ImageImageImage

Trades & Roster ideas 2018-19

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Trades & Roster ideas 17-18 

Post#921 » by arkuo » Tue May 15, 2018 7:59 pm

payne wrote:What you guys think about HB + scrubs for Andrew Wiggins (value at all time low i think.)

Wiggins' upcoming contract will turn off a lot of teams IMO.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#922 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 pm

arkuo wrote:
payne wrote:What you guys think about HB + scrubs for Andrew Wiggins (value at all time low i think.)

I would do it. It would make me sad tho. :(
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#923 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:
I wouldn’t be upset with that lineup at all. They will need a true shooter/scorer at the 2 or 3 within the next year or two though.

I'd take a flyer on someone like Hezonja for the full MLE or something. Lights out shooter. Unproven in Orlando but under Carlisle maybe he'll flourish on set plays.

Our only real competitor on maxing out Capela is PHX. Although the most they can offer now is just $18M, they have to renounce like 7 players to get room for a max for Capela. But that brings their roster count down to 8 players.

Im warming up to the idea of Capela. Even if we dont get him the least we can do is make Houston go way over the cap if they want to keep CP3. Sure they wont close shop, but it makes a little bit harder paying that lux tax to end up 2nd place to the Warriors for the next 5 years with CP3, Harden and Capela all locked up to the max if ever.

I don’t like the approach of maxing Capela just to screw the Rockets. They would be fools not to match and then we are stuck without a solid big man for yet another year. I think we need to either draft a center (Ayton or Bamba), trade for one using Wes (Whiteside), or sign an UFA (Cousins or Deandre).

Capela should only be considered if the Rockets made it known they would not match.

Why can't we offer Capella a Max and three days later, if Houston matches we offer another guy on your list something, or we make the Wes for Whiteside trade?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#924 » by fuller4379 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 pm

I could see the Mavs making a big offer to Capella. Anything to screw over Houston.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#925 » by fuller4379 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm

I could see the Mavs making a big offer to Capella. Anything to screw over Houston.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#926 » by arkuo » Tue May 15, 2018 8:50 pm

fuller4379 wrote:I could see the Mavs making a big offer to Capella. Anything to screw over Houston.

Over $20M per year, poison pill provision, everything on it except a no trade clause is Cuban's gift. Now I think Morey will be forced to match because they are in a win-now mode with Harden and CP3. But they will be locked diwn for half a decade and oh boy the lux tax has a good bite to it.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,812

Post#927 » by dirkforpres » Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm

How would y’all feel about Wes, Motley, and #34 for Derozan?
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#928 » by Mr B » Tue May 15, 2018 11:35 pm

dirkforpres wrote:How would y’all feel about Wes, Motley, and #34 for Derozan?

I’d feel great about it but I doubt Toronto would.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#929 » by Mr B » Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm

arkuo wrote:

I want no part of Wiggins. I just think he’s extremely overrated. I’d rather just keep Barnes.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#930 » by dirkforpres » Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Mr B wrote:

Only reason I feel like it’s a possibility is because of how horrific he was in that Cleveland series on both ends... that and the fact that they have a glaring hole at PF so Motley is an interesting prospect for them. This trade gives a combination of expiring, a pick, and a young, intriguing prospect.

You’re probably right though.
FIRE JASON KIDD
payne
Junior
And1: 9

Post#931 » by payne » Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 pm

capella wont have the same impact on dallas that he has had on houston
The Cavs are a sad eastern conference wannabe MAVS
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#932 » by lebron stopper » Wed May 16, 2018 7:07 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Only reason I feel like it’s a possibility is because of how horrific he was in that Cleveland series on both ends... that and the fact that they have a glaring hole at PF so Motley is an interesting prospect for them. This trade gives a combination of expiring, a pick, and a young, intriguing prospect.

I know DeRozan had a truly awful playoff series against Cleveland but that is still a brutal return for him. That's the kind of trade that can go awry and get a GM on the hot seat. The kind of prospect I'd want back for DeRozan would be someone who oozes potential (someone like Kyle Kuzma, who I personally want in return for DeRozan), not a G-League stash which the Raptors FO can pull out of their ass at any time.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#933 » by arkuo » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Looks like trouble is brewing with the Pelicans and Boogie. Management may not re-sign him to a max stating "the need to add pieces to their roster" Im assuming as opposed to spending all that money on Boogie alone. Cousins also unfollows NOP on Instagram. We'll be observers Im sure. A lot of teams are capped out and the ones who have money are holding their breath on Lebron James (Lakers, Sixers).
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#934 » by fuller4379 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 pm

DeRozan is going to be 29 before the season starts. I would prefer for the Mavs to focus on younger players because Smith and Bamba or whoever the 5 pick is will not going to hit their prime before DeRozan is going to be too old to help.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#935 » by 2011Champs » Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Yeah, I’d pull the trigger on that. That is the type of deal we need to make. We can definitely use a starting caliber player just south of 30.
Derozan should still be very good in 3-4 years with the core of Barnes, SmithJr and probably Bamba.

We would need to then add an at least average stretch four to complete the starting lineup. Maybe even Maxi would work if he continues to improve.
SLATER
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#936 » by SLATER » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I think people referencing Wiggins here are thinking practically... I think he's more valuable than (what I perceive) his trade value to be. I also think Wiggins will be better than whoever we draft at 5. I would do a deal for Wiggins with the 5th pick being the centerpiece of the deal. I definitely recognize that many would hate that deal tho! I'm just hedging my bets on what a 5th pick projects to be historically versus how high teams value these picks.

The past 20 years drafting at 5 gets you:

DeAaron Fox, Kris Dunn, Mario Hezonja, Dante Exum, Alex Len, Thomas Robinson, Jonas Valanciunas, Demarcus Cousins, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love, Jeff Green, Shelden Williams, Ray Felton, Devin Harris, Dwyane Wade, Nikoloz Tskitishvlii, Jason Richardson, Mike Miller, Jonathan Bender, Vince Carter.

3 (Cousins, Carter & Wade) are better than Wiggins and maybe Love depending on how you feel about him and Wiggins career arc at 23.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#937 » by dirkforpres » Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I know DeRozan had a truly awful playoff series against Cleveland but that is still a brutal return for him. That's the kind of trade that can go awry and get a GM on the hot seat. The kind of prospect I'd want back for DeRozan would be someone who oozes potential (someone like Kyle Kuzma, who I personally want in return for DeRozan), not a G-League stash which the Raptors FO can pull out of their ass at any time.

Considering the Raptors have had so much luck in the 2nd round with Norman Powell and Fred Van Vleet, They’d probably see #34 as a pretty attractive piece
FIRE JASON KIDD
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#938 » by Pointguard01 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

fuller4379 wrote:

Jesus Christ. That’s terrible

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Trades & Roster ideas 17-18 

Post#939 » by Pointguard01 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:52 pm

DeRozen doesn’t make sense for us. And Raptors wouldn’t make a deal that didn’t involve Barnes + picks.

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I want no part of Wiggins. I just think he’s extremely overrated. I’d rather just keep Barnes.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 844

Post#940 » by Teffer10 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 am

SLATER wrote:I think people referencing Wiggins here are thinking practically... I think he's more valuable than (what I perceive) his trade value to be. I also think Wiggins will be better than whoever we draft at 5. I would do a deal for Wiggins with the 5th pick being the centerpiece of the deal. I definitely recognize that many would hate that deal tho! I'm just hedging my bets on what a 5th pick projects to be historically versus how high teams value these picks.

The past 20 years drafting at 5 gets you:

DeAaron Fox, Kris Dunn, Mario Hezonja, Dante Exum, Alex Len, Thomas Robinson, Jonas Valanciunas, Demarcus Cousins, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love, Jeff Green, Shelden Williams, Ray Felton, Devin Harris, Dwyane Wade, Nikoloz Tskitishvlii, Jason Richardson, Mike Miller, Jonathan Bender, Vince Carter.

3 (Cousins, Carter & Wade) are better than Wiggins and maybe Love depending on how you feel about him and Wiggins career arc at 23.

I wouldn't trade our pick for Wiggins but trading Barnes for him would make some sense. Wiggins is 3 years younger which better fits our situation. At 23 he still has an upside and is capable of putting up some good numbers. His lack of aggression is a bit concerning but he won't need to be our #1 guy.

If we draft Porter and Azibuike, and make a trade of Barnes for Wiggins, I'd say we'd have a nice young core to build around....all 23 and under.

Return to Dallas Mavericks