ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,229

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2321 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Baseball needs to insist on retractable domes or something. With the earlier start and the cold/snowy weather and the usual spring rain, it's a lot to ask of it's customers who are shelling out decent amount of cash, not to mention setting aside time in their schedule to actually show up. And the travel time involved to get to the stadium.

YES, YES, YES.

Freeze all public subsidies/funding until each outdoor stadium not located in the west installs a roof. They all have the margins to cover the cost

While they're at it...pick us up and drop us off at the games promptly! :lol:

Seriously though...when building a BRAND NEW stadium in bad climates....domes should be mandatory. It's a no brainer.
:beer: RIP mags
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#2322 » by GEOLINK » Wed May 16, 2018 11:19 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Baseball needs to insist on retractable domes or something. With the earlier start and the cold/snowy weather and the usual spring rain, it's a lot to ask of it's customers who are shelling out decent amount of cash, not to mention setting aside time in their schedule to actually show up. And the travel time involved to get to the stadium.

Funny you bring that up because Michael Kay on his show had a rant about this same exact thing.

Yankees made a mistake not having a retractable roof for the new stadium. I used to think it was a no-brainer they would include it when the news came out that they were going to start breaking ground.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#2323 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

YES, YES, YES.

Freeze all public subsidies/funding until each outdoor stadium not located in the west installs a roof. They all have the margins to cover the cost

While they're at it...pick us up and drop us off at the games promptly! :lol:

Seriously though...when building a BRAND NEW stadium in bad climates....domes should be mandatory. It's a no brainer.

and i think the construction costs excuse will end up masking a boatload of corruption and such in the construction business.

Anyhow, make it mandatory, freeze all subsidies and breaks until the roof is complete, and force the teams to build the roof.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#2324 » by Spree2Houston » Wed May 16, 2018 11:45 pm

They should've built a roof on Metlife stadium as well. I understand playing in cold weather is having an advantage for New York teams but this generation is different from prior generations. With the rise of HD TVs, Millennials would rather sit at home and watch the game on a 80 inch tv than sit in 5 degree weather at Metlife Stadium. Same goes for Baseball to an extent. Nobody want to sit outside in 95 degrees in mid August. This generation is just different.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,543

Post#2325 » by Butch718 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:38 am

Spree2Houston wrote:They should've built a roof on Metlife stadium as well. I understand playing in cold weather is having an advantage for New York teams but this generation is different from prior generations. With the rise of HD TVs, Millennials would rather sit at home and watch the game on a 80 inch tv than sit in 5 degree weather at Metlife Stadium Same goes for Baseball to an extent. Nobody want to sit outside in 95 degrees in mid August. This generation is just different.

You're absolutely right. I was a season ticket holder from 2004-2008. Summer games can be brutal. As much as I love watching this team, I feel like going once a year is enough for me. I'd rather watch them from the comfort of my own home.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2326 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I might be in the minority but these rain outs do serve a benefit to an exhausted pen and additional rest never hurt a rotation that can be unpredictable after Severino.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#2327 » by thebuzzardman » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Funny you bring that up because Michael Kay on his show had a rant about this same exact thing.

Yankees made a mistake not having a retractable roof for the new stadium. I used to think it was a no-brainer they would include it when the news came out that they were going to start breaking ground.

I never watch or listen to him, but I'm sure it's kicked around and I've heard it elsewhere. I was disappointed they didn't go that route in the new stadium - the team is rich and they got all sorts of breaks and incentives from NYC, they could've swung it.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#2328 » by Polk377 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:I might be in the minority but these rain outs do serve a benefit to an exhausted pen and additional rest never hurt a rotation that can be unpredictable after Severino.

These rain outs will really hurt later in the season when they have to make them up in the dog days of summer.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#2329 » by GEOLINK » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Polk377
General Manager

Post#2330 » by Polk377 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yea that interview was very revealing on the Michael Kay Show. He pretty much said running with A-Rod and Cabrera it wasn't surprising. His assistant was also outed in the Biogenesis investigation.

The most interesting part was that Tex said he knows more people that took PEDs and some are in the Hall of Fame now that got away with it. He and others wont say for fear of being labeled the bad guy and snitch like Conseco.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2331 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

Polk377 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:I might be in the minority but these rain outs do serve a benefit to an exhausted pen and additional rest never hurt a rotation that can be unpredictable after Severino.

These rain outs will really hurt later in the season when they have to make them up in the dog days of summer.

Maybe. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Every day ticks closer to the other half of the pen getting healthy and hopefully Montgomery recovers and rejoins the rotation.

The Yankees are a second half team. Last season is proof of that. CC and Tanaka looked horrible then the All-Star Break, they turned it on all the way to the ALCS.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2332 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had my PED cherry popped when Andy Pettitte came out.

Still this brings me down. He was a Yankee. I rooted for Robinson Cano. I hated to see him go but understood this game is also a business.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#2333 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 18, 2018 2:08 am

Who started these rumors of DeGrom or Noah getting traded here?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2334 » by Mecca » Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 am

GEOLINK wrote:Who started these rumors of DeGrom or Noah getting traded here?

That would be me lol.

Offered Andujar/Frazier/Sheffield to Mets fans and got told Torres or go home
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Polk377
General Manager

Post#2335 » by Polk377 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:20 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had my PED cherry popped when Andy Pettitte came out.

Still this brings me down. He was a Yankee. I rooted for Robinson Cano. I hated to see him go but understood this game is also a business.

I have a feeling Cashman found out/knew and that's why he wasn't brought back.
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#2336 » by bkzfinest11 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 am

Polk377 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yea that interview was very revealing on the Michael Kay Show. He pretty much said running with A-Rod and Cabrera it wasn't surprising. His assistant was also outed in the Biogenesis investigation.

The most interesting part was that Tex said he knows more people that took PEDs and some are in the Hall of Fame now that got away with it. He and others wont say for fear of being labeled the bad guy and snitch like Conseco.

I agree with Tex but he cant be runing his mouth and saying he knew people well! why don't you say who they are if you feel so strongly about it and stop using Conseco as an excuse. Conseco did use it as well and that makes him a snitch. So unless hiding something might as well come out and name names.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#2337 » by Polk377 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 am

bkzfinest11 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree with Tex but he cant be runing his mouth and saying he knew people well! why don't you say who they are if you feel so strongly about it and stop using Conseco as an excuse. Conseco did use it as well and that makes him a snitch. So unless hiding something might as well come out and name names.

Yea he said a little too extra there. Don't say you know if you don't want to talk.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#2338 » by Phish Tank » Fri May 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Tex is probably correct, but he's been a bit of a chatty patty since retirement. He's gotta keep quiet sometimes
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#2339 » by blue and orange » Fri May 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Definetly unfortunate about Cano what is stupid about this is it was vitamin B-12 an over the counter supplement. Bonds, Clemens, Arod, Palmeiro, Cano, Manny, etc are all Hall of Famers in my eyes MLB does need to get over their holier then thou act when they are the ones who turned a blind eye on steroids and PEDS, then turned on the players once Canseco ratted everyone out. Why are PEDS such a big deal in baseball but not as big of a deal in other sports.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#2340 » by blue and orange » Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Maybe. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Every day ticks closer to the other half of the pen getting healthy and hopefully Montgomery recovers and rejoins the rotation.

The Yankees are a second half team. Last season is proof of that. CC and Tanaka looked horrible then the All-Star Break, they turned it on all the way to the ALCS.

I think I would try and have a starting pitcher pitch the rest of the shortened game against the Nationals if it does go 9, maybe have CC (who will be on an innings limit anyways) pitch that game or even Severino get a shortened 4 inning official relief appearance (an unofficial 4 inning start), thats a weird situation but I wouldn't waste that game on a bullpen arm unless it goes past 9 innings.

Return to New York Knicks