew with his mouth closed - yes, a 45 year old man still has to chew with his mouth open. :banghead: :crazy: :roll:

http://www.viralthread.com/annoyed-by-chewing-noises-is-a-genuine-psychiatric/?utm_source=joker&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AZB

when i was like 6 - 10 years old, i used to get mad at my older brother. he'd chew with his mouth open, and i'd politely ask him to stop please - as our parents were right there, i did what was expected. he wouldn't stop, so i'd start to get angry, but expected my parents to get him to stop. they didn't, so he'd ramp it up. my parents would let it get to a point where i'd start throwing chairs because he wouldn't stop chewing with his mouth open.

i was then forced to eat in the basement, alone, whenever i'd ask him to stop chewing, obnoxiously, with his mouth open, then go nuts when he wouldn't stop
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#862 » by King of Canada » Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am

br7knicks wrote:so anyone who has been on the board for almost 10 years, like me, knows that i will never be confused for a genius.

but am i the only one who gets irrationally angry over things like this? i still get irrationally angry with one guy at work because he refuses to chew with his mouth closed - yes, a 45 year old man still has to chew with his mouth open. :banghead: :crazy: :roll:

http://www.viralthread.com/annoyed-by-chewing-noises-is-a-genuine-psychiatric/?utm_source=joker&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AZB

when i was like 6 - 10 years old, i used to get mad at my older brother. he'd chew with his mouth open, and i'd politely ask him to stop please - as our parents were right there, i did what was expected. he wouldn't stop, so i'd start to get angry, but expected my parents to get him to stop. they didn't, so he'd ramp it up. my parents would let it get to a point where i'd start throwing chairs because he wouldn't stop chewing with his mouth open.

i was then forced to eat in the basement, alone, whenever i'd ask him to stop chewing, obnoxiously, with his mouth open, then go nuts when he wouldn't stop

:lol: you sound exactly like my 9 year old, chairs and all! His older sister sits across from him and does this every day.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#863 » by br7knicks » Sat May 19, 2018 11:40 am

King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:so anyone who has been on the board for almost 10 years, like me, knows that i will never be confused for a genius.

:lol: you sound exactly like my 9 year old, chairs and all! His older sister sits across from him and does this every day.

I asked my parents about this a few years ago. They got a kick out of how crazy I'd get. They'd stop it once I started throwing chairs and stools tho :lol:.

That, and your boy is a genius. I, too, am the second born. Think there's some sort of correlation lol
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#864 » by King of Canada » Sat May 19, 2018 12:01 pm

br7knicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

I asked my parents about this a few years ago. They got a kick out of how crazy I'd get. They'd stop it once I started throwing chairs and stools tho :lol:.

That, and your boy is a genius. I, too, am the second born. Think there's some sort of correlation lol

I was second born too, and I put many things through the wall trying to hit my older brother :D
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#865 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Hey, was looking to get season tickets in the 100 level but apparently prices aren't out yet. Anyone have tickets already and knows the cost?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,049

Post#866 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Tech question. I keep getting kicked off RealGM on my phone because I've either won something or need to download antivirus crap. Is this normal? Can I get it to stop? I will be in the middle of a post and get booted! FUQ!!
:beer: RIP mags
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#867 » by robillionaire » Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Tech question. I keep getting kicked off RealGM on my phone because I've either won something or need to download antivirus crap. Is this normal? Can I get it to stop? I will be in the middle of a post and get booted! FUQ!!

The same thing happens to me. I have yet to find a solution. This is a realgm problem
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#868 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:42 am

Red Vines wrote:Let me introduce myself. I have a sweet tooth for Red Vines. I grew up on the 90s Knicks, love Patrick Ewing. Been on this forum for 13 years, graduated college, got married, bought our first house, chasing kids around while I post, no complaints. I remember my first posts criticizing fans for being pessimistic, I've always been an optimistic fan, trying to see the glass half-full. I've had the opportunity to be a moderator but instead recommended other people who I thought would do a good job. A lot has changed but I'm here every season cheering on this dumb team. Anyway, these last few months have sucked. I've been banned 3 times because some people strongly disagree with some of my opinions and have convinced others I'm trolling. For the record, the last thing on my to-do list is to make other Knicks fans more miserable. I'm trying to figure out the best way forward like everyone else, saving myself and others from more misery. The policy I recommend and try to follow is to agree to disagree, admit you could be wrong, and don't take anything personal.

A couple days ago I explained why I thought Mike Budenholzer is not a good fit in the coaching thread. After that I saw a new article on Twitter about Mark Jackson and linked to that. After that I was banned for trolling because some people could not take a different perspective seriously. That is not how the Knicks forum should operate and for the most part doesn't. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions no matter how strongly others disagree. If your goal is to eradicate jokes or opinions that don't fit your narrative, I don't think this is the right place for you. The aim of a discussion forum is not to achieve uniform agreement on controversial topics in order to make everyone comfortable. If an opinion poll goes 100% towards your preferred option, that is not a reason to celebrate, it means the forum is broken because it doesn't reflect the diversity of opinion that actually exists. There will always be significant disagreement and the last thing that needs to be protected by moderators are majority opinions which are in no danger of being bullied into silence.

I just want to strongly urge everyone to end this kind of mob mentality/personal grudge way of handling things because it damages the Knicks forum which has been one of the most tolerant and fun sports forums on the internet. There's always going to be unpopular positions taken, people you don't like, jokes you're offended by, and that's really what makes the forum alive. Being annoyed with someone doesn't mean they are trolling, the problem could be a lack of tolerance for other perspectives. RealGM Lifehack: If you don't want to read someone's opinions you can hide their posts, you don't need to accuse them of having bad intentions, trying to bait you, or report them because of some unfounded suspicions you have. At least that's my opinion. This is my last post, let's agree to disagree and keep it moving. Please don't report this.

Just read this now. Hope to see you come back. Always been one of my favorite posters on the board. Never afraid to speak his opinion even if it went against what the majority believed. I Always thought he was very intelligent and had a high basketball IQ. 13 years and people treat him like hes a rookie here.

Truth is Trey Burke was our best PG all year round. Myself, Red Vines and maybe 2-3 others really knew that. Even when Burke came up and started balling people wanted to hate on him. Dude drops 50 and 10 and people still want to hate on him. He plays good defense and plays hard and he still gets labled a bad defender and hated on still. and so what if Red Vines was trolling with the Mark Jackson stuff? Let him troll. I troll all the fking time. You cant take internet message board posting 100% serious all the time. And even if he wasnt trolling...so what? Let him have his opinion. Isnt that what this website is all about? Being able to have an opinion and then debate that opinion with a bunch of people.

90% of the people on Realgm are just bitter, angry people. They have nothing better to do then hate on everbody else because they hate their own lives. Whether they bash and go after certain posters, or go on twitter to bash their most disliked athletes, they are always hating on somebody.

Posting here can be stressful. I cant even imagine how many times i have made a post and either
1. Erased it and didnt post it.
2. Post it then Delete it immediately
3. Edit it multiple times right after posting it.

Just because i know it could cause controversy or a debate i dont really feel like getting into. I post majority of the time from my phone also so takes a while to respond to 7 people at one time, but when you go against the grain thats what happens. You get 13 notifications, 12 quotes and 1 like and everybody supporting one opinion whether its wrong or right. But a lot of people here just go with what is popular. The Popular opinion has been wrong many times here. Myself and Redvines have been here a LOOONG time so we know that the poplular opinion is not always right. Not even close. Despite 90% feeling one way and they will gang up on you to let it be known, then later on they are wrong and off berating another user about being wrong, stupid or whatever.

Anyways, i have always respected Redvines as a poster. I know what its like to get ganged up on also. I know what its like to get reported and banned for bull **** reasons. But i guess thats to be expected if you want to give your honest feelings on an internet message board. :roll:

Hope to see you come back. The board needs more realness and you were one of the Real ones.

Red Vines top 5 DOA
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#869 » by Clyde_Style » Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Just putting this here because the NFL Protest thread was locked and I'm not going to start another one, but I feel people should know about this if they don't already.

It is just coming out now that Dallas Cowboys owner has admitted he pressured the owners to comply because Trump said he would not let it go.

Trump basically IS THE REASON the NFL owners made their kneeling ban.

This is a giant can of worms now because that means the players know Trump himself is trying to control them and this will not end well at all now.

lots of articles on google

https://www.google.com/search?q=jerry+jones+trump
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#870 » by Clyde_Style » Thu May 31, 2018 2:53 pm

One of my biggest peeves too along with people who snap their gum on the bus or in a movie theater.

My father did it and I was constantly asking him to eat with his mouth closed. It drove me crazy
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#871 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:36 pm

What's up with the site? I have to re-login even when I simply wake up my computer and click the tab (the page was already open).
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#872 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:51 am

SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#873 » by SuperflyKnick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 am

Just saw a blog which has ny trading Joak Noah and lee to Atlanta for scraps and 2020 first round pk top 5 protected .... exactly what we need to do ...
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,049

Post#874 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jul 1, 2018 1:22 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:Just saw a blog which has ny trading Joak Noah and lee to Atlanta for scraps and 2020 first round pk top 5 protected .... exactly what we need to do ...

:lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#875 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 4, 2018 8:31 am

For those who need a good laugh today, Trump just got perfectly trolled by a dictionary :lol:

He originally spelled pore as pour then retweeted it with the correct spelling

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

and J.K. Rowling

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#876 » by King of Canada » Thu Jul 5, 2018 3:55 pm

BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#877 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:42 pm

^ Sweet
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#878 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:

POTUS Greeted by Golden Showers in Moscow
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#879 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:16 am

Clyde_Style wrote:For those who need a good laugh today, Trump just got perfectly trolled by a dictionary :lol:

He originally spelled pore as pour then retweeted it with the correct spelling

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

and J.K. Rowling

Read on Twitter

He knows all the best words.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#880 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:18 am

I like this new and improved Community Thread.
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks