2018 Offseason Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread 

Post#621 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:What are the chances that PG13 comes back? I am all over the place on this one.

What kind of deal can the Thunder make to show PG13 he should stay here?

I go back and forth depending on the day. I’ll say 50/50.
If you could move Adams for beal, Porter, Middleton-type player, I would do it. Also, hope there is some kind of offseason scandal in Lexington this summer and Billy takes over for cal. Otherwise, it’s all pointless.

They could move Adams. But, I think they only move Adams for a STUD. Kawhi is a pretty intersting guy. I think a Adams, Abrines, & Roberson for Kawhi & Patty Mills. I think this works becasue the players on the Thunder are cut from the same cloth that Spurs players are and Adams is all of that type of player.

The Thunder are going to have some options. The can go out and get another star, then add mid level and minimum guys. If we trade Adams I could see Brook Lopez as a potential replacement. The next 40 days should be pretty interesting.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#622 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:28 pm

spearsy23 wrote:We really judging picks off one season now,?

No Sorry. I think overall Presti & Co. have done a decent job of drafting and developing guys. They hit on 3 MVP's to start out the first three years with the organization. They have been able to get back into the later lottery with some success. They have also found some good players in the later parts of the draft.

But, the draft is such a crapshoot. He drafted 3 MVP's. I think he has done ok.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#623 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:What are the chances that PG13 comes back? I am all over the place on this one.

If you could move Adams for beal, Porter, Middleton-type player, I would do it. Also, hope there is some kind of offseason scandal in Lexington this summer and Billy takes over for cal. Otherwise, it’s all pointless.

They could move Adams. But, I think they only move Adams for a STUD. Kawhi is a pretty intersting guy. I think a Adams, Abrines, & Roberson for Kawhi & Patty Mills. I think this works becasue the players on the Thunder are cut from the same cloth that Spurs players are and Adams is all of that type of player.

The Thunder are going to have some options. The can go out and get another star, then add mid level and minimum guys. If we trade Adams I could see Brook Lopez as a potential replacement. The next 40 days should be pretty interesting.

I don’t think that gets it done. Probably need to swap abrines for Ferguson. I’m not sure how much the injury lowers his value.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#624 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I go back and forth depending on the day. I’ll say 50/50.

I don’t think that gets it done. Probably need to swap abrines for Ferguson.

Lets say its both of them.

Westbrook, George, & Kawai and then a bunch of free agents. We could also use Melo's $28 million to acquire some additional talent, if he lets the Thunder deal him.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#625 » by slick_watts » Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm

rotfl. adams and roberson for kawhi? why in the world would the spurs do this?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#626 » by getrichordie » Wed May 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Knrstz wrote:Ferguson is almost a year younger than OG. I’m. Im boat predicting him to become an allstar but I’m not labeling him as a bust yet. He’s only 19 and shot significantly better from three the second half of the season. Right now, I would rather have OG but let’s not forget he was coming off an acl tear. He was far from a sure thing.

Also, if you want to rip Presti for nit taking kuzma, I can agree with that. We had just lost Taj and needed a more nba-ready rookie. OG? Not so much.

Are you guys forgetting that fit is a thing?

The difference between Sabonis in OKC and Sabonis in IND is OKC had a crowded front court between Adams, Kanter, Grant, and Lauvergne. And we know Russ needs spacing. Sabonis/Adams is pretty much redundant on the floor. Also, players can get better in the 2nd year as well (shocker). There was nothing wrong with trying to develop Sabonis into a 3pt shooter. It was a lost year anyway after Durant left and Adams is your second best player. Why not develop a 3-pt shot for the rookie? That’s where the league is going anyway so stay ahead of the curve.

Also the jury is still out on Payne. Injuries held him back and I think he’s going to be a late-bloomer but he still has potential to be the best back-up PG in the league. He showed flashes towards the end of the regular season. But he needs an opportunity. Can’t fault Sam there. Couldn’t have foreseen an injury. Everybody on here was on board with drafting Payne. Everyone was excited. Injuries happen. It takes time for rookies to develop. How are we forgetting that?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#627 » by getrichordie » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

slick_watts wrote:however you rate sam presti as a drafter 1-10 you lower that grade by at least 5 points for taking semaj christon and josh huestis.

Christon was drafted by MIA and we traded for his rights. He was the 55th pick. Not too many of those guys turn out anyways, so I’m not sure how that is a mark against Presti.

And if you look @ the Huestis/McGary draft where Huestis was picked 29th, there’s only a few players that have panned our better.

Jerami Grant
Nikolai Jokic (no one saw that coming)
Dwight Powell
Spencer Dinwiddie

And again, fit is a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#628 » by NetsWorld » Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

If you make that move, Lopez should not be your target. Go after Demarcus Cousins to shore up the Center spot; Gobert cannot handle a banger like Cousins down low.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#629 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 pm

OKCThunder wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I go back and forth depending on the day. I’ll say 50/50.

If you make that move, Lopez should not be your target. Go after Demarcus Cousins to shore up the Center spot; Gobert cannot handle a banger like Cousins down low.

First of all, cousins is a headcase. Second, okc doesn’t have cap space for cousins unless you think he will take the taxpayer mle.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#630 » by NetsWorld » Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Knrstz wrote:
OKCThunder wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

First of all, cousins is a headcase. Second, okc doesn’t have cap space for cousins unless you think he will take the taxpayer mle.

True, I think we should just build around Russ, Adams and PG13.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#631 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Basically everyone besides the thunder media says George is gone. There have been a few tweets here and there that give okc a chance, but not many.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#632 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Knrstz wrote:Basically everyone besides the thunder media says George is gone. There have been a few tweets here and there that give okc a chance, but not many.

I just dont see LA as a better situation. I think Phila is a better situation.

The one thing the Thunder have going for them is that they were willing to go out and Get Paul George last off season. Maybe they can go out and get someone else this off season.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#633 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm

slick_watts wrote:rotfl. adams and roberson for kawhi? why in the world would the spurs do this?

Why did Indiana trade Paul George?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#634 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Basically everyone besides the thunder media says George is gone. There have been a few tweets here and there that give okc a chance, but not many.

The one thing the Thunder have going for them is that they were willing to go out and Get Paul George last off season. Maybe they can go out and get someone else this off season.

If he goes to Philly it’s about winning. If he goes to La, it’s because he wants to be in LA.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#635 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:rotfl. adams and roberson for kawhi? why in the world would the spurs do this?

Why did Indiana trade Paul George?

Kawhi is a lot better than George.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#636 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

If he goes to Philly it’s about winning. If he goes to La, it’s because he wants to be in LA.

Whats it about if he styas with OKC? $$$?

Have we gone into the details about how much George can make with the Thunder on a 1+1 and on the 5 year MAX?

Also how much could he make if he decided to leave on a 1+1, 2+1, or a 4 year MAX deal?

When Durnat left he really didnt leave that much money on the table. He left money ($10 million) on the table last year, and he could have made even more with OKC.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#637 » by RalphSampsonJr » Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 pm

You only trade Adams if it was for a franchise player. Kawhi would be the best bet because he might be unhappy in the current situation.
You would need to give up at least adams T ferg and Robes. Spurs may be forced to trade him but something tells me other teams will have alot more to offer
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#638 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:You only trade Adams if it was for a franchise player. Kawhi would be the best bet because he might be unhappy in the current situation.
You would need to give up at least adams T ferg and Robes. Spurs may be forced to trade him but something tells me other teams will have alot more to offer

Something tells me the Spurs hang up and laugh.

You're not getting a franchise player back for Adams, much as I'd like it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#639 » by ThunderBolt » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Popovich would have to believe that Ferguson is going to be as good as Tatum. Don’t see that happening.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#640 » by slick_watts » Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 pm

getrichordie wrote:And again, fit is a thing.

semaj fit sam's profile for below replacement level backup pg's.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder