ImageImageImageImageImage

Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#21 » by Greenie » Wed May 16, 2018 4:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights

yep. he probably needs 2 more to compete with golden state though.

Who wouldn’t?

My guess is they trade for PG or Kawhi this summer

With what?
They don’t even have more assets than us.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#22 » by Spree2Houston » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

One of the reasons people dislike Lebron so much is because he's been so good for so long and people hate that. They want to see him finally get knocked down.
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 863

Post#23 » by KnickLeDime » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I'm pretty neutral on LBJ but objectively I think his best days are behind him...you are starting to see the small fissure or chinks in his armor. He's strikes me as a guy that's going to go downhill fast. He's an older player with SOO MANY MILES on him. I don't want him in NY for one reason and one reason only. It's inevitable that when he arrives, his precipitous fall will begin. He's still top 2 in NBA.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#24 » by Iron Mantis » Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

So we're just going to pretend Lebron isn't currently the best player in the NBA?

For any team with pieces in place, Lebron immediately makes them realistic contenders. No team says "no" if LBJ expresses interest.

He's doing pretty amazing things on a team that was thrown together at the trade deadline.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#25 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm

People get confused. The Knicks had no business trading for Kyrie but he's a heck of a player. I wish he could play in these series.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Capn'O wrote:

People get confused. The Knicks had no business trading for Kyrie but he's a heck of a player. I wish he could play in these series.

why the hell not ? we're sure never gonna draft anyone that good under this management. and the offers you people were rejecting were silly. frank, that big dolt willy and a pick was way too much for kyrie irving. dear god.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#27 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:frank, that big dolt willy and a pick

A. Still doesn't beat the Celtics offer considering the Cavs were still trying to keep James AND got a better pick. Our pick is devalued the second it is included in a deal for Kyrie.

B. Leaves us with little to put around him
BAF Clippers

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#28 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

I don't think I want to see "The Decision 2". Sequels are never better than the original.

If LBJ books, probably goes to LA like most folks think.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#29 » by blueNorange » Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

lol wth is the purpose of this thread, lebron already won a ring in cleveland .. the stigma and stank is off of him.

he's a true champion, the very best my eyes saw.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#30 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Capn'O wrote:

A. Still doesn't beat the Celtics offer considering the Cavs were still trying to keep James AND got a better pick. Our pick is devalued the second it is included in a deal for Kyrie.

a. i know we were never beating the celtics offer. it's about what people here thought was too much. you didn't say we couldn't get him, you said we had no business getting him.

b. we have nothing to put around kp now with those things. kyrie irving would be something.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#31 » by levendis » Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

a. i know we were never beating the celtics offer. it's about what people here thought were too much. you didn't say we couldn't get him, you said we had no business getting him.

b. we have nothing to put around kp now with those things. kyrie irving would be something.

I still wouldn't make the trade you listed. Willy love affair was always overblown. But I'll take Frank, one of the Bridges and a high pick for next year than Kyrie. If he wants to come here in FA fine. But they are not in the right position to make a trade like that. Defense would be atrocious with little hope of it improving with no Frank/Mikal/pick, offense would be good, but without guys to space the floor it won't be nearly as good as people think.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 5:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:a. i know we were never beating the celtics offer. it's about what people here thought was too much. you didn't say we couldn't get him, you said we had no business getting him.

We would have had to beat the Celtics offer, no? We had no business trying to beat the Celtics offer.

Between this year and next, we should have two more lotto picks to add to the squad as well as cap space. A Kyrie level player will come available again and, if we draft well, at that point we'll be able to give up a significant package without leaving the cupboard bare. We could have the pieces to make a deal, sign a free agent, and still have some decent young pieces left all at once.

And, to be honest, that's still probably not enough time but it's better than doing it last summer if that's the route we take. Look at how long the Celtics went between their Big 3 + Rondo championship core and building for this current run. And they had high level pieces to move (at least in Billy King's eyes). Even if we make a lot of right moves, Wingo might not see it come to fruition, I'm afraid.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#33 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

levendis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

a. i know we were never beating the celtics offer. it's about what people here thought were too much. you didn't say we couldn't get him, you said we had no business getting him.

I still wouldn't make the trade you listed. Willy love affair was always overblown. But I'll take Frank, one of the Bridges and a high pick for next year than Kyrie. If he wants to come here in FA fine. But they are not in the right position to make a trade like that. Defense would be atrocious with little hope of it improving with no Frank/Mikal/pick, offense would be good, but without guys to space the floor it won't be nearly as good as people think.

i never said 2 picks. it's just frank and the 9th for kyrie. which would probably be worse than the 9th if we had made the deal. that's the trade that people thought was too much.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#34 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:a. i know we were never beating the celtics offer. it's about what people here thought was too much. you didn't say we couldn't get him, you said we had no business getting him.

We would have had to beat the Celtics offer, no? We had no business trying to beat the Celtics offer.

Between this year and next, we should have two more lotto picks to add to the squad as well as cap space. A Kyrie level player will come available again and, if we draft well, at that point we'll be able to give up a significant package without leaving the cupboard bare. We could have the pieces to make a deal, sign a free agent, and still have some decent young pieces left all at once.

And, to be honest, that's still probably not enough time but it's better than doing it last summer if that's the route we take. Look at how long the Celtics went between their Big 3 + Rondo championship core and building for this current run. Even if we make a lot of right moves, Wingo might not see it come to fruition, I'm afraid.

that's a different statement

your view on what the future holds is much more optimistic than mine. except the part about wingo not making it. we're in agreement there.

it would be better to tank for the next 3 or 4 years. but they're not doing it.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#35 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

And, to be honest, that's still probably not enough time but it's better than doing it last summer if that's the route we take. Look at how long the Celtics went between their Big 3 + Rondo championship core and building for this current run. Even if we make a lot of right moves, Wingo might not see it come to fruition, I'm afraid.

that's a different statement

your view on what the future holds is much more optimistic than mine. expect the part about wingo not making it. we're in agreement there.

it would be better to tank for the next 3 or 4 years. but they're not doing it.

It's effectively the same statement. We had no business being in the Kyrie sweepstakes because we had to beat an offer of that caliber. Other than to posture (raise the bid for the Celtics or hope Cleveland is feeling randy and dumb) there was no point because an offer like that would come.

And it's objectively true that we currently project to have more capital in young players, cap space, and future assets next offseason than we did last offseason. Whether we **** it up or not is another story. This is only the second time since the 90s the Knicks have had back to back lottery picks that they project to keep. That's incredible given how bad the team has been.
BAF Clippers

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#36 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Who gives a shyt where LeBron goes? It has been 15 years. He's gonna decline sooner than later. He's been catered to by the league from day one. He ruined the league with his suprfriends BS. He's ruined FA. He is a fraud.
:beer: RIP mags
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#37 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm

well damn
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#38 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 6:07 pm

i just want to see kp and kyrie together. although they'll both probably take turns being injured every year so probably for the best. maybe one of these 8-12 picks will hit one of these years. who am i kidding.....rip wingo.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#39 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#40 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:07 pm

blueNorange wrote:lol wth is the purpose of this thread, lebron already won a ring in cleveland .. the stigma and stank is off of him.

he's a true champion, the very best my eyes saw.

This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Return to New York Knicks