I don't care any more
6%

Total votes: 33

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Does Malone get fired? 

Post#61 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Riko wrote:I wuold love Fizdale and, since he coach Memphis which is quite similar to us, I think he wuold do an incredible job in Denver.
Malone should be fired but he we can't put the blame only on him, it is not fair.

How in the world do you think we are similar to MEM ??? Not even close IMO
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#62 » by Riko » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Riko wrote:I wuold love Fizdale and, since he coach Memphis which is quite similar to us, I think he wuold do an incredible job in Denver.
Malone should be fired but he we can't put the blame only on him, it is not fair.

How in the world do you think we are similar to MEM ??? Not even close IMO

I wasn't talking about this year Memphis but about last year Memphis (all season under Fizdale coaching):
Gasol-Randolph-Carter-Allen-Conley
Jokic-Millsap-Chandler-Harris-Murray

Our best player is a center capable of scoring in and out the paint but he shows the best when he plays in high post and pass the ball, next to him we have another big man (while the rest of the league move to a 1big lineup) and our best defender is the SG.
The real difference is that Denver is far more talented and Memphis had not denver's shooting ability from 3'.
BTW, Gasol best offensive season was under Fizdale so IMHO Jokic wuold thrive under him.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#63 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Fizdale was fired due to issues between him and Gasol, he did okay last year but they won 1 more game than the previous year so it was not like he was a great coach nor that he should have near the reputation that he carries with fans due to his stupid speech.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#64 » by Riko » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 pm

The Rebel wrote:

Fizdale was fired due to issues between him and Gasol, he did okay last year but they won 1 more game than the previous year so it was not like he was a great coach nor that he should have near the reputation that he carries with fans due to his stupid speech.

Take this with a grain of salt because is third-hand-report (a friend-me-you) but Memphis last season change everything from the year before: more ball movement, more three point attempt, less low-post, more minutes for the young and Parsons was a no-show, basically was a miracle they win so many games.
I follow just the nuggets but from what I'm told Memphis' fans were happy with him way before his speech.
skywalker33

Post#65 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:43 am

Heard this today, thought is was pertinent to evaluating Malone. Since he started coaching the Nuggets, his coaching win total has increase by 13 games since he's been here. An honestly, he could have/should have had a few more had it not been for injuries and some poor games ( he can be blamed for a few of those himself ). Had Millsap not been injured, I could easily see a 50-52 win team

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#66 » by Mickey8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 am

I am fine having him one more season, to prove himself, but he better not screw things out again, the last two season it took him an half of the season to figure out things, if he implemented what was working the last season into the current one , right from the first game, Denver would have been a top 5 team in the West this season. He should be closely evaluated in the first month of the season, if he shows up with the same tendencies like in the previous two seasons he should be fired right away.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:49 pm

This writer from stiff is calling out ownership not only for keeping Malone but for also keeping Connelly and he makes some good points.
https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/4/14/17237620/nuggets-ownership-playin-it-safe-by-keeping-malone-and-connelly
skywalker33

Post#68 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

The Rebel wrote:This writer from stiff is calling out ownership not only for keeping Malone but for also keeping Connelly and he makes some good points.
https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/4/14/17237620/nuggets-ownership-playin-it-safe-by-keeping-malone-and-connelly

We’ll be honest, this is a disgruntled fan post not a website writer. He has some good points, much I can agree but it’s got an angry tone

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#69 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:15 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:This writer from stiff is calling out ownership not only for keeping Malone but for also keeping Connelly and he makes some good points.

We’ll be honest, this is a disgruntled fan post not a website writer. He has some good points, much I can agree but it’s got an angry tone

Yeah, definitely not a professional write and definitely someone that is angry - but I think my diatribe would have been much harsher. :eyebrows:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by The Rebel » Mon May 14, 2018 3:11 am

I watched half the Moe special from Altitude today (if you can find it, watch it, it will explain a lot from those of us that grew up during the Moe years) and I can only shake my head. It is amazing the characters this team has had as coaches, and how great those coaches were, and now we are settling for mediocrity. I mean this team once had Doug Moe, Larry Brown, even George Karl, and now we are settling for Michael Malone because they are scared to hire another Shaw?

This is the 1st time we have had an all NBA type talent since Melo, the 1st guy who can be a true franchise since Motumbo (Melo had the talent but never seemed to care more about winning than money), the 1st guy who I believe can be a top 4 or 5 in the league since Thompson, yet we are sticking him with a crap coach that refuses to even use the guy in ways to maximize the talent? To top it off we have 2 young guys who we know have all star talent to go with the potential franchise guy, we have other young talent that we are not sure about but have a chance to be good. Why are we happy with mediocrity? They fired Karl for being above average even with much lesser talent, and now mediocre and excuses are okay?

Popovich made the playoffs with an aging Aldridge and a bunch of scraps/ old players. Casey made it to the 2nd round with a team where the best player was on the verge of being a journeyman. Brad Stevens is missing arguably their 2 best players and they just blew out the Cavs, Brett Brown got a team with their 2 best players 23 or younger to the 2nd round. Quinn Snyder lost his best player and another starter from last year, yet they made the 2nd round and played well. The Pelicans traded young talent for a guy that missed half of a season, and suddenly finch joins the team and their offense improves enough to take them to the 2nd round. Those are good coaches, those are the coaches that make a difference. Guys like Hastings and Boykins can talk all they want how coaching doesn't really matter, yet when we have had good coaches this team has been above average, regardless of injuries, or who the players were. **** with Melo here we lost a starter within the 1st week or so of every season for years, yet we always got into the playoffs under Karl. Moe was the same way. Larry Brown took a team full of guys who were thrown away by other teams and made the Eastern conference finals and won a championship in Detroit, even with his diva issues.

Budingholzer took a marginally talented Hawks team, and made them a 60 win team, their best player was either Millsap or Horford, their 3rd best we ask? Teague? Carroll? Korver? Their bench was a bunch of who cares? as well. That team had no business winning 60 games, hell they shouldn't have won 50 games. But somehow Budingholzer got them there. Sorry but that is a very good if not great coach.

Why with a proven very good to great coach on the market right now, are we sitting here with Malone? I mean WTF, why are we happy with mediocrity? This team had way to much talent to miss the playoffs last year, there should be no excuse. We have went over his issues, but why are TC and Josh Kroenke not seeing it?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by NuggetsWY » Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 am

The Rebel wrote:I watched half the Moe special from Altitude today (if you can find it, watch it, it will explain a lot from those of us that grew up during the Moe years) and I can only shake my head. It is amazing the characters this team has had as coaches, and how great those coaches were, and now we are settling for mediocrity. I mean this team once had Doug Moe, Larry Brown, even George Karl, and now we are settling for Michael Malone because they are scared to hire another Shaw?

This is the 1st time we have had an all NBA type talent since Melo, the 1st guy who can be a true franchise since Motumbo (Melo had the talent but never seemed to care more about winning than money), the 1st guy who I believe can be a top 4 or 5 in the league since Thompson, yet we are sticking him with a crap coach that refuses to even use the guy in ways to maximize the talent? To top it off we have 2 young guys who we know have all star talent to go with the potential franchise guy, we have other young talent that we are not sure about but have a chance to be good. Why are we happy with mediocrity? They fired Karl for being above average even with much lesser talent, and now mediocre and excuses are okay?

Popovich made the playoffs with an aging Aldridge and a bunch of scraps/ old players. Casey made it to the 2nd round with a team where the best player was on the verge of being a journeyman. Brad Stevens is missing arguably their 2 best players and they just blew out the Cavs, Brett Brown got a team with their 2 best players 23 or younger to the 2nd round. Quinn Snyder lost his best player and another starter from last year, yet they made the 2nd round and played well. The Pelicans traded young talent for a guy that missed half of a season, and suddenly finch joins the team and their offense improves enough to take them to the 2nd round. Those are good coaches, those are the coaches that make a difference. Guys like Hastings and Boykins can talk all they want how coaching doesn't really matter, yet when we have had good coaches this team has been above average, regardless of injuries, or who the players were. **** with Melo here we lost a starter within the 1st week or so of every season for years, yet we always got into the playoffs under Karl. Moe was the same way. Larry Brown took a team full of guys who were thrown away by other teams and made the Eastern conference finals and won a championship in Detroit, even with his diva issues.

Budingholzer took a marginally talented Hawks team, and made them a 60 win team, their best player was either Millsap or Horford, their 3rd best we ask? Teague? Carroll? Korver? Their bench was a bunch of who cares? as well. That team had no business winning 60 games, hell they shouldn't have won 50 games. But somehow Budingholzer got them there. Sorry but that is a very good if not great coach.

Why with a proven very good to great coach on the market right now, are we sitting here with Malone? I mean WTF, why are we happy with mediocrity? This team had way to much talent to miss the playoffs last year, there should be no excuse. We have went over his issues, but why are TC and Josh Kroenke not seeing it?

Our front office? :giveup:
Your comments? :rockon:
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#72 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Tue May 15, 2018 1:46 am

If Bud isn’t coming here, I at least want him to go to Milwaukee. Imagine what his offense around Giannis would look like..... trying not to think about what his offense around Jokic would look like.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#73 » by THE J0KER » Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am

I can't believe our current coaching position. We repeated the same non-playoff position (9th place on West) from the previous year, despite young Jokic and Murray are one year older and we sign all-star Millsap... but we not going to remove culprit (Malone), despite 2 coaches from last 4 years "coach of the year" award are available on the market (2015 Budenholzer and 2018 Casey)?!
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#74 » by youngthegiant » Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm pretty upset that Malone isn't under more scrutiny. I mean the team had terrible stretches and missed the playoffs again, with Malone at the helms, i have no idea what to expect for next season. I could easily see them regressing once again if Malone continues to hold back Jokic. We've seen what an unleashed Jokic can be, a center who averages near triple doubles for a month.
skywalker33

Post#75 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

youngthegiant wrote:I'm pretty upset that Malone isn't under more scrutiny. I mean the team had terrible stretches and missed the playoffs again, with Malone at the helms, i have no idea what to expect for next season. I could easily see them regressing once again if Malone continues to hold back Jokic. We've seen what an unleashed Jokic can be, a center who averages near triple doubles for a month.

Just curious, when have they regressed ?? Since Malone has been here, they have increased their win total each year, +13 games since he took over for Shaw. Not saying they haven't had some poor stretches but serious injuries had something to do with this last season. Can't say I'm not looking for forward to a coaching change myself but let's keep it real. What do you consider "regressing"

I hate Malone's personnel management but he has had some improvements using his timeouts and using Jokic/Plumlee combo less so he has made some strides. He lacks in in-game adjustments, his X's and O's suck and his defensive strategy's are ineffective. He tries to control the game flow from the bench either, but to say the team has regressed is a bit confusing to me. That all being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see this team get to 52+ wins this year (if healthy), but that's due to talent not necessarily Malone's coaching.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:I'm pretty upset that Malone isn't under more scrutiny. I mean the team had terrible stretches and missed the playoffs again, with Malone at the helms, i have no idea what to expect for next season. I could easily see them regressing once again if Malone continues to hold back Jokic. We've seen what an unleashed Jokic can be, a center who averages near triple doubles for a month.

Just curious, when have they regressed ?? Since Malone has been here, they have increased their win total each year, +13 games since he took over for Shaw. Not saying they haven't had some poor stretches but serious injuries had something to do with this last season. Can't say I'm not looking for forward to a coaching change myself but let's keep it real. What do you consider "regressing"

I hate Malone's personnel management but he has had some improvements using his timeouts and using Jokic/Plumlee combo less so he has made some strides. He lacks in in-game adjustments, his X's and O's suck and his defensive strategy's are ineffective. He tries to control the game flow from the bench either, but to say the team has regressed is a bit confusing to me. That all being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see this team get to 52+ wins this year (if healthy), but that's due to talent not necessarily Malone's coaching.

True, progress has been made and we will probably never know if it's because of Malone or the natural improvement of young players. However, at best Malone has made minimal improvements. Is that the coach we are looking for? A coach that maybe is making a difference? Doesn't matter anyway, our front office has made it clear that they don't like spending money.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by The Rebel » Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

While the record has improved there is no way to argue that Malone did not cost this roster games in late December and January. Even at that time reporters were starting to call for his head, and that just so happened to be the point where Malone finally went to the Jokic offense.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#78 » by THE J0KER » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Marc Jackson record with GSW: 0.348 , 0.573 , 0.622 , but they still fired him after 3rd season.
Lucky we, our FO is not that ungrateful and blind to notice such "obvious progress" :clap:

The reason why now is the right moment to talk about change is that when season once starts there not be available names like Casey, Budingholzer, Fizdale, Kokoskov, Messina. When Bucks finally decided to get rid of Kidd, there are no good free options on the market, so they screw playoff and must wait for offseason to get someone good like Budingholzer is.
skywalker33

Post#79 » by skywalker33 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm

THE J0KER wrote:The reason why now is the right moment to talk about change is that when season once starts there not be available names like Casey, Budingholzer, Fizdale, Kokoskov, Messina. When Bucks finally decided to get rid of Kidd, there are no good free options on the market, so they screw playoff and must wait for offseason to get someone good like Budingholzer is.

It will definitely be interesting to see how all these n fare in their forst year (did Messina get hired somewhere I'm not aware of ?). Bud obviously has the best chance to succeed, Koko will be given time but Fizdale I'll watch that one close, especially with the NY media sharks.

By the same token, I could easily see a Jason Kidd scenario here if we don't start out guns blazing, wonder if Malone will be stupid enough to try and avoid the Jokic offense to start the season or go back to his stubborn ways :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

skywalker33

Post#80 » by skywalker33 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 pm

So what kinda season does Malone have to get to obtain a new contract or what kind of season does to have to get fired ??

Return to Denver Nuggets