ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,482

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#541 » by adjacent2bench » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Via SB Nation:

After a rookie season was met with mixed reviews, Ntilikina will make his return to the U.S. on May 21 and finally meet Fizdale. Ntilikina will play July’s summer league in Las Vegas and remain in New York the rest of the offseason, according to a source.

That's dope. This is the summer he officially becomes a New Yorker. I feel he's gonna be in the gym everyday. Get ready for lots of Chris Brickley instragram clips.
Toranaga
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#542 » by Toranaga » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm

These playoffs have once again shown that versatility, especially defensively, is everything in today's NBA. I already have a very bullish stance on Frank but it's only risen after seeing what certain teams are excelling (Boston, GSW) and which teams got exposed (Toronto, Philly, Portland, and Cavs, sans LeBron). I trust that his offense will eventually come around, but it's hard to overstate how important his defense and his defensive versatility will contribute to putting a winning program together here.

You simply can't have defensive liabilities on the floor anymore in the playoffs or they will get picked on every time down the floor. We've seen it in every series.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#543 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

After a rookie season was met with mixed reviews, Ntilikina will make his return to the U.S. on May 21 and finally meet Fizdale. Ntilikina will play July’s summer league in Las Vegas and remain in New York the rest of the offseason, according to a source.

Going to Vegas SL and gonna be able to see improvements first hand. So pumped.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#544 » by levendis » Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm

From Berman

Perry said Frank Ntilikina already has put on some weight since the end of the season. The Post reported Ntilikina has been in Paris working out at a famed sports performance facility, INSEP, and the Knicks dispatched one of their trainers to work with him.

“We had someone who already went over to see him,’’ Perry said, referring to trainer Anthony Goenaga. “He’s doing well. He’s continuing to get stronger and adding a little weight. We expect him to be back in New York in a week or so. He’s committed. That’s the one thing he told us in our exit meeting. He’s gone through the entire season as a rookie. Now he’s got a little feel on what the NBA is truly like. He’s a real reflective young man. He knows what he really has to work on and he’s not hearing it just from us. He’s driven to come back a better basketball player.”
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#545 » by Tron Carter » Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm

levendis wrote:From Berman

Perry said Frank Ntilikina already has put on some weight since the end of the season. The Post reported Ntilikina has been in Paris working out at a famed sports performance facility, INSEP, and the Knicks dispatched one of their trainers to work with him.

“We had someone who already went over to see him,’’ Perry said, referring to trainer Anthony Goenaga. “He’s doing well. He’s continuing to get stronger and adding a little weight. We expect him to be back in New York in a week or so. He’s committed. That’s the one thing he told us in our exit meeting. He’s gone through the entire season as a rookie. Now he’s got a little feel on what the NBA is truly like. He’s a real reflective young man. He knows what he really has to work on and he’s not hearing it just from us. He’s driven to come back a better basketball player.”

R.I.P Black Mamba
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#546 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:

:-8 Going to Vegas SL and gonna be able to see improvements first hand. So pumped.

I wanna make it this year too. Gotta get the work schedule finalized first.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#547 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

:-8 Going to Vegas SL and gonna be able to see improvements first hand. So pumped.

If you do, definitely lemme know. I'll try to ask you as we get closer. I've got some meetings set up and my GF will join me for a few days, but aside from that I'll be in the gyms watching games and taking notes...by myself. Tickets went on sale on Saturday and the hotel prices are actually pretty good. Hard Rock was only I think 80 ish a night through some deal I got? Not cheap, but I was expecting like 120..and it's only 1 mile from campus, which is great.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#548 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

_NYK_ wrote:These playoffs have once again shown that versatility, especially defensively, is everything in today's NBA. I already have a very bullish stance on Frank but it's only risen after seeing what certain teams are excelling (Boston, GSW) and which teams got exposed (Toronto, Philly, Portland, and Cavs, sans LeBron). I trust that his offense will eventually come around, but it's hard to overstate how important his defense and his defensive versatility will contribute to putting a winning program together here.

You simply can't have defensive liabilities on the floor anymore in the playoffs or they will get picked on every time down the floor. We've seen it in every series.

You also can’t have offensive liabilities shooting the ball.

Gobert is viewed as the best rim protector in the game and he was basically useless and exposed in the Rocket series because he can’t shoot.

My problem with the Frank pick is his ceiling is that of a solid starter in a superstar league.

I’d rather strikeout going for a home run then hit s single in the draft
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#549 » by shtolky » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

levendis wrote:From Berman

This should certainly quite down those who think the team isn't committed to Frank. Not only is he showing the team he wants to get better and play in SL, they sent a trainer to France to work with him. I can't wait to see the improvement over the next 2-3 years.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#550 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
_NYK_ wrote:These playoffs have once again shown that versatility, especially defensively, is everything in today's NBA. I already have a very bullish stance on Frank but it's only risen after seeing what certain teams are excelling (Boston, GSW) and which teams got exposed (Toronto, Philly, Portland, and Cavs, sans LeBron). I trust that his offense will eventually come around, but it's hard to overstate how important his defense and his defensive versatility will contribute to putting a winning program together here.

Gobert is viewed as the best rim protector in the game and he was basically useless and exposed in the Rocket series because he can’t shoot.

My problem with the Frank pick is his ceiling is that of a solid starter in a superstar league.

Yo u got the mega millions numbers too?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#551 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

You don’t need a crystal ball to see Frank doesn’t have any wow traits physically to become a star in the league especially on the offensive end.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#552 » by fatalogic » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

If you do, definitely lemme know. I'll try to ask you as we get closer. I've got some meetings set up and my GF will join me for a few days, but aside from that I'll be in the gyms watching games and taking notes...by myself. Tickets went on sale on Saturday and the hotel prices are actually pretty good. Hard Rock was only I think 80 ish a night through some deal I got? Not cheap, but I was expecting like 120..and it's only 1 mile from campus, which is great.

Hype, I’m going with my gf too for summer league. Are you staying the whole time? I’m there July 11-13 so I’m hoping the Knicks are still in it.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#553 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm

fatalogic wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Hype, I’m going with my gf too for summer league. Are you staying the whole time? I’m there July 11-13 so I’m hoping the Knicks are still in it.

I'm planning on staying the whole time, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I have the hotel reserved just in case (can always leave and they won't charge) and have the full pass for the games, too. I should definitely be there through the 14 though. Hit me up too if you want!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,194

Post#554 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 pm

EricAnderson wrote:

An elite defender in the BC is a single? When his offense picks up...he'll be a grand slam!
:beer: RIP mags
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#555 » by GONYK » Fri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#556 » by F N 11 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

But he has mad haters tho. :noway:
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,219

Post#557 » by Knicks Byke » Fri May 18, 2018 2:35 pm

pops always told me defense will keep you on the court. defense wins championships. random but i love how curry is chicken curry out there. straight up food.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,219

Post#558 » by Knicks Byke » Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

You don’t need a crystal ball to see Frank doesn’t have any wow traits physically to become a star in the league especially on the offensive end.

i do wish he was more explosive. he has a long wingspan but so did galloway.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#559 » by remi_222 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Vincent Collet, coach of the French National Team gave his list of players for the last 2 qualification games for the World Cup.
Ntilikina isnt in the list, he'll have a summer 100% focus for the Knicks.
We still have a pretty good team tho, even without Noah and Frank, but with Labeyrie (still under contract for the Knicks, who had a very good season) with Batum, Gobert, De Colo (best player in Europe with Doncic), Fournier, Diaw and other very talented young players. Next generations are gonna be amazing for France with Jaylen Hoard (Wake Forrest), Yves Pons (Tennessee), Killian Tillie (Gonzaga), Killian Hayes (best U17 in Europe), Sekou Doumbouya (probably top 10 for the 2019 Draft), Tom Digbeu, Melvyn Govindy, ...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#560 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 pm

remi_222 wrote:Vincent Collet, coach of the French National Team gave his list of players for the last 2 qualification games for the World Cup.
Ntilikina isnt in the list, he'll have a summer 100% focus for the Knicks.
We still have a pretty good team tho, even without Noah and Frank, but with Labeyrie (still under contract for the Knicks, who had a very good season) with Batum, Gobert, De Colo (best player in Europe with Doncic), Fournier, Diaw and other very talented young players. Next generations are gonna be amazing for France with Jaylen Hoard (Wake Forrest), Yves Pons (Tennessee), Killian Tillie (Gonzaga), Killian Hayes (best U17 in Europe), Sekou Doumbouya (probably top 10 for the 2019 Draft), Tom Digbeu, Melvyn Govindy, ...

Had no idea Tillie was French. Definitely a bright future to take the baton from the current generation of players.

Return to New York Knicks