ImageImageImageImageImage

Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#61 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol wth is the purpose of this thread, lebron already won a ring in cleveland .. the stigma and stank is off of him.

he's a true champion, the very best my eyes saw.

This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!

What team in Cleveland his first go around should he have won a title with? The answer is none..

And fraudulent champ? That would go to a guy who joined a team he was up 3-1 on the year before who won a record number of games before he got there where he essentially destroyed any competition left in the league.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#62 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

What team in Cleveland his first go around should he have won a title with? The answer is none..

And fraudulent champ? That would go to a guy who joined a team he was up 3-1 on the year before who won a record number of games before he got there where he essentially destroyed any competition left in the league.

He left his hometown team. Colluded with other top tier all stars. That's how he won. Then when his hometown team was stacked(3 of 4 lottery picks?) with young talent and assets...he went back and won there. Now there is a threat he could leave again. THAT'S a fraud. Period.
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#63 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Yeah sure but you can't take away that he's already a champion. He left cleveland and that organization was instant lottery. He left miami and that team was begging for an 8 seed. If he leaves cleveland again, we know what position they will be again. Again I'm no fan of leb*tch but as a basketball fan, you just gotta tip your hat sometimes.

His athleticism/talent is one thing. The way he became a champion is another. The way he destroyed the league balance is even worse.

Fraud. I would bet my life that he takes some form of PEDs as well but, that's just an opinion.

Damn your life bruh?

He's taking something. No one plays that many minutes and is never injured. Not as physical as he plays. It's unheard of.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#64 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

He left his hometown team. Colluded with other top tier all stars. That's how he won. Then when his hometown team was stacked(3 of 4 lottery picks?) with young talent and assets...he went back and won there. Now there is a threat he could leave again. THAT'S a fraud. Period.

He had no other stars in Cleveland I don’t blame him for leaving I just didn’t like how he handled the whole decision thing..

The guys been indestructible his whole career at worst the second best player ever it’s fine if you don’t like him but don’t become Skip Baylee’s and try to convince yourself he’s not great.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#65 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

He had no other stars in Cleveland I don’t blame him for leaving I just didn’t like how he handled the whole decision thing..

The guys been indestructible his whole career at worst the second best player ever it’s fine if you don’t like him but don’t become Skip Baylee’s and try to convince yourself he’s not great.

Don't try to be clever with your Skip Bayless comments until you point out where I denied his athleticism/talent.

It's his character that I question. Truest champion ever? BS!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#66 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
His athleticism/talent is one thing. The way he became a champion is another. The way he destroyed the league balance is even worse.

Fraud. I would bet my life that he takes some form of PEDs as well but, that's just an opinion.

Damn your life bruh?

He's taking something. No one plays that many minutes and is never injured. Not as physical as he plays. It's unheard of.

he might. but you should read this article i read where it talks about how much he rests during games. he was like a bottom 10 player in speed because he's constantly walking instead of jogging back to conserve energy. it's pretty fascinating.

Here's the data that illustrates it. No one would ever call James slow, but he is when he wants to be. During the regular season, James' average speed during games was 3.85 mph, according to Second Spectrum tracking data.

Of all players who averaged at least 20 minutes a game, that ranked in the bottom 10 in speed. That's correct: James moved slower than just about any rotation player in the league. And since the playoffs started, James has gotten even slower. His average has slipped to 3.69 mph.

Here's why: James walks a lot. During the regular season, about 74.4 percent of James' time on the court was spent walking. Again, this was in the top 10 in the league. Almost no one walked up and down the floor more than James. And in the playoffs, he's walking even more -- 78.7 percent of the time.

It's a data-backed way of saying James calculates when he can take plays off. Or more appropriately, when he needs to take them off.

It manifests itself in many ways. For example, during free throws, James will often walk to the other end of the floor. It saves him having to run when possession changes. He also at times will take himself out of an offensive play and stand on the wing, knowing he needs a breather.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23384071/lebron-james-plays-rests-keep-cleveland-cavaliers-hopes-alive
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#67 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

what aspect of needing other good players makes him a fraud ? from magic to bird to jordan to duncan to kobe , they all had help.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#68 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Damn your life bruh?

he might. but you should read this article i read where it talks about how much he rests during games. he was like a bottom 10 player in speed because he's constantly walking instead of jogging back to conserve energy. it's pretty fascinating.

Here's the data that illustrates it. No one would ever call James slow, but he is when he wants to be. During the regular season, James' average speed during games was 3.85 mph, according to Second Spectrum tracking data.

Of all players who averaged at least 20 minutes a game, that ranked in the bottom 10 in speed. That's correct: James moved slower than just about any rotation player in the league. And since the playoffs started, James has gotten even slower. His average has slipped to 3.69 mph.

Here's why: James walks a lot. During the regular season, about 74.4 percent of James' time on the court was spent walking. Again, this was in the top 10 in the league. Almost no one walked up and down the floor more than James. And in the playoffs, he's walking even more -- 78.7 percent of the time.

It's a data-backed way of saying James calculates when he can take plays off. Or more appropriately, when he needs to take them off.

It manifests itself in many ways. For example, during free throws, James will often walk to the other end of the floor. It saves him having to run when possession changes. He also at times will take himself out of an offensive play and stand on the wing, knowing he needs a breather.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23384071/lebron-james-plays-rests-keep-cleveland-cavaliers-hopes-alive

I could be wrong. No doubt. I said it was just an opinion. It really is just that. I could absolutely see the league propping up its cash cow as well though. We could go point counter point all day and get nowhere. Why? Because we would be debating my opinion. :lol:

It could be he's the greatest physical specimen to ever play the game. Could be PEDs . Either way...he's not the truest champion ever IMO. The facts I used are all I need. Again...opinion. Supported by facts as I see them.

Durant isn't a true champion either. He's a tag-along.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#69 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I could be wrong. No doubt. I said it was just an opinion. It really is just that. I could absolutely see the league propping up its cash cow as well though. We could go point counter point all day and get nowhere. Why? Because we would be debating my opinion. :lol:

It could be he's the greatest physical specimen to ever play the game. Could be PEDs . Either way...he's not the truest champion ever IMO. The facts I used are all I need. Again...opinion. Supported by facts as I see them.

i don't know what the truest champion means exactly. i think each generation players get bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic and players from the past wouldn't compete as well in today's game. so comparing generations is probably futile. he's the best player for this generation. anything else i don't care to argue.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#70 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:what aspect of needing other good players makes him a fraud ? from magic to bird to jordan to duncan to kobe , they all had help.

I think the issue I would take with it is, by many reports, him and Rich Paul took this franchise hostage... So to now leave it when the fuqqery you enabled to occur blew up in your face screams like an azzhole/bs franchise smearing save face move for Lebron personally. Now obviously he isn't 100% at fault. But where there's smoke, there's fire... Put them between a rock and a hard place with Tristan, ran Blatt (who is miles ahead of Lue as a coach) out of town, supposedly was a major reason their young star Kyrie wanted out, the list goes on.... You can't cry that you need more help when you yourself are part of the reason why you have no help now. Now obviously the organization has some fault here. They refused to target younger defense first guys in lieu of aging offensive players, they didn't push for any of Boston's young developing players when trading for an injured IT, and bent over backwards for a guy who wouldn't give them a commitment longer than 1 year at a time. Miami didn't play that chit with Bron and maybe their worse off for it in the present, but their whole franchise isn't in complete ruins for the future the way Clevelands seems to be headed if he leaves.

Point being I wouldn't blame Lebron if he left. Cleveland is a non defense playing dumpster fire of mediocre sort of young guys and aging role players. Basketball-wise he should absolutely leave if winning a title is his number 1 priority. However, what will turn me off and has always turned me off of LeBron will be off the court. The smearing campaign that comes from Windy post leaving and egotistical bs he'll spout in interviews afterwards when this is a mess HE HELPED create. Guy always has and always will want his cake and to eat it too to put it simply.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#71 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i don't know what the truest champion means exactly. i think each generation players get bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic and players from the past wouldn't compete as well in today's game. so comparing generations is probably futile. he's the best player for this generation. anything else i don't care to argue.

I don't know either but, he is not it!!! :lol:

He's trash.... :o :lol:

Dudes got it on lock how great he is compared to his peers. I think his advantage has always been his freakish physical condition(which I think is assisted). His skill levels don't amaze me. It's his ability to power through people and stay healthy that does. Not saying he isn't skilled...I just think he would be any other good player if he wasn't so strong.

I'm hating all day here but, I don't care. He's a douche bag!! I never want him on this team and, I'll never like him.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#72 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:what aspect of needing other good players makes him a fraud ? from magic to bird to jordan to duncan to kobe , they all had help.

I think the issue I would take with it is, by many reports, him and Rich Paul took this franchise hostage... So to now leave it when the fuqqery you enabled to occur blew up in your face screams like an azzhole/bs franchise smearing save face move for Lebron personally. Now obviously he isn't 100% at fault. But where there's smoke, there's fire... Put them between a rock and a hard place with Tristan, ran Blatt (who is miles ahead of Lue as a coach) out of town, supposedly was a major reason their young star Kyrie wanted out, the list goes on.... You can't cry that you need more help when you yourself are part of the reason why you have no help now. Now obviously the organization has some fault here. They refused to target younger defense first guys in lieu of aging offensive players, they didn't push for any of Boston's young developing players when trading for an injured IT, and bent over backwards for a guy who wouldn't give them a commitment longer than 1 year at a time. Miami didn't play that chit with Bron and maybe their worse off for it in the present, but their whole franchise isn't in complete ruins for the future the way Clevelands seems to be headed if he leaves.

Point being I wouldn't blame Lebron if he left. Cleveland is a non defense playing dumpster fire of mediocre sort of young guys and aging role players. Basketball-wise he should absolutely leave if winning a title is his number 1 priority. However, what will turn me off and has always turned me off of LeBron will be off the court. The smearing campaign that comes from Windy post leaving and egotistical bs he'll spout in interviews afterwards when this is a mess HE HELPED create. Guy always has and always will want his cake and to eat it too to put it simply.

this is a different argument though. he's not a fraud as a player. his personality is another story. he cares a lot about what people think about him so he tries to control it. guys like kobe and jordan really didn't care what you thought about them.

as far as cleveland though, i don't think he owes them anything. he wasted a lot of early years there before he had influence and those teams he had were pathetic. he left and came back to win them a championship. did he f*ck some things up ? sure. but his positives to that franchise far outweigh his negatives. they should be thankful.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,924

Post#73 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Ironic if Lebron goes to Boston. LOL

vet min?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,923

Post#74 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Damn your life bruh?

What's funny is that I'm pretty sure Melo tries to do this too but he just doesn't have the head for it that LeBron does and ends up taking off important plays or just being conspicuous with it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#75 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

What's funny is that I actually think that this is what Melo was trying to do but he just doesn't have the head for it that LeBron does and ends up costing teams with it.

he does try to do the same thing. he doesn't have bron's athleticism though so he can't go from a complete stop to moving fast enough to cover someone.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#76 » by GONYK » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

What's funny is that I'm pretty sure Melo tries to do this too but he just doesn't have the head for it that LeBron does and ends up taking off important plays or just being conspicuous with it.

Well, Lebron plays defense like Melo now, so maybe they've been swapping notes.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#77 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm

There's nothing wrong with help. It's just that when he wins then we shouldn't talk about his help, yet when he loses he has no help.

LeBron didn't have help the first time he was in Cleveland, and really he did but it was basically an alldefensive team reliant on LeBron for offense. Since then he's had help. He shouldn't apologize for it but let's stop saying he doesn't have any, anytime he can't win a title. Kevin Love is still on this team.

JR Smith was like the Knicks 2nd best player and Carmelo got reamed for not making others better, on Cleveland he's like thier 6th best player. There's talent there.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#78 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Lebron is great and all but I just hate all these excuses people make for him. To me, Lebron is just a better Westbrook. He's getting his numbers and he can will his team to wins if he gets hot. But to truly maximize a team's offense like Golden State can do, I don't see it with how Lebrons runs his offense. To me, Lebron will always need the ball in his hands unlike players like Durant and Curry who can thrive off the ball. And because he's so ball dominant, he'll never maximize a team's offense. Because certain players get cold when you make them mostly catch and shoot players. You can't keep making excuses for Lebron when he's got great scorers on his team and he can't make them better.

To me, you can never make a realistic Lebron-led team that would beat Golden State with Durant.

A Lebron offense always has a ceiling and that is why he'll never pass Jordan.

He can join the Sixers all he wants and I think he'll stunt the growth of their young guys.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#79 » by GEOLINK » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm

I hope he shaves his head.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#80 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:

There's nothing wrong with help. It's just that when he wins then we shouldn't talk about his help, yet when he loses he has no help.

LeBron didn't have help the first time he was in Cleveland, and really he did but it was basically an alldefensive team reliant on LeBron for offense. Since then he's had help. He shouldn't apologize for it but let's stop saying he doesn't have any, anytime he can't win a title. Kevin Love is still on this team.

JR Smith was like the Knicks 2nd best player and Carmelo got reamed for not making others better, on Cleveland he's like thier 6th best player. There's talent there.

I think this Cavs team has talent it's just a terrible mixture of it. Kind of like how they've been for 2 years now since they won that title. LeBron just isn't good enough on both ends to cover it anymore and there's no Kyrie there to bail them out when LeBron quits. You could see it last game... LeBron is done with this team and if there's one thing LeBron is good for it's letting us fans know via body language when he's defeated. He looks defeated. This team just plain stinks.

Return to New York Knicks